Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119479 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2018, 11:18:34 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lets say the Spurs ask for Brown as starters for Kawhi

Danny counters with Irving and 2019 Kings 1st (and they accept)

Celtics would have a lineup of

Horford
Leonard
Brown
Tatum
Rozier

Hayward off the bench

vs if Celtics give up Brown

Horford
Leonard
Tatum
?
Irving

Haywayd off the nech

For some reason I like the 1st lineup better.  Irving can get tunnel vision and may not pass the ball enough to make the others happy. Especially Leonard.  Leonard is used to a system where the ball is passed around

Re: Chris Sheridan: 0% chance Spurs send Kawhi West
« Reply #346 on: June 18, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Let Philly tear apart their team to get KL. IMO there's a really low percentage chance of him landing in Boston. I'm positive they will demand Brown and/or Tatum which is most likely a no-go.

Actually I doubt he will land in Philly either.

KL really put San Antonio in a bad position. His value is low right now to any team not called the Lakers. I doubt anyone is going to cough up the assets required to make this worthwhile for SA knowing that he could bolt after a year.

« Reply #347 on: June 18, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I agree with whoever said it above, I think Kawhi is going to the Lakers, whether it's a deal with SAS, or a year from now. I think Lebron is going there this offseason. Would not surprise me at all if the 2 of them have been talking about it for months. IMO, Lebron + Kawhi could push any team if they get a little help, including the GSW.

All this "Spurs would never trade him to Lakers" talk is nonsense. Giving away Kawhi or letting him walk a year from now for nothing is better for the Spurs' organization than getting a player like Ingram for him? Nonsense. You don't get to where the Spurs are by being stupid. I don't care if it's to Dallas or Houston, they have to make the deal that is best for the franchise.

He's a phenomenal player and I wish we could sign him long term, but I don't see any scenario under which Ainge can take that risk and give up something big for him.

« Reply #348 on: June 18, 2018, 12:21:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I still can't believe this and get a chuckle everytime

https://blog.turo.com/gearheads/kawhi-leonards-car-other-humble-athlete-cars

Kawhi’s 20-year-old SUV is affectionately nicknamed Gas Guzzler. “It runs,” Leonard told Sports Illustrated, “and it’s paid off.” The old Tahoe is a perfect illustration of Kawhi’s reserved and humble personality. He is notoriously quiet — a notable trait in a league whose superstars are iconic global celebrities adept at media relations and personal branding.

In 2015, right after his $94-million contract kicked in, Kawhi reportedly panicked after misplacing his Wingstop coupons. Wingstop, who happily sponsors the 6’8 Southern California native, quickly sent him more coupons to support his chicken habit.

;D ;D

« Reply #349 on: June 18, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
getting back to business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXOyaK4xSw

Broussard says Kawhi main advisor (his uncle)  is close to Irving father (no wonder Irving put the Spurs as one of the teams he requested to be traded to?)

PLUS....if these two are close,  Leonard probably has heard it all regarding Lebrons drama queen behavior

interesting

« Reply #350 on: June 18, 2018, 12:32:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
getting back to business

Broussard says Kawhi main advisor (his uncle)  is close to Irving father (no wonder Irving put the Spurs as one of the teams he requested to be traded to?)

PLUS....if these two are close,  Leonard probably has heard it all regarding Lebrons drama queen behavior

interesting

Kyrie can take the spotlight and Leonard can fill into the background like Al and Hayward.

« Reply #351 on: June 18, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This went up a couple of hours ago.

What can the Celtics offer in a trade for Kawhi Leonard?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23826138/kawhi-leonard-trades-boston-celtics-offer

I HIGHLY doubt they trade Hayward or Irving + Picks for rental Kawhi. Just don't see it.

Now maybe Smart S&T + Morris + Rozier + Nader + 2 Picks (including Kings OR Grizzlies), OR Brown + Rozier + Morris + Filler + Pick(s). Those could get it done but it depends if Ainge wants to take the risk. He'll definitely be doing his homework in the coming days and probably even speaking with Kawhi and the Spurs.

Losing Jaylen or Smart would absolutely suck, but IF Ainge is confident that it's worth the risk and everything seems to check out, I'll trust him, and if Kawhi is truly healthy and committed here, then I don't think you can say no to a trade like that for a guy who is Top-5 in the entire NBA when healthy. Also probably the best (or second best) 2-way player in the league.

Smart won't be the best player going out.  It's going to take one of Brown or Tatum.

The best I'd do is Rozier + Morris + ONE OF Brown / Sacramento #1, along with whatever filler and late round picks were required

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #352 on: June 18, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
In order for me to include Brown into the deal, I'd need to get Kawhi to add Boston to his preferred destinations list.

I'd do the draft picks + rabble even if he says no. We don't need those picks. When we win a title in 2018-19, his tune could change. A title is worth more than picks with a team this mature.

« Reply #353 on: June 18, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
getting back to business

interesting

Kyrie can take the spotlight and Leonard can fill into the background like Al and Hayward.

True.

Also even though Leonard would like to play for his hometown team, a close #2 imo is who he plays under/organization

CBS and Ainge are smart like Pops and Buford but also different.  Not as in your face

Kawhi would fit here in theory

« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If the Lakers can trade Ball for a lotto pick and trade this with Ingram, Kuzma, Hart...

I think the Spurs would take this massive pay.  Not sure if the Lakers would do this though....

Anything less , Spurs rather deal with the clippers (Harris, Louis Williams, Thornwell and 12, 13th 2018 picks,  2020 pick)   or a east team

« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2018, 12:52:18 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs people were somehow behind this story.  Nothing like scaring Magic into thinking that Danny is going to add Kawhi to get him to cough up an additional asset.

« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2018, 12:53:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
In order for me to include Brown into the deal, I'd need to get Kawhi to add Boston to his preferred destinations list.

I'd do the draft picks + rabble even if he says no. We don't need those picks. When we win a title in 2018-19, his tune could change. A title is worth more than picks with a team this mature.

after the 2018 draft , the odds increase this happens.   Likely will come down to the Lakers and Celtics then

A potential trade prior to the 2018 draft (which is 4 days away) give the Clippers, 76ers, Cavs a chance

this is the way I see it

« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Another interesting game will be, who makes the 1st move between Lebron, Paul, George and Leonard (if Leonard is not traded prior to the draft)

If Lebron signs with the Lakers, would the Lakers be less conservative and overpay for Leonard.  If the Lakers get Leonard prior to Jul 1st, would it be a easier decision for Lebron to join the Lakers.

Pure drama moving forward.  Plus unless an overpay, Buford likely doesn't give Leonard the satisfaction and ships him out to the east (or non Kawhi preferred destination)

« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2018, 12:59:51 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Another interesting game will be, who makes the 1st move between Lebron, Paul, George and Leonard (if Leonard is not traded prior to the draft)

If Lebron signs with the Lakers, would the Lakers be less conservative and overpay for Leonard.  If the Lakers get Leonard prior to Jul 1st, would it be a easier decision for Lebron to join the Lakers.

Pure drama moving forward.  Plus unless an overpay, Buford likely doesn't give Leonard the satisfaction and ships him out to the east

I think Leonard will get moved before the Draft. A draft pick could be an important part of any trade, and the Spurs would want to make sure their guy is drafted.

George and James could still team up in LA, but if Leonard doesn't go there, it makes LA a less desirable location.

« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
History tells us that after being traded Kawhi is going to turn into a mediocre player .
It’s a Spurs thing.