Author Topic: SI: Mike Vick has 98% chance of playing in the new UFL in 2009  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/10/ufl/?eref=sircrc

I thought this was very interesting. Also, it looks like Hartford is getting a team which is exciting. Hopefully this league will actually play a game.

Re: SI: Mike Vick has 98% chance of playing in the new UFL in 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
You Rick Rollin me dog?

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I saw this article too...what really intrigued me was the pay scale - $1-4 million per year for QBs, 1-2 year contracts...seems like high pay for what will be a minor league team.  Unless this league can be successful right off the bat, it seems like a recipe for disaster.  Unless they get a great TV deal and/or sell out all their games, it could be a struggle just to break even.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
What are the chances of Mike Vick coming back as a quarterback? i mean i know he's been playing the position since he could pick up a football, but he was never the most efficient and instinctive quarterback...after 2 to 3 years away from signal calling is it really worth trying to play the QB position again? i mean even if he succeeds in the UFL at Q, he likely won't be landing an immediate starting QB job in the NFL, meaning he'd of been away from throwing passes against elite NFL defenses for around 5 years.

I don't doubt Mike Vick's ability or his drive to play again in the NFL, but it just doesn't seem worth it to spend the rest of his prime football years scratching his way back up the QB ladder.  I think most NFL teams will look at him as a Devin Hester-type player - a guy who can make an immediate impact on special teams and as a wide out.

Also, any chance he comes back and maybe plays a little defense if he can't play Q? i know it sounds strange since his skills with the ball in his hands are rediculis, but he certainly can't be a #1 receiver or a starting tailback - at least at corner he might be able to stay on the field for more snaps.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes