Author Topic: SI: Celtics could trade Brown+Hayward for Westbrook  (Read 13811 times)

SI: Celtics could trade Brown+Hayward for Westbrook
« on: July 11, 2019, 04:25:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Trade machine: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yx9sq5kh

https://www.inquisitr.com/5522418/nba-rumors-celtics-could-offer-jaylen-brown-gordon-hayward-for-russell-westbrook-per-sports-illustrated/

In the proposed trade deal by Sports Illustrated, the Celtics will be sending Gordon Hayward and Jaylen Brown to the Thunder in exchange for Russell Westbrook. The deal works on ESPN‘s NBA Trade Machine. If the trade becomes a reality, it will help the Celtics and the Thunder in filling up the needs to improve on their roster.

Russell Westbrook may be playing the same position as Kemba Walker, but if they manage to build good chemistry in Boston, the Celtics could have one of the most explosive backcourt duos in the league. Westbrook will give the Celtics an MVP-caliber point guard and triple-double machine. Last season, Westbrook averaged 22.9 points, 11.1 rebounds, 10.7 assists, and 1.9 steals on 42.8 percent shooting from the field and 29.0 percent shooting from beyond the arc. (lol)

Re: SI: Celtics could trade Brown+Hayward for Westbrook
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 04:34:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would take a year off from the Celtics if we did this moronic deal. Luckily Ainge has a brain.

Westbrook can't and won't be coached and doesn't contribute to wins. Keep him as far away as possible.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 04:45:05 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
No. Never. A million times no.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 05:23:04 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

If the trade becomes a reality, it will help the Celtics and the Thunder in filling up the needs to improve on their roster.

Russell Westbrook may be playing the same position as Kemba Walker, but if they manage to build good chemistry

Is this a joke??

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 05:39:34 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Why would we give 1000$ for 15$?
Money launding purposes?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 05:54:31 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Hell 2 the no.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 05:58:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This is what happens when you have to crank out so many articles so quickly. He got assigned a Westbrook trade article and had to fill it out with some nonsense after the first two obvious possibilities.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 06:16:00 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I’d consider it, if the Thunder also give the haul that they just got from the Clippers, plus a few first rounders on top that.

NO
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
This is what happens when you have to crank out so many articles so quickly. He got assigned a Westbrook trade article and had to fill it out with some nonsense after the first two obvious possibilities.

This... This isn’t real. Ainge would not even consider it.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 06:39:32 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yuck.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 06:53:24 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I mean, I’d like to hope that the case.  But Westbrook is clearly on the block, Jaylen is up for a new deal next year, and I’d be absolutely shocked if Ainge hasn’t at least checked in on Westbrook’s availability.  I know for a darn-near certainty that Ainge explored a Westbrook-Isaiah trade a few summers ago, before Russ ultimately signed his pre-supermax extension.  And we know that Ainge will always prioritize talent, and much tho I love Jaylen, Russ is clearly the superior talent.

But Hayward-Brown doesn’t go far enough.  Try:

Hayward, Brown, Smart, Rob Williams, and Carsen Edwards for Russ and Adams.  That deal has Ainge and Presti written all over it, and then I become a thunder fan.

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i had already mulled this .

Danny is in love with guards

He jumped on Kyrie like a fat boy at a buffet .

I guarantee you he is studying the situation and i would not be surprized IN THE LEAST if he traded Hayward away in a deal for Westbrooke.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 07:00:59 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
After that we can go after Chris Paul. Dwight Howard is a FA and whatever is left give up for John Wall.
ok fine

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 07:01:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I mean, I’d like to hope that the case.  But Westbrook is clearly on the block, Jaylen is up for a new deal next year, and I’d be absolutely shocked if Ainge hasn’t at least checked in on Westbrook’s availability.  I know for a darn-near certainty that Ainge explored a Westbrook-Isaiah trade a few summers ago, before Russ ultimately signed his pre-supermax extension.  And we know that Ainge will always prioritize talent, and much tho I love Jaylen, Russ is clearly the superior talent.

But Hayward-Brown doesn’t go far enough.  Try:

Hayward, Brown, Smart, Rob Williams, and Carsen Edwards for Russ and Adams.  That deal has Ainge and Presti written all over it, and then I become a thunder fan.
This is so weirdly pessimistic.

Anyways if Danny's problem is paying Jaylen a max contract, he isn't trading for the far larger max contract of a over thirty player on the decline whom plays the same position as his max FA acquisition.

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 07:03:11 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I really hope not.. but we all know Danny loves guards.