Author Topic: Highlights of Emmanuel Mudiay DESTROYING the Chinese baksetball league  (Read 3936 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It would be weird if a highlight real didn't show him destroying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJVSlIvoOnY

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
At least Starbury won rings in China.  Seriously, we're talking bout a league that built a statue to Marbury.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yes, you could certainly move up to 4 for that, and no, you shouldn't do it.  Will Bynum also destroyed the Chinese League this year.
Chris Herren once scored 100pts in a game over there too!

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
This years Dante Exum. Looks great against nobodies.

Great prospect.....wouldn't give up the farm for him.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Some points to remember:

-He was 18 years old in this footage. (Just turned 19).
-He was playing against grown men.
-This league is much more physical than the NCAA.

Anyway, I'm not sure how many of the top 10 prospects of this years class could go over there and perform like this...
Maybe Okafur, Towns or Russell?

I'm impressed.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The domination of the CBA means nothing to me.  Some guy named Errick McCollum averaged 39.6 (!!) points per game over there this year, along with 7.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists.  The next TMac?  Or just a scrub who scored five points in four summer league games with the Nuggets?

Mudiay averaged 18.0 points, 5.9 assists and 3.3 turnovers per game in China.  To me, that's not particularly impressive.

The skills seem to be there, but I think he's raw, and the China stuff means nothing to me.  He would have been better off playing in the NCAA.

Iirc, didn't Brandon Jennings put up not-so-stellar numbers in Italy as a 19 year old, only to score 55 points in a game during his rookie year?  He's become quite a good player - why couldn't this guy do the same?  Fwiw, though, I still don't like the whole idea of building around point guards.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The domination of the CBA means nothing to me.  Some guy named Errick McCollum averaged 39.6 (!!) points per game over there this year, along with 7.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists.  The next TMac?  Or just a scrub who scored five points in four summer league games with the Nuggets?

Mudiay averaged 18.0 points, 5.9 assists and 3.3 turnovers per game in China.  To me, that's not particularly impressive.

The skills seem to be there, but I think he's raw, and the China stuff means nothing to me.  He would have been better off playing in the NCAA.

Iirc, didn't Brandon Jennings put up not-so-stellar numbers in Italy as a 19 year old, only to score 55 points in a game during his rookie year?  He's become quite a good player - why couldn't this guy do the same?  Fwiw, though, I still don't like the whole idea of building around point guards.

He could be awesome in the NBA. A highlight reel against terrible competition, and a mediocre stat line compared to his no-name peers, doesn't move the needle for me at all though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes