Author Topic: Brady tells SI "I want to play until I’m 41"  (Read 2869 times)

Brady tells SI "I want to play until I’m 41"
« on: May 26, 2009, 04:10:03 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Some great stuff coming out of this Peter King interview with Brady:

*Brady told SI that his recovery is on schedule, he’s running and cutting without pain or restricted movement, and he has no ill effects from two follow-up procedures to flush out a postop staph infection in the knee. In fact, calling the last eight months “the halftime of my career,” Brady said, “I want to play another 10 years.”

"I’ll be ready to play, back to playing normally, when the seasons starts. I’ve done everything I could to push myself, sometimes too hard. Right now, I’m doing everything. Literally everything. There’s nothing I can’t do.”

*Brady said that playing 10 more seasons “is a big goal of mine, a very big goal. I want to play until I’m 41. And if I get to that point and still feel good, I’ll keep playing. I mean, what the hell else am I going to do? I don’t like anything else.

*What would I do instead of run out in front of 80,000 people and command 52 guys and be around guys I consider brothers and be one of the real gladiators? Why would I ever want to do anything else? It’s so hard to think of anything that would match what I do: Fly to the moon? Jump out of planes? Bungee-jump off cliffs? None of that s— matters to me. I want to play this game I love, be with my wife and son, and enjoy life.”

*”I wanted to prove I could move around and get ahead of schedule,” Brady recalled, “and nothing was going to stop me. Unfortunately I did too much too soon. I was responsible for the infection. In a way it was probably good for me — it slowed me down a little bit.”

“Throwing never was a problem. I’ve really felt comfortable throwing since two months after surgery.”

*Brady said he learned much about himself during his forced layoff. “When I was playing every week, I ****ed about the little things,” he said. “Like, God, we’ve got to go outside today? It’s raining! Or, why is Bill dunking the ball in soap? Or, why do we have a meeting at 7:30 to talk about everything we’ve already talked about. Geez!  Then, when you’re not playing, you realize you would [gladly] do any of that — whatever they wanted me to do.

*”So, this year if I hear [the Pats have] two-a-day practices? Great! Let’s have three. Whatever you say, Coach.”

*”He’s got me running all over the field,” Welker said last Friday. “Once or twice I’ve been like, ‘Hey, Tom, we just had a pretty long season. Let’s take some baby steps here.’ But he doesn’t want to hear that. When you’re on the field with him, you’re out there playing…  Just wait, you’ll see. He’s the same guy.”

Re: Brady tells SI "I want to play until I’m 41"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't wait for this upcoming football season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:40:04 PM »

Offline RedsCeltics34

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 45
  • Lets Go Celtics!
Can't wait for this upcoming football season.

Co-Sign!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 05:54:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Play til your 41..,.Just do it with more dignity than Favre
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 06:47:36 PM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
So Brady leaked out Coach's secret... He makes the team practice with a soapy ball. I wonder what the fine is for that one...
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens