Author Topic: Have To Admit, It's Becoming Difficult...  (Read 5266 times)

Re: Have To Admit, It's Becoming Difficult...
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Here's some interesting stats:

Pre-AD trade demand the Celtics were 31-19. Including being 21-9 after the 10-10 start.

Post-AD trade demand the Celtics are at 12-12.

I guess after all the trials and tribulations they experienced early in the season with Hayward being force fed minutes and the young guys being told to take lesser roles, they had somehow managed to overcome that and go 21-9. Then AD made his trade demand and it looks like it was the tipping point for the team's chemistry to totally crumble.

Yeah that's one reason i'm not big on him. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

He destroyed us and the Lakers, because Lebron had them over 10 games above .500 at that point.

I wouldn't reward that guy for that. Like it was just so hard to play for a couple more months making millions that he couldn't bear it anymore.

If we do get him, it's gonna take me a long while to warm to him.

Sorta like Xavier McDaniel :)
I definitely believe Klutch (or specifically Rich Paul) is way more to blame than AD. Paul knew we wouldn't be able to trade for him this season unless we moved Kyrie, so he tried to force NOLA into moving him to LA. Now AD's value is lesser, and LA most likely won't be able to trade for him due to their pieces being all under injury clouds

Yeah, I have more of a problem with that guy, but I truly believe Davis wants to be in LA and feel it's a waste of time for us.

Hit the nail on the end. Do I oppose an AD trade? No...I'd probably be really excited! Would I also worry that he would leave us high and dry after the 2019-20 season? Absolutely....which would have a crippling effect on the team. If we think we're in bad shape now, imagine giving up players and picks for one year of Davis to grace us with his presence.