Author Topic: Celtics trade with Utah on Draft Night (idea) + 2015-2016 Roster  (Read 2424 times)

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Will we sign guys like Lamarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, or Deandre Jordan? Kevin Love has stated he'd like to remain in Cleveland next season.

Personally I'm hoping for Aldridge, but just incase we can't land him, I've come up with a great alternative: Derrick Favors

To Celtics: 12th pick, Derrick Favors

To Utah: Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, Evan Turner #45, Future 1st (worst 1st round pick we have)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the Celtics have picks 12, 16, 28, & 33.

Trade the Knicks for the 4th pick:

To Celtics: 4th Pick, Calderon
To Knicks: James Young, Zeller picks 12, 33, & a future 1st

Maybe we could trade down a few spots?

The Celtics should take either WCS or Winslow with the 4th pick

That leaves us with pick 16 & 28. Trade up for Devin Booker w/ 16. Trade up or down with the 28th pick and draft Upshaw.

If we draft WCS, Danny Ainge should make an offer for Tobias Harris.
If we draft Winslow, on of the 1st calls Ainge should make in Free Agency is to Kosta Koufos.

2015-16 Potential Celtics Line ups:

If we draft Winslow at 4:

Smart/IT4
Winslow/Booker
Crowder/Turner
Favors/Sully
Koufos/Upshaw

Sign Koufos and make him the starting Center w/ Upshaw as the backup C.
This whole starting lineup would be good on defense.

If we draft WCS at 4:

Smart/IT4
Crowder/Booker
Harris/Turner
Favors/Sully
WCS/Upshaw

We could opt to get some more ball handling at the SG position: Maybe Wesley Matthews? OR sign Danny Green or Marco Belinelli. We could use the pick draft and stash a player instead of Booker. I would easily take Booker though, because he's probably the best shooter in the draft and is going to be on a rookie contract.

Re: Celtics trade with Utah on Draft Night (idea) + 2015-2016 Roster
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
If the Knicks accepted that trade Danny Ainge would be looking at jail time for theft.

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 10:38:19 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
If the Knicks accepted that trade Danny Ainge would be looking at jail time for theft.

What do you suggest I add to the trade? #16?  They're already getting
Young, Zeller, most likely Trey Lyles at 12.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Utah isnt going to trade favors unless it is a big big overpay. Like really big.

I dont see them doing this. They want to add to a Hayward, Favors, Gobert core. Not change that core.

Also if Knicks move pick #4 it will mean they are entering win-now mode. Trading it for a project, a couple picks and Zeller doesnt make much sense.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Utah isnt going to trade favors unless it is a big big overpay. Like really big.

I dont see them doing this. They want to add to a Hayward, Favors, Gobert core. Not change that core.

Also if Knicks move pick #4 it will mean they are entering win-now mode. Trading it for a project, a couple picks and Zeller doesnt make much sense.

You're right.  Utah isn't trading Favors.  They see him as a building block.  Neither of these trades have a chance.  We aren't giving enough and don't really have enough unless we include Smart +

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 04:28:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
This is the most lopsided trade I have ever seen on this board, that is saying a lot.  Favors and the 12th pick for some role players?  Favors is a stud, young, and is someone you build around. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 04:41:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
This is the most lopsided trade I have ever seen on this board, that is saying a lot.  Favors and the 12th pick for some role players?  Favors is a stud, young, and is someone you build around.
You are forgetting the Faried for 4 proposal.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.