Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 709796 times)

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #3150 on: February 12, 2024, 10:00:42 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 777
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I know Brad was pretty aggressive moving guys this past summer but his moves might have saved the season.

Smart, been injured most of the season
Rob out for the season
Gallo bought out.

Now this. Same elbow/tendon as last season.

Portland Trail Blazers
@trailblazers
Trail Blazers guard Malcolm Brogdon received treatment to address tendinitis in the right elbow.

Brogdon will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

« Reply #3151 on: February 12, 2024, 10:12:15 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 3119
  • On To Banner 18!
I know Brad was pretty aggressive moving guys this past summer but his moves might have saved the season.

Rob out for the season
Gallo bought out.

Portland Trail Blazers
@trailblazers
Trail Blazers guard Malcolm Brogdon received treatment to address tendinitis in the right elbow.

Ouch. Yeah unfortunately that's just been the story with Brogdon.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3152 on: February 12, 2024, 10:44:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2451
Pat Bev Pod: Seasoned Forward & Offensive Threat Marcus Morris is leaning towards signing with the Minnesota Timberwolves- Per sources His veteran presence will provide a winning culture to any team looking for a playoff boost. – via Twitter

Haha. Winning culture? Selfishness and never taking accountability. Always blaming others. Winning culture my rear end.

« Reply #3153 on: February 12, 2024, 10:51:54 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1584
Klay Thompson isn’t finishing games for the Warriors. They are going with the rookie Podziemski.

Klay is a half step away from hanging it up. He’s a veteran minimum player at this point.

it's gotta be tough for some of these guys like Klay Thompson or Blake Griffin who have been at the top of the mountain to basically accept they are no longer that guy and are just bench fodder.

some like Carmelo anthony just never were able to adjust.

Carmelo actually did adjust, just took him a year to accept that he was no longer a star player. He barely played during 2018-19, but then signed with Portland the following season and averaged 15/6 as a role player. He played on the Blazers for two seasons and then his final season was for the Lakers and he averaged 13/4 off the bench.

Speaking of Carmelo, has he officially retired? He was still pretty serviceable when he last played for the Lakers.

Yeah, he announced his retirement last Spring.

I'm curious about what Golden State offers Klay in the offseason. I could see a young team starving for some veteran leadership, like Detroit, offering him a one- or two-year deal for $15+ million just to have him in the locker room. For a team like that, it would make sense, rather than a team trying to make the most of the final years with their aging superstar. Don't get me wrong, I think Steph still has 3-5 elite years left, but that team needs some retooling to be in the title conversation again. Overpaying for past history would be foolish at this stage. Curry is going to be 36 in a month.
Klay is still a plus shooter on high volume. Those guys always have a role if they want it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3154 on: February 12, 2024, 11:41:06 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 98
Pat Bev Pod: Seasoned Forward & Offensive Threat Marcus Morris is leaning towards signing with the Minnesota Timberwolves- Per sources His veteran presence will provide a winning culture to any team looking for a playoff boost. – via Twitter

Haha. Winning culture? Selfishness and never taking accountability. Always blaming others. Winning culture my rear end.

Agree! Get him on a competitor ASAP.

« Reply #3155 on: February 12, 2024, 02:12:38 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 593
Klay Thompson isn’t finishing games for the Warriors. They are going with the rookie Podziemski.

Klay is a half step away from hanging it up. He’s a veteran minimum player at this point.

it's gotta be tough for some of these guys like Klay Thompson or Blake Griffin who have been at the top of the mountain to basically accept they are no longer that guy and are just bench fodder.

some like Carmelo anthony just never were able to adjust.

Carmelo actually did adjust, just took him a year to accept that he was no longer a star player. He barely played during 2018-19, but then signed with Portland the following season and averaged 15/6 as a role player. He played on the Blazers for two seasons and then his final season was for the Lakers and he averaged 13/4 off the bench.

Speaking of Carmelo, has he officially retired? He was still pretty serviceable when he last played for the Lakers.

Yeah, he announced his retirement last Spring.

I'm curious about what Golden State offers Klay in the offseason. I could see a young team starving for some veteran leadership, like Detroit, offering him a one- or two-year deal for $15+ million just to have him in the locker room. For a team like that, it would make sense, rather than a team trying to make the most of the final years with their aging superstar. Don't get me wrong, I think Steph still has 3-5 elite years left, but that team needs some retooling to be in the title conversation again. Overpaying for past history would be foolish at this stage. Curry is going to be 36 in a month.
Klay is still a plus shooter on high volume. Those guys always have a role if they want it.

A role for sure, but he's a tough fit defensively these days. His ability to guard faster smaller players has greatly diminished, he's really a 4 defensively now.

Its going to be interesting to see how much of a pay cut he's willing to take.

« Reply #3156 on: February 12, 2024, 02:37:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25568
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Rob out for the season
Gallo bought out.

Portland Trail Blazers
@trailblazers

Yeah.  We'd be in serious trouble if we hadn't made any trades and those guys still got injured.

I've been holding my breath all year on KP.  I'm ready to put him on ice until the playoffs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3157 on: February 12, 2024, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 593

Rob out for the season
Gallo bought out.

Portland Trail Blazers
@trailblazers

Yeah.  We'd be in serious trouble if we hadn't made any trades and those guys still got injured.

I've been holding my breath all year on KP.  I'm ready to put him on ice until the playoffs.

They need to keep him in a cryo-chamber from here until the second round. Let him out like once very two weeks stretch and drop 30 then right back in.

Guy is so tall, and all limbs. Every step he takes I expect an injury.

« Reply #3158 on: February 12, 2024, 02:55:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 905

I don't understand why so many have an issue with Marcus Morris.  He was a solid player on some pretty good teams when he was in Boston.  I never had any issue with his effort.  I don't know about all this "winning culture talk", but I expect he will provide some valuable minutes to some playoff team this season.  If that team in MIN, I expect he will help them.  The "winning culture" stuff is just hyperbole.  It isn't Morris that is saying any of this.

« Reply #3159 on: February 12, 2024, 03:05:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1045

Rob out for the season
Gallo bought out.

Portland Trail Blazers
@trailblazers

Don't forget Timelord too, out for the season. Now Brad looks like he did a highway robbery on those teams

#IJM (Idiot Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3160 on: February 12, 2024, 04:17:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 777
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I love that KP is playing well. But I worry anytime he even runs hard. Or goes up to dunk. Or block a shot. Or if he breathes too hard.

« Reply #3161 on: February 12, 2024, 05:00:51 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
I love that KP is playing well. But I worry anytime he even runs hard. Or goes up to dunk. Or block a shot. Or if he breathes too hard.

lol dude is super fragile !!!! from the ankle injuries to even posting up stronger guards but hes soooo skillfull. Hes got a Pretty mid range shot too a nice fade away complete offensive arsenal.

« Reply #3162 on: February 12, 2024, 06:27:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384

lol dude is super fragile !!!! from the ankle injuries to even posting up stronger guards but hes soooo skillfull. Hes got a Pretty mid range shot too a nice fade away complete offensive arsenal.

Put KP in bubble wrap til the Playoffs.  8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3163 on: February 12, 2024, 07:06:45 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 444

I don't understand why so many have an issue with Marcus Morris.  He was a solid player on some pretty good teams when he was in Boston.  I never had any issue with his effort.  I don't know about all this "winning culture talk", but I expect he will provide some valuable minutes to some playoff team this season.  If that team in MIN, I expect he will help them.  The "winning culture" stuff is just hyperbole.  It isn't Morris that is saying any of this.
He was a ball hog the whole time he was in Boston.  He seemed to be a pretty selfish player to me.  And always unhappy and complaining to the refs or doing his wanna be tough guy routine to opposing team.  His talent could help the Wolves but I don't really consider him a winning player.

« Reply #3164 on: February 12, 2024, 08:38:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1519
Good game on NBA TV… Bucks vs Nuggets..
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.