Author Topic: Patriots 2017 season  (Read 76843 times)

Re: Patriots 2017 season
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Taking my talents down to Foxborough tonight for what should be a good game and great start to the season. KC can mix it up on D, so Tom should be seeing pressure early and often.

I imagine most on this site follow the Pats, but can anyone provide a perspective in which this team doesn't win 12 games and make it to the AFC championship in NE?

Normally there's one or two teams that can contend in the AFC, but I don't see it this year:

Oak-not yet
Pitt- nah
Tenn- not yet
Cincy- nah
Denver- nah
KC- nah
Houston- not yet
Balt- nah

I'm not saying that injuries/flukes can't happen, but from a prediction stand point, is there anyone even close?

I think the NFC can pose some challenges, esp ATL, GB, CAR, and SEA.

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Taking my talents down to Foxborough tonight for what should be a good game and great start to the season.
Don't forget to grab a towel from Portnoy ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Taking my talents down to Foxborough tonight for what should be a good game and great start to the season. KC can mix it up on D, so Tom should be seeing pressure early and often.

I imagine most on this site follow the Pats, but can anyone provide a perspective in which this team doesn't win 12 games and make it to the AFC championship in NE?

Normally there's one or two teams that can contend in the AFC, but I don't see it this year:

Oak-not yet
Pitt- nah
Tenn- not yet
Cincy- nah
Denver- nah
KC- nah
Houston- not yet
Balt- nah

I'm not saying that injuries/flukes can't happen, but from a prediction stand point, is there anyone even close?

I think the NFC can pose some challenges, esp ATL, GB, CAR, and SEA.

As always, it all hinges on #12.

The Edelman loss is a huge blow, but with Cooks, Dorsett, and a healthy Gronk, the offense is going to be insane. The Pats look so much better than any other team - I just don't know how Bill and staff keep doing it.

Have a great time at the game! We should come home with a W, but the beginning of the season can be difficult integrating new players/plays and KC is a tough opponent. Either way, I can't imagine a scenario where the Pats don't at least make it to the AFC Championship (which still isn't good enough!  >:( )

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Man, what a disaster. Yes, injuries, but the team looked quite pedestrian out there with some very basic executions missed -  two 4th and inches, 6-yd loss on 2nd and goal at the 3-yd line, and of course the two blown coverages on bombs down field by Alex freakin' Smith.

The Pats defense looks like swiss cheese and Tom Brady was less than impressive with some surprising overthrows/misses.

It's not the end of the world and KC is a good team, but with such a seemingly strong start and so many penalties by KC, this should have been gone much differently.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, it seems we'll at least be able to put the lid on the 19-0 nonsense early. Good.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 12:14:33 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
What a crappy game.

Never thought I'd see Alex Smith outplay Tom Brady.

Pats D was AWFUL. Couldn't stop Smith or the rookie RB Hunt. Could figure out how to stop the repeated use of the shovel pass. Horrible pass coverage deep.

Offense not much better. Horrible play calls, especially the stupid runs straight up the middle that went nowhere. No dumpoff passes to White or Lewis. Gronk hardly a factor.

And Amendola and Hightower get hurt.

From now on, the Pats should just forfeit any game vs. KC.

Now we've gotta wait 10 days to see if they can get their act together.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Man, what a disaster. Yes, injuries, but the team looked quite pedestrian out there with some very basic executions missed -  two 4th and inches, 6-yd loss on 2nd and goal at the 3-yd line, and of course the two blown coverages on bombs down field by Alex freakin' Smith.

The Pats defense looks like swiss cheese and Tom Brady was less than impressive with some surprising overthrows/misses.

It's not the end of the world and KC is a good team, but with such a seemingly strong start and so many penalties by KC, this should have been gone much differently.

This what really kills me about this game. The offense scores a TD on its first possession, the defense recovers a fumble on its first possession ... and it was all downhill after that, despite the Chiefs trying to set a record for penalties.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 12:19:14 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
What a crappy game.

Never thought I'd see Alex Smith outplay Tom Brady.

Pats D was AWFUL. Couldn't stop Smith or the rookie RB Hunt. Could figure out how to stop the repeated use of the shovel pass. Horrible pass coverage deep.

Offense not much better. Horrible play calls, especially the stupid runs straight up the middle that went nowhere. No dumpoff passes to White or Lewis. Gronk hardly a factor.

And Amendola and Hightower get hurt.

From now on, the Pats should just forfeit any game vs. KC.

Now we've gotta wait 10 days to see if they can get their act together.

Terrible play calls by The Pats in this game....

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 12:20:47 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Well, it seems we'll at least be able to put the lid on the 19-0 nonsense early. Good.

Not sure if you're being facetious, but I'd agree that it's good to get it out of the way.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
13+ penalties for the Chiefs and no Spencer Ware, Chiefs' best RB.

Patriots getting blown out in Foxboro. Andy Reid outcoaching Bill Belichick. Is it already time to throw in the towel?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 01:17:07 AM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
As a lifelong Chiefs fan, I certainly enjoyed tonight's league opener.  See you guys again in the playoffs!   

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 01:53:39 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Best thing to happen to Pats with this undefeated nonsense.

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
As much as I hope they bounce back, I really wouldn't be surprised if the Pats are 0-2 after next Sunday.

I trust they will improve and play overall a much better game.

But one, they are on the road.

TWO (and the biggest thing), if that's what Alex Smith did to our defense, then lord have mercy for what Drew Brees is about to do to our defense.  :o

Pats offense and TB12 going to have to score 35+ in what will likely be a high scoring affair.

Pats pass rush was a huge weakness coming into the season and it looks like it will be our achilles heel the whole year. And with Hightower now a bit banged up... WOOF.

But I don't blame Cassius Marsh at all for last week because lets be real, guy literally got traded to NE just 5 days before the game. Not like he's mastered the system and he wasn't even supposed to be in a high profile role that game, but Hightower went down so...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Won't be easy especially with all the injuries, but hopefully the Pats play much better than last Thursday and get their first win of the season tomorrow.

Drew Brees is a HOF QB and no doubt he will have a great game tomorrow, but the Saints defense is garbage and TB12 and the Pats offense NEEDS to take advantage.

I'm predicting a high-scoring affair with the Patriots winning 38-27.  8)

Pats defense will still look real shaky, and Brees will do very well especially with a lack of pass rush from NE, but I think the defense will do *just enough* and make the key stops when needed late.

Hoping Brandin Cooks has a huge game vs. his former team.

And I expect TB12 to rally the troops tomorrow like this:

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Won't be easy especially with all the injuries, but hopefully the Pats play much better than last Thursday and get their first win of the season tomorrow.

Drew Brees is a HOF QB and no doubt he will have a great game tomorrow, but the Saints defense is garbage and TB12 and the Pats offense NEEDS to take advantage.

I'm predicting a high-scoring affair with the Patriots winning 38-27.  8)

Pats defense will still look real shaky, and Brees will do very well especially with a lack of pass rush from NE, but I think the defense will do *just enough* and make the key stops when needed late.

Hoping Brandin Cooks has a huge game vs. his former team.

And I expect TB12 to rally the troops tomorrow like this:

MOOD:

But man the injuries are REALLY piling up now (and it's only Week 2)  :(