Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187696 times)

Re: Hayward Option Deadline 11/17 at 5pm
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2020, 03:36:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Ya the only real reason I can see to do this is it gives an extra two days to find a deal suitable to Hayward, or he opts out. It feels like he's gonna get traded at this point.

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Trade brewing, I think.

Absolutely.  Probably Indy.  Dark horse has to be GSW.

Unless.....

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2020, 03:38:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Looks like Boston will be making some picks tomorrow. Either for themselves or another team

Have no idea what good extending the time frame does

Re: Potential New Hayward Deadline
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2020, 03:38:44 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Just saw on Twitter:

"Gordon Hayward and the Celtics are working to extend the deadline on Hayward to decide on his $34.2 million player option for the 2020-21 season from today at 5 p.m. to Thursday afternoon, league sources tell ESPN."

Why? When can teams start talking to free agents?

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2020, 03:40:04 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Looks like Boston will be making some picks tomorrow. Either for themselves or another team

I am not sure if this is what’s implying... why would Danny makes certain picks if he is not sure whether Hayward is opting in or out.. makes no sense

« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
If Hayward opts out it will alter what Boston can do.
All you get in return is a 9 mill MLE. My guess is Boston would not make trades (Kemba) and continue to build through the draft hopefully by moving up

No doubt it would cripple Boston

So crippled that they basically have the same team that beat Toronto in 7 like 2.5 months ago.

So? That raptors team wasn’t that good. And they lost to Miami. Bring back this same team and they go nowhere in the playoffs. Worst bench in the nba.

Ugh so horrible to have to bring back this young team built around two young stars and watch them grow together for another season!

We're cursed! So tough to be a Celtics fan.

Please share with us who you are exited to watch off the bench? It is a collection g leaguers and oft injured players. Starting 5 is fine. Bench is awful.

« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

gives them time to work out a trade
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

It means they can work out a trade in the next two days where Hayward opts in. For example, to Indiana. If he opts out today, it's over and we're getting nothing, but also he can't sign with teams that have no cap room.

« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2020, 03:41:31 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Trade brewing, I think.

Unless.....

I think Hayward would be a perfect fit with Golden State. I still don't buy Andrew Wiggins being a good fit there. This would have a 3 team trade written all over it.

Re: Hayward Option Deadline 11/17 at 5pm (Deadline Getting Extended?)
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2020, 03:42:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Kaufman

Wouldn't be at all surprising to see the #Celtics  and Gordon Hayward working together to facilitate a trade, after he opts in. #Pacers continue to be floated as an ideal destination for the Indiana native.

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cant see how Pacers give up Turner for Hayward. If theory is he wants to play for them anyways. If anything Pacers would want a 2020 1st

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Please share with us who you are exited to watch off the bench? It is a collection g leaguers and oft injured players. Starting 5 is fine. Bench is awful.

GRANT and Timelord are pretty good. Langford should be better.  They have some draft picks and the tax-payer MLE (or maybe the full MLE) to do stuff.

It's excessively pessimistic to act like DA is not gonna do anything at all to add to the team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

It means they can work out a trade in the next two days where Hayward opts in. For example, to Indiana. If he opts out today, it's over and we're getting nothing, but also he can't sign with teams that have no cap room.

Good point

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Basically Hayward is holding the opt-out as leverage. Celtics can't move him until he opts in, or unless he agrees to a sign and trade. He probably made it clear unless the c's and himself could find a mutually agreeable trade he was gonna opt out. Extending the deadline gives both sides more time to find such a trade thus leaving Gordon more options while also allowing the c's to actually get something for him.

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Trade brewing, I think.

Unless.....

I think Hayward would be a perfect fit with Golden State. I still don't buy Andrew Wiggins being a good fit there. This would have a 3 team trade written all over it.

I would assume at this point he's just giving the C's two more days to find a deal or he's opting out and signing with Atlanta or NYC.  To me this means he's gone.  With most of the other stars already spoken for Hayward is the best available player that can be had.  Hopefully there are multiple teams vying for his services.  I doubt it's being extended so he can negotiate a longer term deal with the C's.  It also shows to me that he has been in contact with Ainge and the front office already knew what was happening.  I'm sure their focus was on getting Holiday.  Now that, that ship has sailed they needed more time to get the right Hayward deal.