Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 60597 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2023, 11:44:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25612
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Silo on Apple TV was good.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they branch out in season 2.

So far, I'm liking the Crowded Room a lot.  I went in knowing some key plot points related to the "true story", which sort of spoiled the surprise for me.  I'd be curious how less-spoiled watchers react when the mystery is revealed.

The first five episodes of the Witcher have been entertaining.  I wish the Cavill era wasn't ending, because he's awesome in the role.

I also recently finished From on MGM (formerly Epix).  Season 2 was solid, but I get the sense that the writers are just making things up as they go along.  I think like with Lost, there are going to be a lot of theories, and when the series ends none of them will tie together in the way they should.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #361 on: July 06, 2023, 12:12:52 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 956
The Expanse...wow, what an amazing sci fi show. I am sad it is over and didn't realize while watching episode 6 of season 6 that was it....Best graphics I have ever seen in sci fi space drama as well.

« Reply #362 on: July 06, 2023, 12:21:15 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
The Expanse...wow, what an amazing sci fi show. I am sad it is over and didn't realize while watching episode 6 of season 6 that was it....Best graphics I have ever seen in sci fi space drama as well.
Yeah it is so well done. Apparently there are a few books left that just won't be expanded on either.
#JKJB

« Reply #363 on: July 06, 2023, 12:22:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
New season of "Black Mirror". 

I thought it was pretty up & down.  Really enjoyed the "Loch Henry", "Demon '79", & "Beyond the Sea" episodes.  Didn't like "Mazey Day" and "Joan Is Awful" was kinda blah.

I'd pretty much concur with this.  I didn't hate Mazey Day, but it didn't hold up.

Beyond the Sea was produced, shot, written and acted very well.  But, as much as I can appreciate it, I don't "enjoy" stuff like that.  Kids, man.

Yeah, that episode was dark as heck.   

Nice to see Josh Hartnett getting work again.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #364 on: July 06, 2023, 12:23:18 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Just finished the new season of The Bear on Hulu. Probably one of my favorite shows out right now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #365 on: July 06, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1467
The Righteous Gemstones 💎

If you enjoyed Eastbound and Down and/or Vice Principals, check it out.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #366 on: July 06, 2023, 12:56:53 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Started watching Based on True Story and I can’t find myself continuing to watch it. It seems like such a ripoff of Murderers in the Building it completely turned me off.

Been watching Mystic Quest and that show has started off pretty funny. The end of season lost a bit of rhythm with the pandemic and I don’t think they’ve found it yet in the beginning of season 2 though. Will continue watching it though.

Secret Invasion is interesting but slow. Nick Fury being the main character takes away from some of the mystery behind him and I don’t like that. The show seems to be well thought out and out together within the context of Marvel universe.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #367 on: July 06, 2023, 12:59:47 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1841
If you like K-Drama, I just finished watching Crash Landing on You.  It's a few years old about a rich South Korean heiress getting into a paragliding accident, and crash landing in North Korea. Big difference between N. and S. Korea living.  I enjoyed the show.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #368 on: July 06, 2023, 01:04:49 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1246
I just finished “Barry” on HBO. I liked it specially because the episodes were just 30 mins long.

« Reply #369 on: July 06, 2023, 01:40:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
If you like K-Drama, I just finished watching Crash Landing on You.  It's a few years old about a rich South Korean heiress getting into a paragliding accident, and crash landing in North Korea. Big difference between N. and S. Korea living.  I enjoyed the show.

That sounds interesting. I enjoyed the Extraordinary Attorney Woo and Divorce Attorney Shin.

« Reply #370 on: July 06, 2023, 01:53:42 PM »

Offline Silas

• Ed Macauley

That sounds interesting. I enjoyed the Extraordinary Attorney Woo and Divorce Attorney Shin.

I really enjoyed Extraordinary Attorney Woo.  Didn't like Divorce Attorney Shin as much, but still enjoyed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:14:18 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #371 on: July 10, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4595
Over the last couple of weeks watched both of the American Gladiators documentaries that recently came out (Muscles & Mayhem on Netflix and the 30 for 30 on ESPN).

I thought the Netflix one was better (focused more on the Gladiators) than the ESPN one (which focused more on the creators), but both were an interesting nostalgia trip, and combined give a more thorough overview of the story without too many redundancies.

In a way, found the Gladiators' story very similar to the And1 Mixtape players' story (which also had 2 documentaries released around the same time last year from both Netflix and ESPN).  Both were a huge success, but with no money going to the performers, and the performers feeling short changed because of it. 

In both cases though, I tend to side more with the company than the performers, as I think the success of both was more because of the marketing/image/packaging/presentation rather than the actual performers.  As a kid, I didn't tune into American Gladiators to see Nitro or Laser, I tuned in to see regular people compete against good looking Goliaths in unique contests.  Same with And1, I watched that to see the flashy highlights, rather than any particular player.  The performers think they're the draw, like Hulk Hogan or Michael Jordan, the stars that drew people to their shows, but really it's more about the brand, like the Harlem Globetrotters or Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, where people go to watch regardless of who's performing. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 12:26:43 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2023, 11:57:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Hijack on Apple is thrilling. Highly recommend.

Enjoying The Bear on Hulu.  For the most part.

« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2023, 05:31:27 PM »

Offline Silas

• Ed Macauley
Silo on Apple TV was good.  I'm looking forward to seeing how they branch out in season 2.

So far, I'm liking the Crowded Room a lot.  I went in knowing some key plot points related to the "true story", which sort of spoiled the surprise for me.  I'd be curious how less-spoiled watchers react when the mystery is revealed.

The first five episodes of the Witcher have been entertaining.  I wish the Cavill era wasn't ending, because he's awesome in the role.

I also recently finished From on MGM (formerly Epix).  Season 2 was solid, but I get the sense that the writers are just making things up as they go along.  I think like with Lost, there are going to be a lot of theories, and when the series ends none of them will tie together in the way they should.

I can't wait for season 2.  Really enjoyed.

« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2023, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline Silas

• Ed Macauley

I can't wait for season 2.  Really enjoyed.

Edit...not sure why this double posted.  Double good show?