Poll

What do you think the NFL will "catch" the Patriots doing next?

Black MagicGate.....you're not supposed to hire voodoo guys
2 (25%)
Supermangate....you're not supposed to bring in people with superpowers
0 (0%)
Nextgenerationpedsyouhaven'tevenheardofbuteveryoneusesGate
1 (12.5%)
Tookarefoutfordinnergate.....You can't take refs out to dinner!
0 (0%)
Silencegate......Instead of pumping noise into stadium...made it dead silent..you can't do that
2 (25%)
Girlfriendgate....hiring women to date players on the other team and dump them right before game day
2 (25%)
summowrestlerGate.....everyone knows you can't do that
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Predict the next Patriots gate scandal  (Read 4489 times)

Predict the next Patriots gate scandal
« on: May 09, 2015, 08:32:10 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Make your own prediction for the next pathetic thing the league tries on the Patriots.

Re: Predict the next Patriots gate scandal
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 09:19:46 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Girlfriendgate is a throwback to the Lawrence Taylor era

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wintergate.

They will claim that the Patriots would alter the weather, to make it much more colder than it is. The report will say they will secretly hire X-Man Storm, and hide her in the stands. Then she will tweak the weather a bit on the AFC Championship game against a re-surging Cleveland Browns, making it 10 degress colder than it is. The Browns would play in extreme cold, they will shiver and movements will be stiff, but the Patriots, of course, would be prepared for it. They practiced it all season.

;D
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
How about GateGate, lol

Where The New England Patriots, whether chosen or not, have monopolized most of the scandals in the NFL.

To the winner goes the spoils, good and bad, I guess.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
if you aint cheating, you aint trying....I don't get this crap. Didn't they play with the same balls? If the NFL did not want this the teams should all play with officially selected and protected balls.

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:21:08 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Artificially inflating their fanbase's persecution complex above tolerable limits.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I actually think this Gate will be the Gate to end all Gates (for a while anyway).  This is not going to end well for the League, the Patriots, or Brady.  This is going to go on and be the next couple of Gates.

I know this has been debated ad nauseam but all they have on Brady is that he wrote texts complaining about the balls after a Jets game where the balls were inflated to 16 psig.  He had nothing to do with the balls on the day of the sting.  How can that justify a Brady suspension?  Why not suspend Brady because of the Jets game too since he used illegal balls in that game.  Because it is not Brady that screwed up, it was the equipment guys, that is why.  In spite of this, the league will suspend him, he will fight it and win, and everyone will look bad.

The only legitimate penalty that could be assessed is one for the Patriots managing the equipment personnel and procedures so poorly.  It appears that McNally broke some rules and if he did, that is a Patriots' problem (but not a Brady problem) and one that could justify a penalty such as a late draft pick or a fine.  I would not have a problem with that.

I have also heard that Brady could face a suspension for not turning over his phone (which he doesn't have to do by Union rules).  I don't get that either.  Any text he sent to McNally they would already have because they have McNally's phone.  Who do they think Brady sent texts to, Deep Throat?  Brady has legitimate privacy concerns because his wife is such a public figure.  If they suspend Brady for this, I think the union should walk out and shut down the league (I am serious, this is how bad I think this could get, that will be the next "Gate").

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Next scandal? When people realize the pressure put on Jimmy G. for BB's "scientific" test of whether his quarterbacks could tell the difference between balls inflated to 11.5 and 12.5.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Patriots fans must understand :)

You all have dominated the League for the last 15 years. That is a LONG time. As long as Brady and Belichick are there you all will probably continue to dominate the league.

I'm guessing at least 3-5 more years of dominance?

It's the "Glad to see those bums finally get theirs" syndrome. Yes - Brady needs to be punished, but ALSO - Yes, OTHER teams do this and other stuff and DON'T GET CAUGHT, LOL.

The Pats need to be like the kids in elementary school...the teacher NEVER caught the kid doing the bad stuff, she/he only caught the kid who REACTED. ;D

Don't get caught - or better yet - just behave ;D :)

I'd gladly trade my Washington Redskins' years of futility for ONE year of the Pats dominance.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 12:41:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Artificially inflating their fanbase's persecution complex above tolerable limits.

"Why do they hate us so much? Why can't they just love us?"

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
One of the 1,001 things that bother me about the report, is the fact that Wells believes that this guy

all 300ish pounds of this older guy was more probable than not to have gone all ninja like in the bathroom rapidly deflating footballs rather than an innocent pee break.  I'm not saying it's not impossible, but is it really more probable than not?

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This Pats fans victim card played in response to Deflate Gate has been very amusing.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 02:44:34 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
You all need a Charm Offensive, too.

Besides being perhaps the most dominant NFL team over the last decade or more, your coach is brilliant BUT not the most endearing person.

Any time some media outlets give him grief for kissing his DAUGHTER for crying out loud, LOL - you KNOW you all are hated outside of NE.

Plus, like Rondo - Belichick is not the most endearing person media-wise. They both failed Media 101 MISERABLY - but are BOTH BRILLIANT people.

You have The DAL fanbase comparing Rajon Rondo to Frank the Turtle LOL ;D,

Whatever.

When you are brilliant, you better walk a STRAIGHT LINE and BEHAVE. Neither Rondo or Belichick walk a straight line, unfortunately.

Rondo's personality is not the most endearing, nor is Belichick's. This opens them BOTH up for scrutiny if/when they mess up, unfortunately.

They both need to do State Farm commercials. :)

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 03:05:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Blowout-Gate.

Running the score on every team and going for 2 even when you're up 39-3 against your opponent. I'd expect the Patriots to show that kind of mentality this season, especially to the Colts!  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 03:37:17 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Bum-Gate, where Pats get called out for too many positive outcomes on acquisitions of what look like bum or disfunctional players. The claim is that too many bum players have a tendency to become better than the average player or resurrected stars on the Pats. Lol