Author Topic: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)  (Read 64011 times)

Re: Big Announcement: CelticsBlog forums phasing out (need your help)
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2018, 04:36:59 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
I'm about 50/50 mobile and desktop when it comes to my internet browsing in general, and while I do not find the current forum unusable or anything on mobile it isn't optimal.  If you are moving to a new software system (which it sounds like is the case), then I'd imagine just about any package would include mobile support anyways.

The one feature I'd really like to see implemented is a togglable notification system.  You could set it up to notify you any time someone quotes you or mentions you in a post, and maybe even everytime someone posts in a "watched" thread.  Every other forum/community I've been a part of has this feature, and it is so handy in keeping conversations running organically.

« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2018, 04:53:34 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’m about 70/30 mobile/tablet. Other than the site crashing, it’s been painless to read/post on mobile.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2018, 12:30:09 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I'm about 70/30 in favor of my mobile device.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Just thought I’d check to see how things are progressing.  It sounded like we had some talented and capable people on this, but so you need more support?

« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Discord anyone? XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
any updates on the final day for accessing the forum through the main page and/or the new site?

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
any updates on the final day for accessing the forum through the main page and/or the new site?

Last I knew there was going to be some wiggle room with "end date" until we can figure out the logistics of movings things to an independent site for the forums.
Yup

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2018, 11:08:05 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Discord anyone? XD

I'd love to somehow integrate a new slack or discord channel with the new forum :)

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »

Online chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 208
I have not had a chance to go through the entire thread but just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear that the forum will be going away.  Though I do not post often I do check the site, especially the forums, daily and I appreciate all who have entertained and informed me on the forum.  I truly hope an alternative can be found and I would very much like to join.  If I needs to be a pay site I would be happy to contribute.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2018, 11:25:09 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I have not had a chance to go through the entire thread but just wanted to say that I am sorry to hear that the forum will be going away.  Though I do not post often I do check the site, especially the forums, daily and I appreciate all who have entertained and informed me on the forum.  I truly hope an alternative can be found and I would very much like to join.  If I needs to be a pay site I would be happy to contribute.
My understanding is that the Forum is not going away, just splitting off from CB.  In that respect, it makes no difference to me as I mostly use the Forum, much less other parts of CB.  So yes, I would pay for access too.

« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2018, 11:44:00 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
My understanding is that the Forum is not going away, just splitting off from CB.  In that respect, it makes no difference to me as I mostly use the Forum, much less other parts of CB.  So yes, I would pay for access too.

Just seeing this thread / the last few posts of it.  I would also pay for access.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2018, 09:17:15 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is there any way in which we can send a kind of "We've Moved" email to anyone/everyone who is registered on here? There has to be some kind of a member master list thingy, right?

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2018, 09:27:40 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Is there any way in which we can send a kind of "We've Moved" email to anyone/everyone who is registered on here? There has to be some kind of a member master list thingy, right?

It should be technically possible to do a one-time announcement/ blast. I know one thing that's been broken here is the email system but that's something meant to be fixed moving forward. I'd have to confirm re: privacy issues and make sure it's done properly, but it should be totally doable.

I'm also hoping we can put some sort of redirect or "goodbye, please visit X" link here in a way that works for SbNation, at least for a little while.

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2018, 09:56:43 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

It should be technically possible to do a one-time announcement/ blast. I know one thing that's been broken here is the email system but that's something meant to be fixed moving forward. I'd have to confirm re: privacy issues and make sure it's done properly, but it should be totally doable.

I'm also hoping we can put some sort of redirect or "goodbye, please visit X" link here in a way that works for SbNation, at least for a little while.

i would very much hope for a redirect link that lasts some months, otherwise the forums might lose too many users

« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2018, 10:33:54 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

i would very much hope for a redirect link that lasts some months, otherwise the forums might lose too many users

As long as possible. Need to honor any wishes of CelticsBlog on how exactly it's done, but everyone has been very gracious so far and I'm sure it'll be worked out.