Author Topic: Grizzlies (18-30) at Celtics (37-12) Game #50 2/4/24  (Read 8503 times)

Re: Grizzlies (18-30) at Celtics (37-12) Game #50 2/4/24
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2024, 08:35:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
For a few days, no panic and doom!  :P

LOL. There will still be plenty of that...

« Reply #196 on: February 04, 2024, 08:36:45 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I'd like to hang onto Queta.  I don't know what his work ethic is like, but his combination of size and fluid athleticism is uncommon.  The guy is only scratching the surface if the drive matches the tools.

Queta to me is hopefully like a Hauser. Getting his feet wet the first year and obviously has flaws, but can hopefully grow with experience and some full offseasons. Hauser has turned into a very solid role player this season.

Just a question, how long is Q’s 2 way deal? Is it just for a year? I’m pretty sure some teams are gonna knock on his door and offer him a regular contract in the off season. It feels like Brad has to lock him in now.

I believe it’s just a year but he will be a restricted free agent in the summer.  That said, I expect him to be signed to a deal through next year once the trade deadline has passed.

« Reply #197 on: February 04, 2024, 09:00:14 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
good win, took care of business, got to see a Marcus sighting...good day
TPs for everyone

« Reply #198 on: February 04, 2024, 09:15:42 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I'd like to hang onto Queta.  I don't know what his work ethic is like, but his combination of size and fluid athleticism is uncommon.  The guy is only scratching the surface if the drive matches the tools.

Queta to me is hopefully like a Hauser. Getting his feet wet the first year and obviously has flaws, but can hopefully grow with experience and some full offseasons. Hauser has turned into a very solid role player this season.

Just a question, how long is Q’s 2 way deal? Is it just for a year? I’m pretty sure some teams are gonna knock on his door and offer him a regular contract in the off season. It feels like Brad has to lock him in now.

I believe it’s just a year but he will be a restricted free agent in the summer.  That said, I expect him to be signed to a deal through next year once the trade deadline has passed.

Thanks and TP sir.

« Reply #199 on: February 04, 2024, 10:07:28 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733

Would love to see Queta develop. He fills a real need for this team - a physical rebounder in the post.
I know the assistants do work with players one-on-one. I'm hoping they are putting a real emphasis on developing Queta.
I wonder how much Hauser's improvement is due to extra work with our coaches and how much is just regular minutes.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2024, 02:05:10 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Now it'll feel like an eternity before the next Celtics game  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2024, 02:08:09 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Would love to see Queta develop. He fills a real need for this team - a physical rebounder in the post.
I know the assistants do work with players one-on-one. I'm hoping they are putting a real emphasis on developing Queta.
I wonder how much Hauser's improvement is due to extra work with our coaches and how much is just regular minutes.

It's probably both...the more minutes you play the better you get at knowing your teammates' tendencies, where to come off high screens depending on who is screening you, who is popping to the corners if the defense switches on you on the screen, just those things that can only be learned by playing with people. And obviously getting minutes means the coaches have confidence in you that if you miss a few shots, but you executed the plays properly and it was just that the shot didn't go in, that you're not going to be benched for missing.

I see the same improvement in Luke now that he's (kind of) part of the rotation. As Queta has won more playing time, I see that confidence in him, the confidence that if he makes a mistake he won't get pulled immediately.

Like @Celtics 2021 I'm expecting Queta to be converted to a full time contract eventually...they would be crazy not to do it given what he can bring to a playoff game where every rebound, every box-out matters.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2024, 07:22:29 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
for all the doom and gloom and sky is falling after the lakers game. we blow out the grizzlies and Milwaukee loses to the jazz.

and we are back 5 games ahead in the east....all is well

« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2024, 07:29:15 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
So many complaints about our shot selection with, as always, too many 3-attempts.
I would wager that I hate our 3-point shot selection more than anyone on this board.

But no many how many missed step back quick 3's or how many games we lose due to awful shot selection or how many 40+ three-point game attempts or how many 25% made 3-point games we have, stupid Joe just encourages more bad shots. It's almost like he is an immature, stubborn little kid who is going to have his way, no matter what. Good Lord, we shot 51 three's tonite.

Yeah, I know we won big and I'm happy for that.
But 51 3's after the embarrassing Laker loss, it's fools gold.
I actually disagree with that criticism for this particular game. They were not "bad shots". Griz were way short-handed and made many mistakes covering the 3-pt line, leaving guys wide open. A 3 is worth 50% more points than a 2. Take as many as you can in this particular game. They won by 40 so I think it's hard to fault Joe.

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2024, 07:08:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Big Q doin’ work!

He’s making a real good case to get a regular contract.

A four year contract on low money!

Yes