Author Topic: Len Bias. Reggie Lewis, then Vin Baker. Lord Give us Simmons.  (Read 3436 times)

Len Bias. Reggie Lewis, then Vin Baker. Lord Give us Simmons.
« on: November 19, 2015, 12:50:01 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Can we please just have just one Superstud. No Duncan, No Durant, No Paker, No Wiggins. Last year there was Okafor, Towns, and Willie Cauley Stein. Nope.

Simmons is so good we wouldn't need a traditional point guard at all. He literally is the gift from God for a Brad Stevens coached team. Will he ever become selfish enough to be a superstar? I'd love to see how it pans out right here in Boston. Lord Give us Ben Simmons. Amen.

https://youtu.be/iDkiyFUhxSI

Re: Len Bias. Reggie Lewis, then Vin Baker. Lord Give us Simmons.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Amen

Poll please?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Ben Simmons willl:

a) die from awesomeness
b) get a nasty coke addiction, get overweight
c) drink cheap bourbon, not the good stuff
d) make 1 all-star team, then get sex change and fight holly holm.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Has to be (d). I'd put my money on it. Though I wouldn't be upset with an outcome of (c).

Realistically, we have at best (right now) a 15% chance of winning Simmons. But their tough schedule to start the year has been well-documented, and they've hung tough in quite a few losses. Need Lopez to hit one of (a) thru (d) to increase those odds...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He's 6'10"! What! He's so fluid, so quick, passes like a point guard, hustles all over the court and on defense, oh and he's the most athletic guy on the court. What's not to love, Oh and he's unselfish and the best passer on the floor. Coaches dream.

https://youtu.be/_OpOTNLP4hs

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:55:23 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

https://youtu.be/wYKkDwvzTPs

I'll take him right now please.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 05:58:58 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Simmons has LBJ potential. I know the Celtics have no shot unless they trade all the picks to whoever gets the #1 pick but that's the only player they need to come away with this off-season.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 07:18:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Simmons looks good, but I don't know if he has the 'killer' that guys like Lebron and Kobe have. True Hall of Famers have that fire on the court. Simmons talks about it, but we haven't seen it out on the floor yet.
He's killed some bums from div 3 schools but I wanna see him vs some real college talent.

Remember that the 76ers and the Lakers are more likely to get Simmons (or the top 2 picks) than Brooklyn, unless Lopez goes down.

I'd keep an eye on guys around 3,4,5 and 6 because those are our most likely pick slots.
Dallas is unknown yet. We really don't know if they are a playoff team yet.

My guys so far are Ingram, Brown and Bender from #4 upwards that may still be available.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Simmons has LBJ potential. I know the Celtics have no shot unless they trade all the picks to whoever gets the #1 pick but that's the only player they need to come away with this off-season.

C's DO have a shot. Lets just pray to God that the Net's Pick will FINALLY give us the #1 pick

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Simmons has LBJ potential.

Simmons has all-star potential, probably even All-NBA potential.  That's still not Lebron.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Simmons has LBJ potential.

Simmons has all-star potential, probably even All-NBA potential.  That's still not Lebron.
You're probably right but in 4-5 years there will be a new standard for best player in the NBA. It could be Simmons.

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 12:02:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Simmons looks good, but I don't know if he has the 'killer' that guys like Lebron and Kobe have. True Hall of Famers have that fire on the court. Simmons talks about it, but we haven't seen it out on the floor yet.
He's killed some bums from div 3 schools but I wanna see him vs some real college talent.

Remember that the 76ers and the Lakers are more likely to get Simmons (or the top 2 picks) than Brooklyn, unless Lopez goes down.

I'd keep an eye on guys around 3,4,5 and 6 because those are our most likely pick slots.
Dallas is unknown yet. We really don't know if they are a playoff team yet.

My guys so far are Ingram, Brown and Bender from #4 upwards that may still be available.
I don't think Lebron was a killer for quite a while at the beginning of his career.  That came later.

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Yes I too want to see him play against stiffer college competition.  Nothing against Coach Jones, hope Ben gets everything instruction wise as he would have at Duke, Kent, Kansas, Mich St, Ariz, etc. 

Ridiculous vision/passing.  Can dunk. I'm looking forward to seeing his mid range and perimeter offense.  Stays in front of his man on defense, but looks so casual doing it with arms and hands down (as does the whole team - arms and hands up guys!)