Author Topic: Charlotte trade idea  (Read 2654 times)

Charlotte trade idea
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Many of us have grown tired of Eddie's season long slump in his one area of expertise, as well as wishing we had some young legs and a pure point backup.

We all know that Larry Brown loves his Hustle Veterans and is frequently irrationally down on his own players, especially young ones.

I've heard some grumblings that Augustin could be moved. His salary almost matches Eddie's perfectly; would Brown go for an Eddie for Augustin swap? Gotta say, I'd do a small deal like that.

Re: Charlotte trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Many of us have grown tired of Eddie's season long slump in his one area of expertise, as well as wishing we had some young legs and a pure point backup.

We all know that Larry Brown loves his Hustle Veterans and is frequently irrationally down on his own players, especially young ones.

I've heard some grumblings that Augustin could be moved. His salary almost matches Eddie's perfectly; would Brown go for an Eddie for Augustin swap? Gotta say, I'd do a small deal like that.

Well, we would have to throw in at least a first rounder, and that probably wouldn't even get it done...but if it did, I would do it in a heartbeat.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Anything to end the Eddie House experiment, as far as I'm concerned.

But I think, if they're playoff bound this year, they might trade him for Eddie.  I'd definitely throw in our not-needed 1st rounder this year to do it, but I'd try to trade our 1st for their 2nd rounder so we can still develop assets for the future.

They wouldn't do it if Augustin is what enables them to be in good negotiating position with Felton this summer, i.e. they could live without him.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 02:22:44 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Well, we would have to throw in at least a first rounder, and that probably wouldn't even get it done...but if it did, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Doubt it. Augustin isn't worth giving up a 1st round pick. Fan from VT, TP for the originality. Not the usual trade suspects.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:30:04 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I was going from this:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30406

Frank (Charlotte)

With the Bobcats playing so well, is there any kind of move they could make at the deadline that would put them in position to challenge the eastern conference elite?
John Hollinger
  (12:42 PM)

I think you're getting way ahead of yourself with that one. I do believe, however, they'd look at trading D.J. Augustin for a more productive backup point guard, and that they'd look hard at converting Acie Law's expiring deal and perhaps the rights to Alexix Ajinca into a serviceable reserve big man.

in which case, if people don't think Brown would do Eddie for Augustin, we could expand and do:

Eddie, Baby, Giddens

for

Augusin, Ajincas, Law

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:20 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I was going from this:

Frank (Charlotte)

With the Bobcats playing so well, is there any kind of move they could make at the deadline that would put them in position to challenge the eastern conference elite?
John Hollinger

I think you're getting way ahead of yourself with that one. I do believe, however, they'd look at trading D.J. Augustin for a more productive backup point guard, and that they'd look hard at converting Acie Law's expiring deal and perhaps the rights to Alexix Ajinca into a serviceable reserve big man.

in which case, if people don't think Brown would do Eddie for Augustin, we could expand and do:

Eddie, Baby, Giddens

for

Augusin, Ajincas, Law

Trading 2 of our top9, and getting back 1 solid rotation player plus 2 scrubs. Now you lost me.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I was going from this:

Frank (Charlotte)

John Hollinger

Eddie, Baby, Giddens

for

Augusin, Ajincas, Law

Essentially Eddie and Baby for Augustin. Too much.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I was going from this:

Frank (Charlotte)

John Hollinger

Eddie, Baby, Giddens

for

Augusin, Ajincas, Law

It says Charlotte is looking to trade for a more productive point guard. Is that House? ???

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I was going from this:

Frank (Charlotte)

John Hollinger

It says Charlotte is looking to trade for a more productive point guard. Is that House? ???
I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine Larry Brown giving up Augustin for House. A solid veteran backup PG, yes, but not a one-dimensional backup who plays soft defense.

As for Augustin -- Poor rebounder, poor defender + Brown wants to trade him because he does a poor job of running the Bobcats offense when he's in the game + good shooter/scorer who's struggled with his shot this season -- Augustin is a decent prospect but he isn't much of a player in the present tense.

Augustin is more someone who you acquire for next season and the year after. I don't think he's much of an upgrade this year over House.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
House is not a Brown type of player or PG.

Sure, he is a vet, but Brown looks for defense and controlling an offense over outside shooting.