Author Topic: New A-Roid allegations  (Read 13301 times)

New A-Roid allegations
« on: April 30, 2009, 11:29:16 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
According to Salena Roberts, A-rod:

1) Used steroids in high school, according to high school teammates;

2) Used steroids with the Yankees, and developed a steroids-related condition where his pectoral muscles became rounded and took on the shape of female breasts; and

3) Tipped off opposing players as to what pitches his own pitcher was going to throw in blowouts, hoping that those opposing players would reciprocate so that he could keep his batting average high.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4114292

Not that we needed any more proof, but A-roid is a world class scum bag.  I'm assuming that that last allegation will hurt him the most with his teammates, especially the pitching staff; he was intentionally cheating to hurt his teammates' statistics, in hopes that his own would go up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:48:37 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: New A-Roid allegations
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
LOL

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
You know, it's not every day that the guy you can't stand in sports douchbags himself like this.  It's like when you're driving on the highway, and someone in a Corvette cuts you off and blows past you at 90, and it's like "why can't I just once see that guy get pulled over right in front of me, just once God, please!"

A-rod just got pulled over on the highway, is it Pau Gasol's turn yet?

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:42:22 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:50:51 AM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
I agree with your characterization of ARod, but I don't hold Selena Roberts in much higher regard frankly.  The whole steroids thing is water under the bridge, most fans have tired of it long ago and just want to move on.  Her breaking the ARod "story" was all about her, the list he was on was supposed to be confidential, and I really don't think it adds much to dig through every name that is on there. 

There was a steroids era, everyone knows it, it is tainted, and everyone who played during it is under suspicion, test results or no test results.  It is time to move on from this.  The classic reporters' line that "the public needs/wants to know" just doesn't hold here, this was about her and her career.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
You missed some other very eye opening points Roy like:

1.) ARoid was suspected and accused of HGH use with Kevin Brown.

2.) ARoid had a couple of not very nice nicknames in the Yankees locker room due to his extra 15 lbs of muscle he gain over the off season giving him man-boobs and because after being suspected of using HGH certain private areas changed.

3.) That Yankee management has suspected for quite a while that ARoid was/is using but never approached the subject with him even though it is their duty to do so.

This guy is a class a dirtbag and was baseball's darling for years and is the number one reason why I will never be surprised when the tell all books come out revealing that basketball's darling, LeBron James, was doing steroids in high school and beyond as well.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's starting to feel like the whole A-Rod fiasco in 2004 is gonna be Babe Ruth in reverse, isn't it?  And his teammates clearly despise him.  No wonder every one of his teams have gotten better after he's left.

And Nick is right, the allegations that he was using as early as his sophomore year of high school do carry over to the "but LeBron was huge in HS, he can't be using" argument.  Top-flight athletes start getting top-flight training at a very early age, and for some of them that's gonna include PEDs. Personally I think if anything comes out about LeBron it'll be HGH - it's still basically untestable, and LeBron's build doesn't strike me as a steroid build for some reason.  He's innocent til proven guilty, though.

And "female dog breasts" (paraphrased) will make for a GREAT chant in Fenway from here on out.

Edit:  Wow, Celtic, I was about to post that exact pic but then I figured I probably wasn't the only one eating lunch.  TP for reading my mind.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The roids are no surprise, but as said before there was/is a steroid era, and everyone is guilty until proven innocent. The third speculation about tipping off pitches is inexcusable, it is cheating and is indeed insanely bad sportsmanship. How could any pitcher on his team have any respect for him and not take him to task, he is screwing with people's careers there.

As for his chest, maybe it is a little saggy.

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 12:12:58 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
They can cheat all they want, still can't win against the Sox.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
is it Pau Gasol's turn yet?

Pau is pretty low on my list.  How about Kobe? Or Sasha? Those guys before Pau.

But I like your corvette analogy.  It reminds me of my friend's story:
He was hitchhiking near Mt. Hood, Oregon.  A porsche with 4 young guys blew past him, laughing and giving him the bird.  Shortly thereafter someone nicely stopped to pick up my friend.  A few miles down the road, they passed a "runaway truck" ramp (a long ramp filled with gravel that is designed to stop a semi that has lost its breaks -- you see a lot these on mountain highways).  The kids in the Porsche had for some reason decided to try to drive up the ramp.  Needless to say, the Porsche was partway up the ramp, sunk deep into the gravel.  The underbody of the Porsche was probably ruined, it would take a tow truck to get the Porsche out of there, and going up the ramp illegally (it was not a truck that lost its brakes) carries a stiff fine.  My friend is very fond of that story -- sort of a what comes around goes around type of thing.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I gave up on Baseball 3 years ago and have not watched more than 30 to 40 innings this entire year.  It is a joke, everyone was on steroids and I mean everyone, probably 85% of the league took steroids at somepoint in their career. 

I will admit I do like the highlights and I play fantasy baseball, because of my obsession with fantasy sports but baseball is a joke and they should eliminate all stats from 1990 to 2005.

I guess a game that has always been known for its cheating just continues down that path.

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

He was hitchhiking near Mt. Hood, Oregon.  A porsche with 4 young guys blew past him, laughing and giving him the bird.  Shortly thereafter someone nicely stopped to pick up my friend.  A few miles down the road, they passed a "runaway truck" ramp (a long ramp filled with gravel that is designed to stop a semi that has lost its breaks -- you see a lot these on mountain highways).  The kids in the Porsche had for some reason decided to try to drive up the ramp.  Needless to say, the Porsche was partway up the ramp, sunk deep into the gravel.  The underbody of the Porsche was probably ruined, it would take a tow truck to get the Porsche out of there, and going up the ramp illegally (it was not a truck that lost its brakes) carries a stiff fine.  My friend is very fond of that story -- sort of a what comes around goes around type of thing.

1. Kobe already had his, remember? :)

2. Great story, that is the kind of instant gratification we all deserve now and then.  Huge sigh of satisfaction thinking about it...TP

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I gave up on Baseball 3 years ago and have not watched more than 30 to 40 innings this entire year.  It is a joke, everyone was on steroids and I mean everyone, probably 85% of the league took steroids at somepoint in their career. 

I will admit I do like the highlights and I play fantasy baseball, because of my obsession with fantasy sports but baseball is a joke and they should eliminate all stats from 1990 to 2005.

I guess a game that has always been known for its cheating just continues down that path.
Baseball is the most vulnerable to being destroyed by drugs because it is a boring game. You need stats and romanticized tradition to make it interesting, especially over 162 games.

No one really cares about all the PED abuse in football, though they say the Steelers won superbowls juiced up.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
How is the "integrity" of baseball even relevant anymore? The whole league is full of cheaters.

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I don't know if it's true, but I'm imagining those guys in the corvette with popped collars and Smashmouth blaring on the radio.  It makes the story even better.  8)