Author Topic: Can we still trade for Steven Adams?  (Read 1243 times)

Can we still trade for Steven Adams?
« on: July 05, 2019, 03:40:26 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
If he’s still available at the deadline, can we offer Kanter, Theis, Yabu and a pick to take Adams? Assuming we are doing well next season, I don’t think any of our bigs can get it done in the playoff. Thunder get some short and small contracts they can either trade away or let expire. Kanter also had some success with Thunder in the past.

What do you think?

Re: Can we still trade for Steven Adams?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 04:16:49 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I just can't see a realistic situation where OKC can blow it up, and get anything near value for Westbrook.

Adams is top 5 center in the league.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:28:52 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Of course. The question is should we?

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 04:36:45 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I don't think he is worth it. You have to compare his value at 25.8+27.5/year compared to a journeyman big at 5/year. Adams is certainly better than the guy you get at 5, but is he 21-22.5 million better? No, and that is why not a lot of teams are clamoring to deal for him.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 06:04:31 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If he’s still available at the deadline, can we offer Kanter, Theis, Yabu and a pick to take Adams? Assuming we are doing well next season, I don’t think any of our bigs can get it done in the playoff. Thunder get some short and small contracts they can either trade away or let expire. Kanter also had some success with Thunder in the past.

What do you think?

I don’t think that’s enough salary wise to match as Adams makes 26 mil a year.  Before we signed Walker the idea was to trade him into cap space where we didn’t have to match. 

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 07:50:10 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Love to say yes but I think someone like Capella for salary reasons would be more realistic.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:59:43 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Adam's and Capela`s contracts are bad. That's not to say their not good players but there's a reason their respective teams are trying to get out from underneath them.

I like Capela more than Adam's, because of their contracts, but he's been unplayable in the playoffs against stretch bigs.