Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)  (Read 417584 times)

Re: A Game of Thrones (contains spoilers)
« Reply #1770 on: May 15, 2019, 01:48:04 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
My prediction for the final episode:

Jon is going to demand the iron throne formally as the true heir knowing dany can’t rule. Dany is going to tell him either he is a usurper or he is who he says he is and Drogon will burn him. If he walks out the throne is his. If he doesn’t he’s a usurper and dies like he deserves.

He either walks out OR what I like even better is Drogon refuses the dracarys order and won’t burn Jon. Final betrayal of dany by her child.

I am refusing to google or reddit any GoT this week in fear of leaks so please don’t respond if you actually know what happens!

« Reply #1771 on: May 15, 2019, 02:09:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Jon is going to demand the iron throne formally as the true heir knowing dany can’t rule. Dany is going to tell him either he is a usurper or he is who he says he is and Drogon will burn him. If he walks out the throne is his. If he doesn’t he’s a usurper and dies like he deserves.

He either walks out OR what I like even better is Drogon refuses the dracarys order and won’t burn Jon. Final betrayal of dany by her child.

I am refusing to google or reddit any GoT this week in fear of leaks so please don’t respond if you actually know what happens!

I'm predicting neither Jon nor Dany ends up on the Iron Throne.  I think Dany dies -- probably killed by Tyrion, either directly or with his help -- and Jon is so disillusioned by what he's seen about power that he declines the throne.

I have no idea who rules in his place.  Gendry and Arya would be lame, Sansa seems out of the picture, Bran isn't even human any more, and there aren't really any other good replacements.  I guess that leaves Tyrion to rule, a Hand who betrayed his queen.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1772 on: May 15, 2019, 02:12:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm predicting neither Jon nor Dany ends up on the Iron Throne.  I think Dany dies -- probably killed by Tyrion, either directly or with his help -- and Jon is so disillusioned by what he's seen about power that he declines the throne.

I have no idea who rules in his place.  Gendry and Arya would be lame, Sansa seems out of the picture, Bran isn't even human any more, and there aren't really any other good replacements.

According to reports, the writers and directors of the show say they'll be getting drunk during the episode because of all the backlash they expect to get after it airs. And many of the actors/actresses themselves have said in the past few months that people will "need therapy" and probably "get mad like the Mad King" after the season ends, so buckle up!  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1773 on: May 15, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I have no idea who rules in his place.  Gendry and Arya would be lame, Sansa seems out of the picture, Bran isn't even human any more, and there aren't really any other good replacements.

According to reports, the writers and directors of the show say they'll be getting drunk during the episode because of all the backlash they expect to get after it airs. And many of the actors/actresses themselves have said in the past few months that people will "need therapy" and probably "get mad like the Mad King" after the season ends, so buckle up!  :P

Caitlyn Stark's reanimated corpse comes in in the last 30 seconds of the show and claims the throne for herself?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1774 on: May 15, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
You know, there is no real rules for dragonfire. There are many types of dragons in the world of D&D with lots of different types of fire. Heck some dragons shoot ice in those games.

Is the shows depiction of dragonfire different than described in the books? Sure. Does that make it wrong? Hell no. Just different. I have no problem with explosive dragon fire. In most of the shots of the dragons in battle, even when much younger and smaller, showed a rolling explosive fire.

But in DandD dragons are resolved to a single type of breath.
Ice
Acid
Lightning
Fire
Etc...

Not combinations of. Otherwise I would always be a fire/lightning dragonborn

« Reply #1775 on: May 15, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
My prediction.

Arya kills dany
Jon kills a dragon and heads north to luve with the wildlings.
Arya becomes hand
Sansa and tyrion marry and rule together

« Reply #1776 on: May 15, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Anyone else worried that Jon Snow is not in the episode 6 trailer?

« Reply #1777 on: May 15, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if we're throwing out predictions, I'll go with:
- Jon kills Dany after he confronts her about the mass slaughter
- Jon takes the dragon as his own because he's a Targaryen
- Arya finds a still-living Cersei (and possibly Jamie) and kills her.
- Tyrion figures out some way to support Jon and get the remaining Dothraki and Unsullied to either rally around Jon or leave Westeros after Dany is dead.

OR
more likely, something different happens that p---es off everyone who's been following the show since the beginning.

« Reply #1778 on: May 15, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm pretty sure he'll be in the episode.

« Reply #1779 on: May 15, 2019, 02:59:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

That would be the most Season 8 thing ever.  No mention of Jon in the finale, other than a brief "I heard Jon plans to live out his days beyond the wall with his direwolf" from Tyrion.

« Reply #1780 on: May 15, 2019, 03:07:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

That would be the most Season 8 thing ever.  No mention of Jon in the finale, other than a brief "I heard Jon plans to live out his days beyond the wall with his direwolf" from Tyrion.

Don't worry, he'll be in the next GOT installment:

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1781 on: May 15, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Arya's given up on a life of vengeance, that was the whole point of juxtaposing her escaping from it as the Hound is consumed by it. I don't think she's killing anyone, or settling down at all. Most likely outcome seems like back to wandering/traveling, maybe even going back to Essos.

Jon's probably gonna kill Dany, and it's probably gonna be real hacky (the plot development, not him hacking her up). Not sure what becomes of Drogon but it seems only loyal to her so it's probably gonna go too.

I've thought for a long time there'd be no Iron Throne/monarchy at the end of the series. I'm wavering a little on that but I still don't think it'll be "let's do the same government but with a good Targaryen on top, and no worries about the how the 'gods flip a coin' will go for his kids and grandkids".  A fundamental shift seems to fit the themes of the show. Jon going back North, or dying with Dany would make good sense if that's the play.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:27:02 PM by fairweatherfan »

« Reply #1782 on: May 15, 2019, 03:25:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I've thought for a long time there'd be no Iron Throne/monarchy at the end of the series. I'm wavering a little on that but I still don't think it'll be "let's do the same government but with a good Targaryen on top, and no worries about the how the 'gods flip a coin' will go for his kids and grandkids".  A fundamental shift seems to fit the themes of the show.

I've heard rumors of this type of ending, but the way the show has been written, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Let's say they move to a system of delegates or a Council of Lords.  Who are those delegates?  A handful of folks from Winterfell and King's Landing, all of whom are presently aligned with one another? 

« Reply #1783 on: May 15, 2019, 03:32:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I've thought for a long time there'd be no Iron Throne/monarchy at the end of the series. I'm wavering a little on that but I still don't think it'll be "let's do the same government but with a good Targaryen on top, and no worries about the how the 'gods flip a coin' will go for his kids and grandkids".  A fundamental shift seems to fit the themes of the show.

I've heard rumors of this type of ending, but the way the show has been written, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  Let's say they move to a system of delegates or a Council of Lords.  Who are those delegates?  A handful of folks from Winterfell and King's Landing, all of whom are presently aligned with one another?

My feeling on the Throne was a dragon would melt it as a parallel to a dragon making it. I'm not sure about that anymore.

On the gov't end, the extreme is the common people actually get a vote, but that's probably too radical to make sense, certainly for Martin. Probably the lords of the 7 kingdoms, whoever they wind up being, get some degree of control over who's in charge, either electing them or actually being a ruling council. At minimum the position of king/ruler isn't hereditary anymore but includes some element of consent of the governed. That kind of thing. If Jon in particular died it'd be that or even more chaos (or King Gendry, first of his name haha)

« Reply #1784 on: May 15, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
If I'm making a prediction:

Jon knows Dany can't be trusted and has to die but can't do it himself. Arya kills Dany. Jon walks away from it all or dies. Sansa takes over as Queen with Tyrion as her hand (even though Tyrion has been wrong about everything for, like, 3 seasons now).
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008