Ray for Hinrich, Salmons, Ty Thomas
Ray for Dunleavy and Murphy
Ray, Giddens, Walker for Curry, Jeffries, Douglas, Gallinari
Ray and Walker for Butler, Miller, Blatche
Ray and Baby for Jameson, Foye, Blatche
Ray and Baby for Maggette, Turiaf, Randolph, Bell
Ray and 1st for Martin and Nocioni
Ray and Scal for Kirilenko, Brewer, Korver
Ewww, none of the above, thanks (the early favorite)
Other (list below)

Author Topic: Ray Allen Trade Ideas  (Read 8147 times)

Re: Ray Allen Trade Ideas
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
(1) Ray for Prince and Rip
(2) Ray for Hinrich, Salmons and Tyrus
(3) Ray for Dunleavy and Murphy
(4) Ray and change for Curry, Jeffries, Gallo
(5) Ray and BBD for Jamison, Foye, Blatche
(6) Ray for AK-47 and parts

I think each of those six trade proposals is realistic and has a good chance of happening if Danny Ainge wished to pursue them.

As for my interest in them, I'd rule out the following and go from there

I'm uncertain about the remaining three. There is some interest but also an awful lot of money on the table. I'm not sure whether I'd be willing to make those deals or not, it's borderline.

You'd take Curry and Jeffries for Gallo?  Wouldn't that destroy our championship hopes this year?
I don't think so but I seem to rate Gallinari higher than most both in terms of current ability + potential.

I think he can replace most of Ray's offensive production, while supplying superior rebounding, but lacking in defense. Although, if Ray continues to play D like he has over the last six weeks then this is a much smaller issue than it once was.

I agree that he could approximate Ray's offensive production right now, but I don't think the C's could get away with Pierce and Gallo at the 2/3.  Quicker guards would really hurt us.
Who? In the playoffs I mean? Who can punish that flaw?

Paul Pierce is already the team's best defender against Kobe Bryant, Joe Johnson and Vince Carter. Marquis Daniels is also good defender against those players. Dwyane Wade is the only player that I think is a major problem matchup wise.

The Celtics would be able to hide Gallinari on the lesser offensive threat on the wing by using Pierce and Daniels on the main threat. It's a loss defensively, Ray to Gallo, for the Celtics but a manageable one.

It puts a small dent in the Celtics title chances but I think it still allows them to put forth a strong challenge on the title. And Gallinari gives them a very impressive talent to build around in the medium-to-long term.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

I think each of those six trade proposals is realistic and has a good chance of happening if Danny Ainge wished to pursue them.

As for my interest in them, I'd rule out the following and go from there

I'm uncertain about the remaining three. There is some interest but also an awful lot of money on the table. I'm not sure whether I'd be willing to make those deals or not, it's borderline.

You'd take Curry and Jeffries for Gallo?  Wouldn't that destroy our championship hopes this year?
I don't think so but I seem to rate Gallinari higher than most both in terms of current ability + potential.

I think he can replace most of Ray's offensive production, while supplying superior rebounding, but lacking in defense. Although, if Ray continues to play D like he has over the last six weeks then this is a much smaller issue than it once was.

I agree that he could approximate Ray's offensive production right now, but I don't think the C's could get away with Pierce and Gallo at the 2/3.  Quicker guards would really hurt us.
Who? In the playoffs I mean? Who can punish that flaw?

Paul Pierce is already the team's best defender against Kobe Bryant, Joe Johnson and Vince Carter. Marquis Daniels is also good defender against those players. Dwyane Wade is the only player that I think is a major problem matchup wise.

The Celtics would be able to hide Gallinari on the lesser offensive threat on the wing by using Pierce and Daniels on the main threat. It's a loss defensively, Ray to Gallo, for the Celtics but a manageable one.

It puts a small dent in the Celtics title chances but I think it still allows them to put forth a strong challenge on the title. And Gallinari gives them a very impressive talent to build around in the medium-to-long term.

I just don't think we'd get anywhere near the offensive production out of Pierce we'd need if he spent most of the game on the best opposing wing (one of the reasons why Cleveland is such a difficult match-up for us).  Doc has always kept Pierce as his defensive closer.  Ray at least can tread water against Kobe and Joe Johnson, keeping them out of the paint and weakly contesting their jumpers.  I'd fear that Gallo would be hard-pressed to avoid fouling out if he was guarding them for any extended period of time.

He is definitely a fascinating talent, just a poor fit in the short-term.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
By the way, there's no reason to trade Ray to get Maggette. You could send expiring deals for him, and likely get Morrow, Watson or Randolph in the process.

That may have been true last year, but you really need to check out Maggette's numbers this year.   He's leading the league in true shooting % (a measure accounting for 3s and FTs) right now, just a hair above Perkins, while scoring 20 a game. 

If Golden St. moves him, I'm pretty sure they'll demand that the other team takes Radmanovic off their hands as well and that requires a Ray Allen sized expiring.

Are you kidding? Golden State has been shopping him all year. Had they not destroyed his value, maybe his numbers would shine through. Since they have -- and his contract is too long in the first place -- he's worth expiring contracts only.

I think he'd be a great addition as a third wing scorer / insurance policy for Pierce & Allen off the bench. He's always performed well in a 6th man capacity. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Boston trades:  Ray Allen

Boston receives: savvy, classy veteran, clutch shooter who is one of the most efficient SGs in the league, who has indicated a desire to re-sign in Boston for a reasonable contract

Anybody out there who fits the bill?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 09:52:15 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Boston receives: savvy, classy veteran, clutch shooter who is one of the most efficient SGs in the league, who has indicated a desire to re-sign in Boston for a reasonable contract

DUDE I HAVE AN ANSWER BUT UR GONNA HAV TO BEAR WIF ME O.K.??

Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

fully agree. considering we're going to have to take nasty salary next year to get back talent for ray, i just don't see it. if we need to make a splash why not trade our many millions in expirings for one of the same players were talking about?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 10:42:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like the butler, miller and blatche option.  2 solid wings for the price of one and a good young front court player.  if wizards agree to that, can't pass that up.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Who is... Dahntay Jones?

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 11:25:48 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Geez, ANOTHER Brandon Rush koolaid drinker!

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
A Corey Maggette + Anthony Morrow trade package sounds very interesting to me.

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I like the GS, Sac and Chicago idea's best.
all three keep us in the mix this year and help us retool for the future.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I just read this article, it might be posted somewhere else, but it is pretty good.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/01/allowing-ray-allen-to-enter-free-agency-could-pay-off-for-celtics.html
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 04:20:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
If there was the almost imposible chance that both stays healthy for a season

The murphy dunleavy deal for ray is hell of tempting.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:35 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
A Corey Maggette + Anthony Morrow trade package sounds very interesting to me.

No need to trade Ray to get them.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

Best sassy post I've read today.  TP.   ;D