Author Topic: Celtics Bucks Schedule?  (Read 6211 times)

Re: Celtics Bucks Schedule?
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 04:40:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1121117612220592128

Forsberg is reporting that Game 1 will be Sunday at 1 pm.

Oh god. Sunday is already going to be filled with heartbreak due to Game of Thrones. Hopefully the C's don't lose Game 1 that day either  :P

It's a road game. A playoff series don't start until you win on the road. Boston better start their series in Game 1 or it's gonna be long.

The first goal has to be stealing a game on the road and going to Game 3 tied 1-1. Whether we win Game 1 or Game 2, it doesn't matter, but yeah we absolutely need to win one of the two.

I do think Game 1 is our best shot as both teams I imagine could be rusty from almost a week off.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 05:21:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I hate Sunday at 1:00.  Mrs. Neurotic Guy (not into sports at all) is very understanding during football season but is not used to the idea of Celtics taking away a Sunday.  If the weather is nice, I’ll miss the game.

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Are you guys doing TP wagers before the MIL series like last year?  :)

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 05:44:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
play sunday then probably game 2 be on friday😀😀😀..but seriously probably be wed..remember good old days where teams didnt get many off days in a playoff week.
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 06:19:49 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Nah I still have PTSD from the last time we did it  :P

(Stares at missing 150+ TPs on profile...)

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/1121176424554143744

Lol wow, they really spread it out.

So basically, we have two days off between Games 2-3, Games 3-4, then again Games 6-7. This is in addition to the week off we already have between first and second round. But in a way I guess that sort of helps if we hope for Smart back later this series.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 07:23:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I hate Sunday at 1:00.  Mrs. Neurotic Guy (not into sports at all) is very understanding during football season but is not used to the idea of Celtics taking away a Sunday.  If the weather is nice, I’ll miss the game.

Yeah, I hate the Sunday 1pm starts. Stupid NBA. Would've preferred they played either Saturday or Sunday evening.

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Hate Sunday at 1pm too for the same reason  :-\ Also I feel like some players might not play as well at 1pm as in the evening (I have nothing to base this on but a gut feel though).
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
http://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1121117612220592128

Forsberg is reporting that Game 1 will be Sunday at 1 pm.

Oh god. Sunday is already going to be filled with heartbreak due to Game of Thrones. Hopefully the C's don't lose Game 1 that day either  :P

It's a road game. A playoff series don't start until you win on the road. Boston better start their series in Game 1 or it's gonna be long.

The first goal has to be stealing a game on the road and going to Game 3 tied 1-1. Whether we win Game 1 or Game 2, it doesn't matter, but yeah we absolutely need to win one of the two.

I do think Game 1 is our best shot as both teams I imagine could be rusty from almost a week off.

First-round games have shown that winning Game 1 on the road doesn't matter because they all got eliminated/facing elimination.

But it just depends on the mentality and pressure. Stealing Game 1 is important. Game 2 is whatever but stealing that would be great.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Count me in the camp that doesn't like the Sunday 1pm EST start.  Live on the west coast currently, and 10am is just an unnatural time to watch a playoff game, plus that's when I go to church  :angel:  If I still lived on the east coast though 1pm would be a perfect start time for me.

Also I eat pretty healthy 99% of the time, but will indulge my gluttonous side during C's playoff games.  Get some pizza or greasy burgers or something and wash it down with a milkshake  ;)  10am is just too early to eat something like that.  Similar problem during the week if the games start at 4pm for me. Though sometimes the wife is willing to go out and pick me up some food for me, so I get it for 2nd half/4Q, but other times she's telling me to just pay the 300% premium for Uber Eats, ya no thanks.

Don't like the 1pm EST Sunday start, but also don't like the fact there's no other weekend games for the rest of the series.  I thought those were the prime spots (Thursday too)? And I get the feeling most NBA fans are excited for this series, figured the powers that be would want at least some of these games in prime spots.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2019, 11:37:40 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

MAN UP!

i missed half of last sundays game due to it being easter sunday and with family. i am NOT missing this sunday! NO WAY NO HOW!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2019, 11:47:45 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Count me in the camp that doesn't like the Sunday 1pm EST start.  Live on the west coast currently, and 10am is just an unnatural time to watch a playoff game, plus that's when I go to church  :angel:

I am on the completely opposite side... Geographically too 😁 the game starts at 20.00 local Perfect time for an nba playoff game.

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Nah I still have PTSD from the last time we did it  :P

(Stares at missing 150+ TPs on profile...)

Lol.....I, and several others have lost thousands of TPs. In 2010 I think about 75% of the TPs on this board disappeared.

God that was a depressing summer.😔☹️