Poll

Which trade would be the most likely to happen in a salary dump type of deal at the deadline

Kirk Hinrich for Brian Scalabrine,  Eddie House and Tony Allen
8 (28.6%)
Andres Nocioni for Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen and JR Giddens
8 (28.6%)
Andray Blatche for Brian Scalabrine and Shelden Williams
4 (14.3%)
Tayshaun Prince and Richard Hamilton for Ray Allen
1 (3.6%)
TJ Ford and Brandon Rush for Eddie House, Brian Scalabrine, and Tony Allen
3 (10.7%)
John Salmons for Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine and a pick
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Most likely salary dump trade  (Read 4481 times)

Most likely salary dump trade
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
Obviously the Celtics if they make a trade will be doing everything they can to keep their core and trade expiring contracts for a player in a team that wants to do a salary dump

So what is the most likely salary dump trades that are out there that the Celtics would make

Know that this is presupposing the Celtics are going to be willing to take on salary for next year maybe as much as $10 million so before poo-pooing the preceding ideas based on that realize I am already saying that the Celtics front office isn't going to have a problem taking on the contract

Know also I tried to do an expiring contracts trade with New Orleans but nothing there seemed anything close to what would actually help the Celtics

If you have one that you think should be added to the poll post it here and I can add it to the poll
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

Re: Most likely salary dump trade
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Of the options provided, I think only the Hinrich or Nocioni deals are in the realm of possibility.  The other 3 have us getting back a player or players that are worth more than we're giving up so I don't see them happening even for a salary dump.

For the Hinrich and Nocioni deals, the Hinrich one makes more sense in terms of the person coming in replaces the role of the players going out.

I'd be thrilled if Danny could pull off the Blatche or the Rush deal but I'm not that optimistic.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I feel like with how well TA is playing now, it would hurt more than help to get rid of him as well as Eddie for only one good bench player.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
How about John Salmons for Tony Allen, Scal, and a pick?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd do the Blatche deal everyday and twice on Sunday. The others not so much.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

It sounds like he's available -- they're looking to clear cap space. But would he accept back-up minutes here?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

HAHA.....yeah I would do the Blatche trade in a heart beat.

We see what KG  and Coa. Cliff Ray has done with/for Perk.

Imagine what could happen if they get to groom Andray Blatche for a few years!!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »

Offline Celts17Pride

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

This is the one I hope happens. House, Daniels, Salmons, BBD and Wallace looks pretty good to me for a 2nd unit. I don't think TA and Daniels playing together is a great mix because neither can shoot. Salmons would bring outside shooting to the 2nd unit.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I would do the Hinrich deal without giving up Eddie.

Hinrich's contract is terrible but he really has skills that would be valuable for our team mentality and needs, especially his tough and good defense on the perimeter... So I would be glad if Danny pulled the trigger, which would give us a bench of House/Hinrich/Daniels/Baby/Sheed. Pretty good!

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 04:14:26 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
My problem in creating a Hinrich deal was in giving as little amount of players as possible that would still have value and not overwhelm the Bulls with players they would need to cut or buy out immediately in order to complete the trade

Adding Eddie was a necessary evil and really he is not needed if Hinrich is abroad as Hinrich's best position offensively is the point guard position
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I'd be looking for something that adds something we don't have or upgrades something we do have (how's that for statign the obvious).  So... I think Hinrich does add a back-up with a solid handle who can do a bit of everything and has verstilility at 1 or 2.  I like that he can bring some level of defense at the backup 1. 

I'd really love to get someone who could at least annoy a Kobe or a Lebron. Someone who could just get under their skin for even 1 game in the playoffs.  Someone to allow Paul or Ray a breather as they exhaust themselves trying to cover a quicker Kobe (Paul) or a stronger Kobe (Ray).

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »

Offline nesnfsn

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I liked Brandon Rush when I saw him in the NCAA tournament. Also, in games against Cs, he has looked like a talent with REAL potential and has caused PP trouble on defense. He would most definitely provide breathers at the 2 and/or 3 for Ray and/or Paul. If we could get him for any of the proposed combinations, I would be ecstatic.

If we could get him and TJ Ford (as a rental for this season as a backup to RR, and either not resign him if he is a FA, or trade him if still under contract), that would be a significant bonus to trading for Brandon Rush.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I liked Brandon Rush when I saw him in the NCAA tournament. Also, in games against Cs, he has looked like a talent with REAL potential and has caused PP trouble on defense. He would most definitely provide breathers at the 2 and/or 3 for Ray and/or Paul. If we could get him for any of the proposed combinations, I would be ecstatic.

If we could get him and TJ Ford (as a rental for this season as a backup to RR, and either not resign him if he is a FA, or trade him if still under contract), that would be a significant bonus to trading for Brandon Rush.

Ford has a player option for around 8.5 million next year, which is way, way too much for him, a backup PG, making it a bad contract. 

Obie has been expressing some frustration with Rush's inconsistency lately, making me wonder whether he is their version of Tony Allen.  In that case, forget it.  I haven't seen him enough myself to know, but reports are that they are/were pretty high on him.  That may be changing.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 05:00:33 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Imagine what could happen if they get to groom Andray Blatche for a few years!!!!!!!!

Just say no.  He is very immature.  That's why he got sent home.  He had a hissyfit. 

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

Just say no.  He is very immature.  That's why he got sent home.  He had a hissyfit. 

We have Big Baby on our team, I think we know how to handle situations with immature people.

However, I think a change of scenery would really help Blatche.