Author Topic: Trade with GS (sign and trade)  (Read 7948 times)

Re: Trade with GS (sign and trade)
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:30:14 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Keep in mind, Golden State just signed Turiaf; assuming LA doesn't match, he pretty much makes Powe redundant.

Also, I'm not sure Golden State wants Scal.  They said they have no interest in bringing Barnes back, so I don't see them salivating for a player who is a downgrade.

I know that they *do* like Azubuike, though.  Out of Barnes, Pietrus, and Azubike, KA is the only one that stated a desire to bring back.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 11:30:38 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I'm a big believer in Powe, and I'd like to retain him over BBD, if for no other reason, then we have Powe's bird rights and not BBDs. But BBD probably has more long term upside (both Powe and Davis have had games where they take over, remember BBD against Pistons where he seemed to score or go to the line everytime down the floor in the 4th quarter?) so if the team were comfortable with him, fine. BBD is also a better bet at Center IMO, which is a weakness in Powe's game when you have KG at PF and Perkins at C - the backup big needs to do the Center stuff that KG doesn't (or doesn't like to).

Don't know much about the GSW guy, but he looks like a solid option at both wing spots based on 82 games, is he much of a 3pt shooter?

.364 last year on 195 attempts

.383 for the career on 274 attempts.  

Would get more open looks with the Celtics.  

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I'm a big believer in Powe, and I'd like to retain him over BBD, if for no other reason, then we have Powe's bird rights and not BBDs. But BBD probably has more long term upside (both Powe and Davis have had games where they take over, remember BBD against Pistons where he seemed to score or go to the line everytime down the floor in the 4th quarter?) so if the team were comfortable with him, fine. BBD is also a better bet at Center IMO, which is a weakness in Powe's game when you have KG at PF and Perkins at C - the backup big needs to do the Center stuff that KG doesn't (or doesn't like to).

Don't know much about the GSW guy, but he looks like a solid option at both wing spots based on 82 games, is he much of a 3pt shooter?

the only reason why BBD was scoring in that 4th quarter was because the pistons were doubling pierce as he drove which left davis open underneath the basket... i mean for god sake he was making layups. powe in game 2, he created his own offense.

as for this trade, probably wouldn't go through. gsw view azu higher than we think.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Keep in mind, Golden State just signed Turiaf; assuming LA doesn't match, he pretty much makes Powe redundant.

Also, I'm not sure Golden State wants Scal.  They said they have no interest in bringing Barnes back, so I don't see them salivating for a player who is a downgrade.

I know that they *do* like Azubuike, though.  Out of Barnes, Pietrus, and Azubike, KA is the only one that stated a desire to bring back.

That why I started with the
If the Lakers match Turiaf.
on the first line of the first post.