Author Topic: Hawks (22-28) at Celtics (38-12) Game #51 2/7/24  (Read 8150 times)

Re: Hawks (22-28) at Celtics (38-12) Game #51 2/7/24
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2024, 12:28:55 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Listening to JT’s post game, he said the locker felt “empty” when they found out that Lamar Stevens was traded. My two takeaways are that this team is really closely knit, and maybe the trade was a factor in their somewhat lethargic play at some points in the game.

« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2024, 12:59:17 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Listening to JT’s post game, he said the locker felt “empty” when they found out that Lamar Stevens was traded. My two takeaways are that this team is really closely knit, and maybe the trade was a factor in their somewhat lethargic play at some points in the game.

Yes a lot of times we as fans underestimate the human element of trades, we assume the players can just roll with it and it’s like water off a ducks back, but when you spend so much time with a group of guys and one of them gets shipped out and another one comes in there’s the chemistry that gets affected and has to be rebuilt, even if the player didn’t play a minor role to us, they may have been a popular member of the team. Eventually they should get over it but I’m sure it’s always a disruption.

And when X comes in he will have to figure out how to play alongside everyone else, learn their tendencies, etc.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2024, 07:45:28 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558
KAAAAAAAY PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IS A

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!

8) 8)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2024, 08:16:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yes a lot of times we as fans underestimate the human element of trades, we assume the players can just roll with it and it’s like water off a ducks back, but when you spend so much time with a group of guys and one of them gets shipped out and another one comes in there’s the chemistry that gets affected and has to be rebuilt, even if the player didn’t play a minor role to us, they may have been a popular member of the team. Eventually they should get over it but I’m sure it’s always a disruption.

And when X comes in he will have to figure out how to play alongside everyone else, learn their tendencies, etc.
I'm convinced that this is why Luke Kornet is still on the team. He is really well-liked by everyone and adds a sense of humor to the locker room.

« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2024, 09:14:51 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

I'm convinced that this is why Luke Kornet is still on the team. He is really well-liked by everyone and adds a sense of humor to the locker room.

He is also a better basketball player than just about everyone on this forum gave him credit for prior to (early in) the season.

« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2024, 10:01:01 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Having a big man that can just put up an efficient 31 is not a weapon we've had in a very long time, not since Garnett. And it's so nice to have. No disrespect to Timelord but it's not like he was someone that could put up 15-20+ regularly. Horford can do a lot of different things but scoring is not high on that list. Now it's not just the Jays, teams have to worry about Porzingis shooting over guys, hitting 3s and scoring 20+ regularly. Hawks had no answers for him last night.

Yes the Jays need to step up come playoff time but I think Porzingis and White are probably our two most vital players for the postseason run. Their skillsets and abilities complement the Jays beautifully as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2024, 10:07:12 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
KAAAAAAAY PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IS A

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!

8) 8)

Yeah.  It's the best single trade by any team this year, in my mind.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes