Author Topic: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread  (Read 198703 times)

Re: 2019 Summer Rumors official thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 22, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Beal has two full seasons left before he is a UFA.  Sure, you can get more if you trade him with 2 years left or with 1.5 years left but I don't see why the Wizards would feel they need to rush into this.  Of course Beal isn't going to agree to an extension now.  That does not mean he has made up his mind to leave.

The trade deadline this season would be a fine time to get value and I don't think it would be all that much different next off season.  The Wizards bigger issue (by far) is Wall and his Achilles.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239171/wizards-offer-beal-3-year-111m-extension

If Beal says no, you have to think they might move on. If he says yes, he will be off the market for at least another year or two.

If Beal passes on the extension, the Wizards have no plans to engage in trade talks with two years, $55.8 million left on his contract, Sheppard said.

Beal could be eligible to sign a five-year, $254 million supermax extension next summer if he earns All-NBA status in the coming season.

Right, can't blame the Wizards for trying but if he turns this down, it doesn't mean they trade him.  They just try again next year with an even bigger extension.  I would be surprised if he took this first extension.

$50.8 million per year. That’s insane.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1681 on: July 22, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Beal has two full seasons left before he is a UFA.  Sure, you can get more if you trade him with 2 years left or with 1.5 years left but I don't see why the Wizards would feel they need to rush into this.  Of course Beal isn't going to agree to an extension now.  That does not mean he has made up his mind to leave.

The trade deadline this season would be a fine time to get value and I don't think it would be all that much different next off season.  The Wizards bigger issue (by far) is Wall and his Achilles.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27239171/wizards-offer-beal-3-year-111m-extension

If Beal says no, you have to think they might move on. If he says yes, he will be off the market for at least another year or two.

If Beal passes on the extension, the Wizards have no plans to engage in trade talks with two years, $55.8 million left on his contract, Sheppard said.

Beal could be eligible to sign a five-year, $254 million supermax extension next summer if he earns All-NBA status in the coming season.

Right, can't blame the Wizards for trying but if he turns this down, it doesn't mean they trade him.  They just try again next year with an even bigger extension.  I would be surprised if he took this first extension.

I guess the Wizards might hold off, but that seems more like posturing to me than anything. If Beal simply turned down the offer and said, "I have no plans to resign," then they trade him this season, tank, get a good draft pick, allow Wall to rehabilitate some of his value, trade him, and completely bottom out.

That said, 250 million is a lot of money.

« Reply #1682 on: July 22, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

and add wall's $40 million plus per year. how much would be left in salary cap to build a team around two guards?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1683 on: July 22, 2019, 04:19:09 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wizards owner Ted Leonsis acknowledges John Wall likely won't play in 2019-20.

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/1153393589386383360

« Reply #1684 on: July 22, 2019, 04:56:52 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Without the supermax, he's eligible for a four-year, $155 million max extension next year.

They have already offered him $37M this year, next year he only gets supermax if he is all nba, if not it is "only" $39M.   That is quite a bump for getting all nba!  (and the main reason he will be in no hurry to extend).

« Reply #1685 on: July 24, 2019, 08:16:33 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Greg Monroe to Germany (FC Bayern Munich)

Greg Monroe to Bayern Munich.
The guy in Bayern Munich's announcement is Greg Monroe.

https://twitter.com/Carchia/status/1154132734803140608