Author Topic: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20  (Read 27018 times)

Re: Boston Celtics vs Milwaukee Bucks Seeding Game #1 7/31/20
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2020, 09:28:50 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
That Giannis charge they overturned killed us. Not a bad effort overall though considering JT was a passenger
The non-call on the goaltending leading to a 3 and a 5 point swing before that killed us.
The non-call on Giannis, even when reviewing a clear fall, just after that Killed us.
The charge being overturned never should have even happened.

Still, despite Tatum and the refs having awful games we were in it til the end and there were positives.

The refs did not have an awful game.... they did exactly what the NBA mandates them to do. THAT is why you are not winning any championships without a superstar.

« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2020, 09:30:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
That Giannis charge they overturned killed us. Not a bad effort overall though considering JT was a passenger
The non-call on the goaltending leading to a 3 and a 5 point swing before that killed us.
The non-call on Giannis, even when reviewing a clear fall, just after that Killed us.

Still, despite Tatum and the refs having awful games we were in it til the end and there were positives.

The refs did not have an awful game.... they did exactly what the NBA mandates them to do. THAT is why you are not winning any championships without a superstar.

We have a superstar but he went MIA today...

« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2020, 09:31:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Tough one. 

But no Kemba for the most of the 2nd half and no Tatum all game.   
And 7 fouls for Giannis and he's still playing.

Tatum needs to become the assist guy on nights like this

He needs to up his defense, pass the ball better, rebound better on nights like tonight...
basically if you are a superstar having an off night shooting the ball you still need to have an impact on the game.
Tatum didn't do that at all tonight.  But it was probably one of the worst games of his career so far, so we can give
him a little slack.  This doesn't happen very often.

My main problem with it, is that I don't see the enthusiasm for the def end from Tatum.  If shots aren't falling you still have to help the team win.
Unfortunately tonight was a winnable game.  We had great nights from Smart, Gordon, Jaylen, Wanamaker, Theis. 

« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Well, easy to win when you have 8 fouls for your star player.

Still, with Kemba only playing 20 minutes and Tatum being awful to have this kind of game is encouraging.

Still upset with how atrocious NBA officiating is.

I mean honestly there are a lot of positive take aways here. Kemba was great against in his limited minutes. The c's were in t despite Jaylen foul trouble Tatum's worst game all year. I mean they can't really stop giannis but i think this would be a long series.

Correction: They cant stop Giannis with all the help he gets from the NBA.

« Reply #484 on: July 31, 2020, 09:34:39 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Despite all the officiating bias in the 4th, if we had contained the Lopez brothers earlier we would have won by double digits.

« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2020, 09:35:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

We may think we do, but the NBA doesnt think so. If the NBA thought so he would have been gifted about 15 free throws tonight. That is what a superstar gets in the NBA.

« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2020, 09:35:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Man if Tatum keeps putting up 5 points per game and 2 of 18 FG we aren't getting anywhere far in the playoffs.

Such a winnable game, a disappointing loss. Kemba will have to step up big time and Brad Wanamaker needs to stop messing around.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2020, 09:41:00 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Kind of expected given the lack of minutes in the scrimmage games. It’s clear Brad doesn’t care too much about theses games. Hopefully they hang on to 3rd seed.

« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2020, 10:20:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

We may think we do, but the NBA doesnt think so. If the NBA thought so he would have been gifted about 15 free throws tonight. That is what a superstar gets in the NBA.
Because he's not a superstar lol. The purple patch is over, Brad needs to relegate him to a quick burst isolation scorer role and let Hayward/Brown/Smart carry a heavier offensive load if we don't want to have another star shoot us out of the playoffs against an elite defence in the second round. We have the talent to cope with Tatum regressing to the mean, Brad just needs to start utilising it.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2020, 10:44:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kind-of a worst case scenario game. If the Cs won (preferred), we could all feel good about our title chances, but I also would have taken getting blown out as it would have shown that the Bucks are legit contenders versus the Lakers. Instead, we got a close loss - which really doesn't show any positives.

Also, I was worried about this from Tatum. He was quoted during the height of the pandemic as having not touched a basketball since the season came to a halt. That rust and the fact that he is probably quite upset about not being able to be with Deuce might not give us the best version of himself...at least for a while. Here's to hoping he can come to embrace the situation and give us the superstar we need.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:10:30 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2020, 10:46:04 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
What a horrible game. I don’t care that it’s the first game back Tatum has got to play better. He gave them nothing, he played scared he avoided contact, he was scared to shoot, everything he put up was not even close to going in just embarrassing. Kemba as well where the hell was he? He doesn’t deserve to be called a fringe star or one of the top pgs. Dude was a complete no show too. Don’t get me started on Theis either he killed the team. Celts bigs are horrendous. The season just started but it’s looking mad brim.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
What a horrible game. I don’t care that it’s the first game back Tatum has got to play better. He gave them nothing, he played scared he avoided contact, he was scared to shoot, everything he put up was not even close to going in just embarrassing. Kemba as well where the hell was he? He doesn’t deserve to be called a fringe star or one of the top pgs. Dude was a complete no show too. Don’t get me started on Theis either he killed the team. Celts bigs are horrendous. The season just started but it’s looking mad brim.

I wish you would tell us how you really feel about the Cs performance today.  ;D

« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2020, 11:11:55 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 249
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Marcus smart is my favorite Celtics player.   

« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2020, 11:12:47 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Marcus smart is my favorite Celtics player.
Top 20 passer in the league and the best passer on the Celtics.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA