Author Topic: Friday Pre-Lottery Tiebreaker (Results: MEM 8, SAC 14, LAC 20, BOS 22)  (Read 12933 times)

Re: Friday Pre-Lottery Tiebreaker (Results: MEM 8, SAC 14, LAC 20, BOS 22)
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2019, 08:54:28 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Well I ran Tankathon and we ended up with the Kings pick at #4 and the Grizzlies pick at #10.  That would be a pretty awesome result imo.  But you know, they say the lottery is rigged so who knows what will really happen in 'real' life.  LOL.

I just hope we can make a deep playoff push and convince Kyrie to stay.

If we can swing a trade for Davis a team centered around Kyrie and Davis might be able to beat a Durant-less Warriors team next season!

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2019, 09:17:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Pretty disgusting results.

Not surprised though. I'd bet right now the league has a vested interest in devaluing our picks.

LOL. The picks have not been decided yet.
Correct!  These were only tiebreakers, not the lottery itself.  TB's are decided by rules not luck.  A conspiracy is impossible.

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2019, 10:35:22 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Pretty disgusting results.

Not surprised though. I'd bet right now the league has a vested interest in devaluing our picks.

LOL. The picks have not been decided yet.
Correct!  These were only tiebreakers, not the lottery itself.  TB's are decided by rules not luck.  A conspiracy is impossible.

I think there’s no conspiracy, but yesterday involved six total ping pong balls per drawing as the tiebreakers.

3 balls per team if two tied, 2 each per if three tied

Each ping pong ball had a team’s logo on it

Yesterday was just bad luck

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2019, 11:31:37 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I was pretty p---ed about these results yesterday and decided against adding another rage post to my total this month. But if we can swing an AD trade, all will be forgiven. If we can’t... take cover Celticsblog.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2019, 08:04:10 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
so basically we lost every tiebreaker but maybe the memphis pick?

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2019, 11:55:23 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

We did...but I don't think this is all that costly. If we trade the picks, the difference in value is minimal.

And if we keep them, and there's say someone at 12 we want, moving from 14 to 12 would probably cost a couple second rounders, or maybe a protected first that converts to a second after a couple of years.

Once you get into the top 10 moving up costs a lot, even for a couple slots (e.g., Luka/Trae), but once you're into the teens and 20s it's not that hard to do. Those swaps of a few slots happen a couple times per draft.

« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2019, 12:27:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

We did...but I don't think this is all that costly. If we trade the picks, the difference in value is minimal.

And if we keep them, and there's say someone at 12 we want, moving from 14 to 12 would probably cost a couple second rounders, or maybe a protected first that converts to a second after a couple of years.

Once you get into the top 10 moving up costs a lot, even for a couple slots (e.g., Luka/Trae), but once you're into the teens and 20s it's not that hard to do. Those swaps of a few slots happen a couple times per draft.
good points. also, even though the celtics choose at #14, the odds for moving up in the lottery is the same as the other two teams.

originally, being at #14 meant the odds of moving up were something like 1.9%. now, for the celtics it 4.8%.

every little bit helps.  ;D

add to that, even if the memphis pick drops and becomes the celtics' pick this year. there is a good chance ainge might be able to move up a couple of places with a trade of picks. or, perhaps someone good might drop to that place.

the celtics are sitting on embarrassment of riches in terms of draft picks right now.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva