Author Topic: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11  (Read 45427 times)

Re: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Question. What do you guys do with the game speed? Do you leave it as is or do you ramp it up?

« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Have you gone into practice and done the post sessions?

That's the easiest thing to do, you can practice one on one post moves in there for as long as you want and it has the commands listed as you play.

Same for the iso dribbling moves under "freestyle" practice.

In my association im pretty much doing this over and over

1. play next franchise game
2. go practice post moves
3. practice iso moves
4. play next game

It's working well, the post is a bear to master but i've gotten to the point where i know how to string together drop steps, spins, face ups, ect

Still not near mastering it though, seems like it's just going to be a matter of repetition.

Strangely the player im best with in the post at the moment is jermaine. He seems a bit quicker off the spin move than KG and since i normally get a bench player matched up on him i can use that/ a fade away to keep the guy off balance.

JO had 15 off the bench my last game  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Question. What do you guys do with the game speed? Do you leave it as is or do you ramp it up?

Left it as it is.

I feel like ramping it up would destroy the ability to run plays on allstar. The computer does a good job of not recovering like a ninja off screens/curls ect, i feel like if i turned the speed up it would go back to unrealistic super D.

Seems like a bad trade off just to speed the game up a bit. I think it plays pretty close to real life speed.

Hell, im running 12 minute quarters on all star and for the most part my scores come out like real life, don't want to speed up the game and end up with every game being a 130-120 shootout.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2010, 12:06:01 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

Left it as it is.

I feel like ramping it up would destroy the ability to run plays on allstar. The computer does a good job of not recovering like a ninja off screens/curls ect, i feel like if i turned the speed up it would go back to unrealistic super D.

Seems like a bad trade off just to speed the game up a bit. I think it plays pretty close to real life speed.

Hell, im running 12 minute quarters on all star and for the most part my scores come out like real life, don't want to speed up the game and end up with every game being a 130-120 shootout.

Just got the game haven't had real time to play it yet. I pushed the speed up to 65 before I read this. I think that's a solid speed I'm usually the guy that tries to convince my friends to leave the game speed as is (they had it on 73 in 2k10), but i have to admit/say 50 feels a bit slow. I think 65 is just the right speed I might move back down to 50 if I feel the speed affects the play calling, but for now it's good.

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I haven't owned a basketball game in a while and I am having problem in the post. When I get the ball with Shaq in the post he doesn't attempt to dunk it but to finish with finesse and he misses often. How do I dunk off my vert/ dunk through someone in the post? How do I do post moves that end in a dunk? Very often I have the angle but end up trying a difficult layup instead of simply going up and throwing it down.

Use the "L" or "R" trigger to do a spin move to the baseline. If you're staring at the basket and Shaq is on the right side, you'd hit the "L" trigger.

Once you start the spin, right trigger and flick the shot stick to the basket (letting go of the left trigger before hitting and holding the right)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2010, 12:55:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I haven't owned a basketball game in a while and I am having problem in the post. When I get the ball with Shaq in the post he doesn't attempt to dunk it but to finish with finesse and he misses often. How do I dunk off my vert/ dunk through someone in the post? How do I do post moves that end in a dunk? Very often I have the angle but end up trying a difficult layup instead of simply going up and throwing it down.

Use the "L" or "R" trigger to do a spin move to the baseline. If you're staring at the basket and Shaq is on the right side, you'd hit the "L" trigger.

Once you start the spin, right trigger and flick the shot stick to the basket (letting go of the left trigger before hitting and holding the right)
I have a ps3 do I just replace L and R trigger with L2 and R2?

I use the square button to shoot instead of flicking the shot stick do you think this makes a difference?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I have a ps3 do I just replace L and R trigger with L2 and R2?

I use the square button to shoot instead of flicking the shot stick do you think this makes a difference?

Yes.

I dunno about the PS3 conversion.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Oh absolutely on the button effecting it. You really have to learn shot stick for anything but wide open set jumpers.

I mean in the post alone different directions/ button combos control entirely different types of shots.

It takes a bit of practice. But to really run an offense, post or otherwise you have to master he shot stick

He'll it controls pierce on offense. With the button all you can do is shoot jumpers with him. With the shot stick you can smoothly work I. Step backs, leaners, spin jumpers, up and unders ect.

I recommend the post and freestyle practice sessions. Put in some time there learning the controls, it's well worth it

« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
went to my cousin's and i was finally able to play it. Got shredded by the computer. Man, it's a tough game! but pretty realistic too. Does anyone know how to post up or back down a player while having the ball?

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2010, 02:20:10 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
went to my cousin's and i was finally able to play it. Got shredded by the computer. Man, it's a tough game! but pretty realistic too. Does anyone know how to post up or back down a player while having the ball?

- LilRip

LT + RT at the same time I believe

as far as rolling to the basket and all that im not sure i still need to dive into the post moves myself. i barely got down all the moves in practice/freestyle the euro step, hop step, drifters, signature dunks and moves etc

this game is freaking awesome i can just play it and play it over and over LOL

funny because i never play video games for like more than a hour or so - but last night started playing at about 11 and before i knew it and finally went to bed it was 2am  :o ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Is there any halftime this time around?

« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2010, 08:38:10 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Is there any halftime this time around?

Yes
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
Some news on NBA Elite 11...it appears the game has been canceled.

http://kotaku.com/5679899/nba-elite-11-is-officially-dead

« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:38 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Some news on NBA Elite 11...it appears the game has been canceled.

http://kotaku.com/5679899/nba-elite-11-is-officially-dead

I saw that earlier. I'm sure EA looked at the 2K11 reviews and are just cancelling the game because of the deficit and just retooling for next year. That might be a good thing.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Thats a huge money sink for EA, but probably for the best.

Still, that game went gold. Add in the development costs, printing costs, and refunds of pre orders, and marketing for a game canceled 5 days before releases and thats a big loss. Not that EA can't absord it and probably made the right call for the future of there NBA product, but still.