Author Topic: Deron Williams sprains ankle again. In walking boot (1/7)  (Read 2735 times)

Deron Williams sprains ankle again. In walking boot (1/7)
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Following an MRI on Monday, January 6, Brooklyn Nets guard Deron Williams was diagnosed with a sprained left ankle. Williams was treated with a cortisone shot in the ankle joint, as well as platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections into the lateral ligaments of the ankle. In addition, Williams received a PRP injection into his right ankle and a cortisone injection into his right ankle joint to relieve inflammation. Williams, who will miss Wednesday’s game versus Golden State, is currently in a walking boot and will be re-evaluated at the end of the week.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Deron Williams sprains ankle again. In walking boot (1/7)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
I can 't stand this guy.....biggest pile of nothing

Go sit on the bench and cry and moan , boo hoo I'm hurt ......again for the millionth time......while 40 year olds carry your load

All star my big old tail ........franchise killer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
This season is making me feel really bad about myself, because even though I hate when players get injured, I keep feeling a smirk come on whenever a Net or Hawk gets injured.  I mean, I love Horford and Brook Lopez's games, but I thought the 2014 Nets' pick was going to be in the mid 20s. Since Horford went down, the Hawks have lost 3 straight and are about to play the Pacers and Rockets, which will make them go sub .500.  We all know how the Nets are doing.

The East wouldn't be half as bad as it is now if people could just stay upright.  Do Eastern teams just hack more?  When West Coast teams out here, they get laid out, too.  Ryan Anderson is having one of the worst years possible: his model girlfriend committed suicide and then he gets a herniated disk because Gerald Wallace is flailing around like a fish on a line. 

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 02:25:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
When I hear walking boot, cortisone shots, and MRI I don't think that its a matter of toughness.

Ligaments don't start working again because you're really really tough mentally and really want to win.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
this isn't about toughness. if he's out for a while again, it could put the nets back in lottery land (they're still there right now, obv, but looked to be getting out), which is good for us, as the hawks also hopefully completely nosedive. in the long-run, i wonder if williams is going to be injury-prone in future years. not sure why he's been having so many injury problems, but the ankle stuff has been somewhat consistent for a while now, and that doesn't bode well for him or the nets moving forward (and, for us...yeah....those future first round picks look more awesome every day).

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 03:55:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
When I hear walking boot, cortisone shots, and MRI I don't think that its a matter of toughness.

Ligaments don't start working again because you're really really tough mentally and really want to win.

Stop talking nonsense--it's all about the will to win.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
He's just fragile lile Jermaine O'Neal

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
It's sad how Deron's career is turning out since he left Utah. Terrific PG in his day.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 02:27:26 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1028
I can 't stand this guy.....biggest pile of nothing

Go sit on the bench and cry and moan , boo hoo I'm hurt ......again for the millionth time......while 40 year olds carry your load

All star my big old tail ........franchise killer

The same guy who ran a respectable Jerry Sloan out of Utah. Karma's a (insert explicit here). Hope his basketball career ends like that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)