Author Topic: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...  (Read 40954 times)

What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...
« on: January 24, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
In a basketball game?

I ask because I'm an arrogant tool and I really just wanted an excuse to tell you all that in my game last night, I scored 34 points while grabbing 8 boards and dishing out 7 assists. I also really wanted to make it known that in addition to those numbers, I had a blocked shot and 3 steals, one of which came with 30 seconds left and my team up by 2. Ballgame.

Sorry. I'm done tooting my own horn. I'd like to hear about other CBer's and their epic performances, now.

So tell me, C's blog, what's the best game you've ever played?

What was the best play of your career?

Did anyone ever triple-double?

Dunk in traffic?

Block a shot to save a game?

Let me hear the glory stories!

/Rondo
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:08:49 PM by Rondo_is_better »
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

Re: What's The Best Performance YOU'VE Had...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:58:58 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I had much better scoring performances, but my best game ever was when I was one point away from a triple double. Imagine that - one point!

17 boards, 15 blocks, 9 points.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I hit a buzzer beater three my freshman year.  Of course, the guy guarding me got piece of the ball and piece of my hand; if he hadn't been there, I would have missed the shot by about four feet, I think; I wasn't exactly the team's first option, and I'm not quite sure why I was on the floor at the end of the game in the first place.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I once hit 11 shots in a row on this kid whose coaches were watching him play, it was at the Y though in a pickup game. My team just kept giving me the ball, by the end I was just throwing up garbage just to see if it would go in, and for some reason on that day it did. He was pretty good, and his coaches were all laughing at him, it felt great.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
As an old man....I only recall small league pick up games. Playing basketball in
NJ, often times, you are surrounded by youth that will overlook you. After hitting
my 3rd trey with a young man watchin...his team mate asked him, are you planning to play defense anytime soon or are you enjoyin the view? We finished the game with me
hitting 2 more treys and a back door cut for the win. I will never be the man consistantly, but it feels good to have a good memory or two...

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Was playing in a game against one of the top teams in the league, with one of the top scorers in the league... a sweet stroking lefty that was money from deep (and a decent friend of mine).  I had the assignment of guarding him and held him scoreless in the first half, including blocking his 1st half buzzer beating 3 with my elbow.

Close game going into the 4th quarter... few minutes left... I drove and drained a shot from the elbow.  Drove the lane and got fouled, made both free throws.  Got into the lane for a layup, and 1.  Scored on one more jumper.  We won.

It was one of the best 7th grade city rec games of the... week.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 02:38:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't even remember this too vividly but my Dad retells the story of me in a church league game getting fouled down by 1 with no time left.  I was like 8 years old and free throws weren't made very frequently.  My Dad said he felt terrible that I was on the spot like that.  Anyhow, I sank both shot and we won like 6-5 (it was that level of game where regulation hoops took some effort to reach).  I was mobbed by my teammates.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 02:50:33 PM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Let's see, I had 4 fouls in approximately one and a half minutes, but I also had a steal which led to a shooting foul = one for two from the line.

That's my offial career line:  1:30 mintues played, 4 PF, 0-0 Fg, 1-2 Ft, 1 pt.

Lol, I played one year of organized ball (9th grade).  I was a full-time bench warmer.  That was my only game, and I had a freakin ball.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
never played high school ball, wasn't my thing.

I did have a fooseball game though where I went for 10 tackles, 2 sacks and a fumble recovery my junior year though.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I don't even remember this too vividly but my Dad retells the story of me in a church league game getting fouled down by 1 with no time left.  I was like 8 years old and free throws weren't made very frequently.  My Dad said he felt terrible that I was on the spot like that.  Anyhow, I sank both shot and we won like 6-5 (it was that level of game where regulation hoops took some effort to reach).  I was mobbed by my teammates.

Haha, that's great. I have a memory just like that. It was fifth grade and we were down by one, and for some reason, the other team mobbed me when we inbounded it from our own baseline. There were only like 5 seconds left, and they pressured me for about 4 seconds before fouling me. It was really stupid of them. Anyway, it was a foul in the backcourt and they were over the limit, so I went to the line.

It was an away game, and there was an obnoxious parent at the game who might've been drunk. He was supporting his kid's team, not mine,and when I was just about to release my first free throw, he yelled "BRICK!" at the top of his lungs. It startled me, but I somehow managed to drain the first FT. When I released my second shot, he yelled "MISS!" even louder than before. I was ready for it that time, so it didn't  phase me, but I was still nervous as heck. My shot hit the front rim, rolled over the basket to the back rim, and then spun down the hole. We played with rules that left time running after a made free throw, so as soon as I made that second FT the clock started running, and the game ended. For the next ten seconds after the buzzer sounded, I stood at the free throw line, holding my follow through and staring down that obnoxious parent while my teammates mobbed me. It was epic. At no other point in my life to date have I been more of a bad ass.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Oh, and I'm sure I've told this one before on here, but I hold the all time NCAA 3-Point Field Goal PCT record.  While playing Div 3 for Emerson I took one and hit one vs Daniel Webster.

100%

No one will ever top it.

Can't be beat.  ;D
Yup

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I had much better scoring performances, but my best game ever was when I was one point away from a triple double. Imagine that - one point!

17 boards, 15 blocks, 9 points.

Wow, Toine, 15 blocks!?!? that's insane! Are you really tall or were you just a super athletic player who made weak side blocks into the stands like Josh Smith?

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Sophomore year of high school, it was the second game of the season. I was on JV.

My stat line was 24 points, 7 rebounds, 11 assists, and 6 steals. Not the most I scored in a game, but I played great all around ball.

Also had an alley oop dunk. The crowd went crazy and people I didn't even know gave me high fives, the next day in school. I felt like I was on top of the world at that particular moment. Ahhh, high school memories.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 03:37:46 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Sophomore year of high school, it was the second game of the season. I was on JV.

My stat line was 24 points, 7 rebounds, 11 assists, and 6 steals. Not the most I scored in a game, but I played great all around ball.

Also had an alley oop dunk. The crowd went crazy and people I didn't even know gave me high fives, the next day in school. I felt like I was on top of the world at that particular moment. Ahhh, high school memories.

Wow, where did you go to high school? If you were on JV and you put up numbers like that you must've been at a school with pretty good sports... or did you just beat up on a bad team that game? Either way, that's an impressive performance.

And nice job with the oop. I've never gotten one in a game, I'm not tall enough to do it easily or consistently, but I did get an and-1 fast break dunk a few weeks ago... but it was a pretty weak dunk. All of mine are. I'm only 5'10.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
honestly, stats like rebounds, blocks, steals, assists, even points, I don't usually remember exactly, its sort of tough to keep track when you're in the nitty gritty of it, but I do remember one game hitting 6 3's, which was ridiculous.  I play in a rec league these days, and there's times when I know I've dished at least 10 assists, but I really don't have a firm number... never hit a game winner or anything super heroic though

One play that always stands out was on the break, I got the ball at he top of the free throw line back to the basket, threw an over the left shoulder pass blind to a kid streaking up the court for a layup, it was about as well executed as possible and if I tried it again would end up in the stands
When you love life, life loves you right back