Author Topic: Prediction: Hernandez done as a Patriot.  (Read 10557 times)

Re: Prediction: Hernandez done as a Patriot.
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 11:25:04 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This stuff about the 'Patriot Way' is a load of crap.  Its just like the NBA, you want as much value (i.e. talent) as possible on your roster given the constraints of the cap.  This means you try to buy low and sell high.  Why do people slip in draft?  Character issues etc.  At the end of the day when the choice is between character and ability, it all comes down to winning for the Pats or any other team.

The 'Patriot Way' is a media/pr invention and its a crock of crap.

Sure is.

It was funny when they signed like Haynesworth I had to listen to my friends say he would become a pro bowler that year.    ::)

Whats interesting is after the cops leaked so much info and there was supposed to be an imminent arrest, it still hasn't happened.  Hernandez has major league legal representation with Ropes & Gray, so you have to wonder what they can pin on him.

I'd imagine they are going for more than just obstruction of justice, see what they can get on him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Has he been CONVICTED yet? Wow talk about hasty conclusions from some posts here.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Has he been CONVICTED yet? Wow talk about hasty conclusions from some posts here.

No convictions, but there's an awful lot of smoke related to the obstruction charges.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pats could go from Week 1 of last year with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez to Week 1 of this year with none of them...

What's next? Amendola gets hurt in training camp or something?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Pats could go from Week 1 of last year with Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez to Week 1 of this year with none of them...

No chance. If he's known for one thing in his career, it's durability.

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2013, 01:24:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

No chance. If he's known for one thing in his career, it's durability.

Lol. TP.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »

Offline Tgro

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • It's all about the TEAM!

Gee, it kind of reminds me of the Celtics.
The Celtics aren't quitters. Why should you be? - blind homer

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

i just find it really hard to believe Aaron did the shooting and then left his rental SUV at the crime scene ..thats beyond stupid...im sittin here shakin my head cause i cant see him doing that... i read Aaron and 2 other men returned to his home in the white audi..whose been driving this black SUV that was left by the body...he cant drive 2 vehicles , i think hes protecting someone or tried to help cover up someones mistake
Reply 0

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Some of Cossack's remarks:

1. The activity at the house appears, from his view, to be more search-warrant related than regarding an arrest warrant.

2. “I think this is part of ratcheting up pressure on Hernandez. The fact that the arrest warrant hasn’t been served, but a search warrant is being served, to me is like the police sending signals more and more, saying ‘We’re getting closer, we’re getting closer. We want your cooperation. That’s why the arrest warrant hasn’t been served. There is going to come a time, and there is going to be a line, when we’re not going to ask for cooperation [but] we’re coming after you.’ So I think that’s what is going on right now.”

3. (On what he expects to happen next) “I think this is somewhat of a cat-and-mouse game that’s going on between Hernandez, his lawyer and the police. The fact that Hernandez has not responded yet indicates to me, at least, that there is some serious discussion going on with his attorney. Because no attorney who had the opportunity to self-surrender a client, and work out a deal for him, particularly when you’re talking about a crime of this type – any attorney would want to do it. So the fact that Hernandez is holding out and police are ratcheting up the pressure, to me indicates that eventually there is going to be a line that is crossed and I think you’re going to see Hernandez arrested, for at least obstruction of justice, if not something else.”

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
REPORT: Hernandez guilty until proven otherwise

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2013, 03:32:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Source: everybody reading ESPN

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2013, 03:49:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Two teammates tell Sports Illustrated's Greg A. Bedard Aaron Hernandez "got more brazen" after signing his seven-year, $41.115 million extension last August.

Worries about Hernandez's past apparently extended beyond his marijuana issues in college, with reports indicating in recent days teams were concerned about reported gang ties in his native Connecticut. "Brazenness" is certainly suggested by Hernandez's rumored/alleged pattern of violence this offseason. His NFL future is as clear as mud.

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2013, 03:51:28 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
"Hernandez was tough to corral most of rookie season, showed signs of maturity + then regressed after getting the extension”

"Have heard from two Patriots teammates who said, in their opinion, Hernandez got more brazen after contract extension.”

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Two teammates tell Sports Illustrated's Greg A. Bedard Aaron Hernandez "got more brazen" after signing his seven-year, $41.115 million extension last August.

Worries about Hernandez's past apparently extended beyond his marijuana issues in college, with reports indicating in recent days teams were concerned about reported gang ties in his native Connecticut. "Brazenness" is certainly suggested by Hernandez's rumored/alleged pattern of violence this offseason. His NFL future is as clear as mud.
the craziest thing I got from this is that there are gangs in connecticut

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2013, 04:03:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
For Aaron Hernandez, trouble has been a lingering opponent
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Aaron Hernandez once said that rejecting UConn to play football for the University of Florida was the best decision he ever made — in part because it allowed him to get away from his hometown of Bristol.