Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 36360 times)

Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2019, 06:33:50 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Dirt. Bag.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-text-accuser-children-patriots-043700460.html

Dude is implicitly threatening kids now?
I think he isnt a good guy but that text doesn't say any thing about threating or threating kids. The context is clear, he says to see her and her situation with all the kids as a financial thing, nothing suggest a threat.

He will need to build a case to show she is after money if she did falsely acuse him because its all he said she said so again there needs to be an investigation.

Again I don't like Brown but I don't agree with trying to narrate something falsely.

You're aware of what a pretext is, right?

The way he demonstrates somebody is well off (and therefore, doesn't deserve the money allegedly owed to her) is to send a picture of her kids to his security team?  That doesn't strike you as odd?

I read the text. It's clear what his words and intention is. It's not a threat against children. He is wrote she is broke and has all these kids, she is out for money and he wants to investigate that. I'm not adding a narrative just saying what the texts are saying. To read into things and try to use pretext is wrong when the messages are that clear. No matter our opinions on the guy we can't make conclusions like threatening kids based on those texts.

"All these kids"?  Huh?

And, oddly, broke people have children, too.
I'm not defending the guy for who he is but just saying those texts aren't threats and we shouldn't say they are because we don't like the guy. I'm on the record in this thread as saying, if half the stuff claimed is true and the rape stuff is false I still want him to lose money in the civil case for karma.

You've watched mobster movies, right?  If a gangster in the movie pulls out a picture of somebody's kids and says "Nice children you have there" with somebody he's having a dispute with, do you take him at face value?
Lol like a mob boss. Hey maybe you are right as the cook claimed AB took a fish head in the freezer was a message  ;D

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2019, 07:01:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It is the absolute right decision. If Brown revealed his knowledge that such a lawsuit was imminent, there would have been no signing to begin with, so this makes sense.

Guy is an idiot. If he ghosted the media upon signing, reacted conservatively to the lawsuit when it came out, had no interactions on social media and made no contact with either of the alleged victims, he might have been able to make it through the season. Maybe he falls out of the news cycle and he would have gotten through a season.

The NFL clearly were dragging their feet giving him every chance to work through an "innocent until proven guilty" reprieve, like his former QB mate got.

But.....nope!!!! He goes all "Godfather" on this latest person who made an accusation against him and sealed his fate with his employers and in the world of public opinion. He should have learned how to handle this situation from good buddy and fellow rapist Ben Roethlisberger. He still could have had a few more years of NFL earnings, like Big Ben did.

« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
After the initial allegation I was willing to give AB a chance, considering nothing was really known. However, the way he’s handled it has really shown that someone with his character should not be on this team. Maybe he really does have CTE.

Kinda bummed out we shipped Demaryius for nothing though. Hopefully when Harry and Watson are available it doesn’t matter.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2019, 07:21:08 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Well that lasted long.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2019, 07:22:19 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well that lasted long.

Does he still get a ring?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2019, 08:08:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Well that lasted long.

Does he still get a ring?

Yes, when the Pats bring him back in late December after he settles with his accuser and the league moves on.

« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2019, 09:39:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Say goodbye

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Patriots released Antonio Brown. His stay in New England lasted one game.

I guess the Pats decided that all of the accusations (or a good chunk of them, at least) are true.

WRONG!!! They decided they did not want to deal with the distraction. I did not like Brown. I liked him on the Patriots because I want the Patriots to win. I dont know if I can be objective on this, but a case has to be made that you cannot cost people their bread and butter on mere accusation. Public figures are at a major disadvantage if mere accusations can cost them their jobs. What if Brown is innocent?   Then what?

« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
After the initial allegation I was willing to give AB a chance, considering nothing was really known. However, the way he’s handled it has really shown that someone with his character should not be on this team. Maybe he really does have CTE.

Kinda bummed out we shipped Demaryius for nothing though. Hopefully when Harry and Watson are available it doesn’t matter.

Probably, by then, Gordon will be suspended again and Edelman will be injured.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Ha, maybe. Guess Gronk will have to unretire then ;)

On a serious note, Gordon certainly seems to be much more mature now than when was in Cleveland

« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2019, 10:54:02 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324

On a serious note, Gordon certainly seems to be much more mature now than when was in Cleveland

Well, going from a dog-food franchise to a champion will do that! Seriously, though, you're right; he does seem to have matured, and I'm really hoping—for personal reasons as well as for football reasons—that he stays clean.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2019, 11:51:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Well, going from a dog-food franchise to a champion will do that! Seriously, though, you're right; he does seem to have matured, and I'm really hoping—for personal reasons as well as for football reasons—that he stays clean.
Yeah, more so for his sake than anything I hope he can steer clear of it all. He seems like a really solid guy.

At least keep it hidden, like Megatron! Wasn't aware of his usage until today.

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2019, 03:06:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Yeah, more so for his sake than anything I hope he can steer clear of it all. He seems like a really solid guy.

I hope Antonio Brown didn't badly influence Josh Gordon. Brown's a cancer, but he should probably get some help.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2019, 08:04:47 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I hope Antonio Brown didn't badly influence Josh Gordon. Brown's a cancer, but he should probably get some help.

If anything, I think it shows Gordon that if he becomes a distraction, he’s gone.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #163 on: September 22, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Antonio Brown calling it quits.

What a sad way to end a great career. Maybe Vontaze Burfict must've caused him CTE in those seasonal battles and playoff skirmishes back when Brown was a Steeler.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #164 on: September 22, 2019, 09:59:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Brown is a damaged man who was never taught and never learned how to deal with his power, fame, and money.  So many let him get away with it for so long for what he could do for them, that he just never learned the consequences of his actions.  He finally found a team in the Raiders that wouldn't deal with his BS, and then the world finally caught up with him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip