Author Topic: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19  (Read 71562 times)

Re: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19
« Reply #1035 on: May 04, 2019, 01:55:55 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
-CBS outcoached, what a terrible job

-Kyrie Irving a liability on the defensive end in the 2nd half. Exposed

-Kyrie Irving trying to do it all at the sign the team starts to wilt a bit

-Guarding Giannis too closely, instead of turning him into a jump shooter

-CBS not inserting Baynes when Giannis just started to play bully ball

-CBS taking out Brown with 5 fouls

-CBS no structure/gameplan out of timeouts to stop drives to the basket

-Celtics letting Bucks defense settle and rarely getting fastbreak points

Game 4 is a must win game or season is over

Certainly agree with this. Though I picked the Celts to win in 6, game 4 is a must-win. No way in hell, they're going to be able to beat Milwaukee in three consecutive games. In fact, if the Celts don't win game 4, the series is likely over in game 5.

It's been a must-win since Game 2, and they failed to capitalize. They got shellacked in Milwaukee, and took that beating back home with them.

what p---ed me off is that the game was going back and forth

Then Giannis put on a chokehold ... and in a blink of an eye , it became a 10 point lead

He dominated at the paint in both ends ... and bucks played D out the 3 pt line

Where the F was the 2 point mid range shots that were available??

Celtics followed a good game plan in game 1 by doing these things above

But in game 2 and 3 start to wilt and lose focus

this starts with the coaching staff

Brad Stevens just does not know how to discipline his team.

what also ticks me off is that , that dummy Tony Mazz was 100 percent right

lets see what the Celts can do , once its  down 10-15.  If the team can dig their way out of it

and the team can't against a good team like the Bucks (and in many instances in the regular season)

Not a sign of a true champion contender

Last year's team they knew how to dig themselves back out from a large hole. This year, not so much. It's frustrating. I mean, nobody really left from last year and they got themselves the addition of Irving and Hayward. They lost the "it" mentality.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1036 on: May 04, 2019, 01:56:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
68 free throws is a crap NBA game.

man IT4 was great at getting to the line...sigh

« Reply #1037 on: May 04, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Danny Ainge that buffoon missed out on picking up Enes Kanter from the buyout market. 18/15 tonight, he would've been valuable in helping trap Giannis down low and provide some interior scoring on the other end.

And make a legitimate case run to the NBA Finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1038 on: May 04, 2019, 02:14:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
68 free throws is a crap NBA game.

man IT4 was great at getting to the line...sigh
Not good at much anymore these days, which is sad. If he was even back to the form he had in his 1st year with us Denver would be a much more fun team to root for.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1039 on: May 04, 2019, 02:47:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny Ainge that buffoon missed out on picking up Enes Kanter from the buyout market. 18/15 tonight, he would've been valuable in helping trap Giannis down low and provide some interior scoring on the other end.

Danny that Olynyk lover ... missed out on drafting Giannis who was dangling in front of his face

« Reply #1040 on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
-CBS outcoached, what a terrible job

-Kyrie Irving a liability on the defensive end in the 2nd half. Exposed

-Kyrie Irving trying to do it all at the sign the team starts to wilt a bit

-Guarding Giannis too closely, instead of turning him into a jump shooter

-CBS not inserting Baynes when Giannis just started to play bully ball

-CBS taking out Brown with 5 fouls

-CBS no structure/gameplan out of timeouts to stop drives to the basket

-Celtics letting Bucks defense settle and rarely getting fastbreak points

Game 4 is a must win game or season is over

Certainly agree with this. Though I picked the Celts to win in 6, game 4 is a must-win. No way in hell, they're going to be able to beat Milwaukee in three consecutive games. In fact, if the Celts don't win game 4, the series is likely over in game 5.

It's been a must-win since Game 2, and they failed to capitalize. They got shellacked in Milwaukee, and took that beating back home with them.

what p---ed me off is that the game was going back and forth

Then Giannis put on a chokehold ... and in a blink of an eye , it became a 10 point lead

He dominated at the paint in both ends ... and bucks played D out the 3 pt line

Where the F was the 2 point mid range shots that were available??

Celtics followed a good game plan in game 1 by doing these things above

But in game 2 and 3 start to wilt and lose focus

this starts with the coaching staff

Brad Stevens just does not know how to discipline his team.

what also ticks me off is that , that dummy Tony Mazz was 100 percent right

lets see what the Celts can do , once its  down 10-15.  If the team can dig their way out of it

and the team can't against a good team like the Bucks (and in many instances in the regular season)

Not a sign of a true champion contender

Last year's team they knew how to dig themselves back out from a large hole. This year, not so much. It's frustrating. I mean, nobody really left from last year and they got themselves the addition of Irving and Hayward. They lost the "it" mentality.

Not a together team starting with Irving

How can he be so naive and try to finish near the basket with Giannis patrolling the paint (2nd half)

Not once but twice, three times...

The outcome was painful

« Reply #1041 on: May 04, 2019, 03:08:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Danny that Olynyk lover ... missed out on drafting Giannis who was dangling in front of his face
Hey, at least we didn't draft Bennett at #1 or Shabazz Muhammad at #14! Small positives ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1042 on: May 04, 2019, 03:12:19 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
What this does show is that it's going to be a necessity to go all in for AD this summer. If the league is just going to lose any of its remaining credibility and stick to all of this extreme level of star favoritism with the officiating, then we need to add another marketable star to the team to give us more leverage with the officials.

Unfortunately, at this point I'm not sure if Tatum alone (with all of the other fillers) is enough, and it may require Brown to get in on the mix, too, which is not ideal, as he's a good fit at the 2 in that potential lineup.

Who could beat our Tatum + fillers offer though? Unless NY win the Zion sweepstakes? Surely LA can't beat our offer.
I would take Zion over Tatum.  I would take Doncic over Tatum.  I’m sure there are probably other offers too.

But given that the only team with a decent chance at getting Zion who would trade him for Davis is the Knicks, and that the Mavs arent trading Doncic, the point stands. With the Lakers diminished assets a Tatum plus stuff package is probably still the ebst the Pels will get.

This was my point, I can’t imagine Dallas trading Doncic. If NY gets Zion and they miss out on Kyrie and KD then maybe they can come up with Zion and another 15m of salary though I don’t think they have much filler left. Who else could beat a Tatum + smart + filler package?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1043 on: May 04, 2019, 06:29:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Backs to a wall can sometimes bring out the best in a team.  However, the Bucks made some good moves in terms of personnel and I feel we need to play almost perfect to beat them.   I will be rooting for us, to the end, no matter win or lose.

« Reply #1044 on: May 04, 2019, 07:17:37 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
To me it is plain and simple. Hayward has to be good in order to win. a 15-20 points and 4-6 assists would do the trick. Our bench has to outperform theirs.
Everything else hoops on that, the defense the ball movement etc
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #1045 on: May 04, 2019, 07:51:11 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Now the Celtics are going to be viewed as "whiners"/"sore losers" for blaming the officials tonight. Kyrie, Tatum...eh.

Even though I know the officiating was horrible tonight, just looking at the FT disparity. But some of the loss has to do with bad execution and coaching, too.
32 FTAs vs. 36 FTAs with the Celtics actually making more FTs (30 to 24).  Complain about that and you'll sound like an idiotic sour loser.  Maybe if the Celts aggressively tried to get to the basket throughout the game there'd have been a different result. 

« Reply #1046 on: May 04, 2019, 08:58:55 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
An odd, and disappointing, disparity that I noticed while looking at the shot chart was the Celtics took 14 mid-range jumpers (Tatum going 5/6; the rest of team 2/8) vs. the Bucks 5 (2/5). That and the C's seemingly can't finish within 3-feet of the hoop.

« Reply #1047 on: May 04, 2019, 09:08:33 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
An odd, and disappointing, disparity that I noticed while looking at the shot chart was the Celtics took 14 mid-range jumpers (Tatum going 5/6; the rest of team 2/8) vs. the Bucks 5 (2/5). That and the C's seemingly can't finish within 3-feet of the hoop.
Not odd.  The Celts are a jump shooting team and the Bucks try to protect the basket first.  You do realize that totals 7/14 which is rather good. 

We gave up 123 points.  The issues are more defensive than offensive.  Stevens, as usual, is too focused on the 3pt line.  You've got to protect the basket first. 

« Reply #1048 on: May 04, 2019, 09:10:47 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Now the Celtics are going to be viewed as "whiners"/"sore losers" for blaming the officials tonight. Kyrie, Tatum...eh.

Even though I know the officiating was horrible tonight, just looking at the FT disparity. But some of the loss has to do with bad execution and coaching, too.
32 FTAs vs. 36 FTAs with the Celtics actually making more FTs (30 to 24).  Complain about that and you'll sound like an idiotic sour loser.  Maybe if the Celts aggressively tried to get to the basket throughout the game there'd have been a different result.

And you know what helped that FT disparity?

GOING TO THR BASKET! What d’ya know. What a crock, I don’t understand why they settle and settle and settle.

« Reply #1049 on: May 04, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

And you know what helped that FT disparity?

GOING TO THR BASKET! What d’ya know. What a crock, I don’t understand why they settle and settle and settle.

They drove a lot in the 1st 3 qtrs and came away with nothing but choking refs.

Nothing changed in the 4th except for the refs doing the usual nba thing where they make more calls for the team they've been screwing all night just to make it look less obvious.
Still don't believe in Joe.