Poll

Would you sign Kemba Walker to the max (4/140M; 32.7M 1st Year)

Yes
80 (66.1%)
No
41 (33.9%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Author Topic: Kemba Walker (Kemba to formalize agreement on Sunday, pg 40)  (Read 76068 times)

Re: Kemba Walker (Kemba to formalize agreement on Sunday, pg 40)
« Reply #720 on: June 30, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Wait, so... is Kemba to Boston official yet? Lol I feel like we've forgotten about him in all this Rozier, Horford and S&T scenarios discussion.

Woj says it's confirmed, just need to wait until tomorrow to officially sign it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #721 on: June 30, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
With Kemba coming in, I hope we trade Tatum for a big man.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with how Tatum played alongside Kyrie last year. I like what Jaylen does next to a ball-handling guard. Hayward's trade value is too low. Tatum is the one I'd most like to move in order to get a center.

Not convinced there are enough balls to go around to keep all four of our stars (Kemba, Jaylen, Tatum, Hayward) happy and engaged. If they keep them together, I think one of those wings needs to come off the bench and accept being a 6th man. Make lineup combinations easier throughout the game and keep all more involved when on the floor (2 or 3 of them on court at all times, all 4 only to end games).

What level of big man would you be hoping for?

A high level one.

Put Tatum and the Memphis pick together and go after Towns. Put some other picks on the table if you need to. I disagree with those who say Towns is ungetable. It will cost a ton but it is not impossible.

Another name I'd throw out there is Markkanen.  Chicago probably would say no, or ask for additional assets, but he'd be perfect for this team.  Low maintenance, humble, and one of the best shooting 7 footers in the league at just 21 years old.  Can really rebound well too.

I love Markkanen. Agree, he'd be perfect here.

I'd trade Tatum for him.

Agreed. Not that I think he will be the better player over Tatum per se, but he would be a more ideal fit with the current roster.

I’d only do it straight up though.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #722 on: July 01, 2019, 06:14:33 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
With Kemba coming in, I hope we trade Tatum for a big man.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with how Tatum played alongside Kyrie last year. I like what Jaylen does next to a ball-handling guard. Hayward's trade value is too low. Tatum is the one I'd most like to move in order to get a center.

Not convinced there are enough balls to go around to keep all four of our stars (Kemba, Jaylen, Tatum, Hayward) happy and engaged. If they keep them together, I think one of those wings needs to come off the bench and accept being a 6th man. Make lineup combinations easier throughout the game and keep all more involved when on the floor (2 or 3 of them on court at all times, all 4 only to end games).

What level of big man would you be hoping for?

A high level one.

Put Tatum and the Memphis pick together and go after Towns. Put some other picks on the table if you need to. I disagree with those who say Towns is ungetable. It will cost a ton but it is not impossible.

Another name I'd throw out there is Markkanen.  Chicago probably would say no, or ask for additional assets, but he'd be perfect for this team.  Low maintenance, humble, and one of the best shooting 7 footers in the league at just 21 years old.  Can really rebound well too.

I love Markkanen. Agree, he'd be perfect here.

I'd trade Tatum for him.

Agreed. Not that I think he will be the better player over Tatum per se, but he would be a more ideal fit with the current roster.

I’d only do it straight up though.
I don't think some posters read all the previous posts.  If Tatum wasn't available for an AD trade, he's not available for a Towns or Markkanen trade.

« Reply #723 on: July 01, 2019, 06:42:04 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Tatum wasn't available for an AD trade, he's not available for a Towns or Markkanen trade.

Tatum wasn't available for the rental of AD. If AD was going to re-sign here, Tatum absolutely would've been on the table.

Ainge has never had untouchable players before. Everyone has always had a price. Why would that change now? It hasn't. Tatum is not untouchable.