Poll

Would u like the Celtics to get Dwight Howard??

Yes
35 (53%)
No
31 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: So Dwight Howard?? (Merged)  (Read 12032 times)

Re: Poll: Do u want Dwight Howard?
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 05:56:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Depends. If he can swing back into the 2009-2011 Dwight, then he's worth the headache.

But he plays like he's recovering from back surgery, and I haven't seen any signs that he'll regain his ridiculous athleticism.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 06:05:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Even without the elite explosive athleticism, Dwight Howard has been a very effective player. Not the MVP candidate he was but definitely a sure-fire All-Star.

Dwight Howard is pretty much the equivalent of Nikola Pekovic offensively right now + elite rebounding (knew he was top 3-5, surprised he is league leader) + a well above average defensive player (albeit not the DPOY he once was).

I am not quite sure how highly to rank that type of contribution but it's gotta be pretty high. Definitely top 20 player in the league. Top 15, yeah probably. Top 10? Hmmm, maybe. Top five? Nah. 

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 06:08:09 PM »

Offline galvinx10

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
What of the Lakers asking price was Paul Pierce and Avery Bradley for Dwight? Would you do it then? We would have a starting 5 of Rondo, C. Lee, Jeff Green, KG, and Dwight. I'm not sure I'd do it, but I would definitely think about it (Despite how much I would hate to see Pierce in a Lakers jersey)

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Only if I knew he'd sign here long term. He'd never be my favorite player, especially if he did stuff like this:

After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts... a few minutes before the demoted Gasol spoke gracefully across the room about "not pointing fingers, owning up to our responsibilities...."

He had a reputation in Orlando for always blaming others, and his comments after this game about his shot total showed he's still operating from the same manual."

but he's still a top 5 talent in the NBA when healthy. I don't see any way it could happen though.

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40

Everyone is clamoring and screaming that we need a big man...... Yet people say they dont want the best big man in the league..........I dont understand this forum sometimes.....

Bingo. That’s I told many times from summer till today. There are some strange folks is this forum snobbing always DH12. Believe it or not they do not like the best defensive centre of NBA for last 5 years. My goodness

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:35 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Still think a 3rd team would have to be involve for a major trade
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I would want him but I don't see how the Celtics would ever get him.

Rondo + Bass + Collins?

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
the voting is very tight..little surprise that theres alot of NO
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I say no. Ask me 6 months ago, and I'd have a different answer.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I would want him but I don't see how the Celtics would ever get him.

What about this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6212909

Celtics in: Howard
Celtics out: Pierce, Sully, Bradley, Melo

Lakers in: Pierce, Lopez, Bradley
Lakers out: Howard

Hornets in: Sully, Melo
Hornets out: Lopez

Not enough.  In regards to movable parts, its gonna start with Rondo and go from there.

Really? Over the summer the Magic traded him for Afflalo, Harrington, Vukevic and protected first round picks.

Who's going to offer the moon for him now, to get a possible half-year rental of a player who has yet to regain his dominance after a serious injury, and who has been nothing but a malcontent for the last 2-3 years?

The Lakers get three starter-quality players in this deal, one of whom is a borderline All-Star with a couple of years left and another who is already one of the top 3 perimeter defenders in the league (and can guard Westbrook in the playoffs). The other is a reliable big guy who has played with Nash and allows Pau to slot into the starting lineup at PF.

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2013, 09:04:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think the voting will be close..alot of ppl dont want his "only me" and his crybaby attitude. But he is a top 15 player and hard to pass on

Top 4.

If he got fully healthy, top 2.  Best big man in the league.

But what about all the reasons I have to dislike him that are based entirely on speculation on him as a lockerroom influence, despite my having no actual interaction with him, his former teammates, or his coaches, and having to base everything on what the media says about him? Isn't that as important as 'numbers' or 'evidence'?

Actually, yes....yes it is.  I get to decide what is important, didn't anyone tell you?

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Dwight Howard..great at dunking and great at blocking the ball to the other team every single time

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:33 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Meanwhile...

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Dwight Howard re-aggravated his right shoulder injury and will not return tonight. He'll be re-evaluated in Los Angeles tomorrow.

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2013, 10:07:41 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
he seems injury prone now....

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm flabbergasted that 25 people on this forum, actually in the entire world, don't want Howard on their team. Dude is an absolutely monster even coming off of back surgery. I know he has character flaws but come on, he's the most dominant center since Shaq...period. Every single GM in the NBA wants Howard on their team. Every one.

I vote yes and I'd trade every person on our team to get him including Rondo, who I adore. Howard is a franchise changer and just because the bumbling fools in L.A. can't make it work with him doesn't mean he's bad. Yeah this season he's been injured a few times. Not sure 6 months of lingering injuries coming off back surgery is enough to label him injury prone given his iron man like record prior to it. 22 games missed in 8.5 seasons is REALLY good. Also he plays big minutes every night and gets fouled as hard or harder than anyone in the league. Oh and he's played playoff games almost every season too. Guy has been a tank.

Howard being a Celtic would put us in the conversation every year. It would bring a PG to us in free agency and as soon as he put on the Green you'd love him. I agree Howard has been a goof but the numbers don't lie, he's dominant.