Author Topic: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now  (Read 9537 times)

Re: GM: I'd Take Tyler Ennis Over Kyrie Irving Right Now
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

But if what Loul Deng said about the team, practice, and everything about the environment. Then I think if this continues, then Kyrie won't ever become the top player he should be unless he forces a trade, or opts out of his contract.

While a lot of that article "felt" like it was true, Deng denied ever saying that stuff.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

But if what Loul Deng said about the team, practice, and everything about the environment. Then I think if this continues, then Kyrie won't ever become the top player he should be unless he forces a trade, or opts out of his contract.

While a lot of that article "felt" like it was true, Deng denied ever saying that stuff.

Do you think the stuff was made up?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »

Online perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
Absolute nonsense. Ennis's ceiling is about a Jeff Teague, a really good player but not a guy you want as your best player. Kyrie Irvings ceiling is the being the best player on a title team.

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 01:06:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That's the problem with gauging that report. Deng would deny it all even if it was an accurate third hand account of something he said.

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

No idea.  NBA writers (Smith, May, Vecsey) have been known to do so. Heck, multiple Award-winning writers have plagiarized.  Is Mitch Lawrence immune from that, especially when he's citing unnamed third party sources?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Of course hes going to deny it. Media wise it isn't going to make the Cavs franchise look any better. But Deng has probably told his teammates what he expects out of them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 01:12:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Ennis is a gamer. But lacks above avg quickness or athleticism.

Maybe like an older andre Miller but with a shot. Still that would be a pretty decent pg in the nba

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 01:13:28 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
GM trying to hype up a player so another may drop in the draft?

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be

Has there even been discussion about this kid being one & done?

I haven't seem him talked about much in regards to the '14 draft.  Then again, who knows with any of these kids.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I will say this ennis will be a starting point guard in the nba for a long time. He looks so polished as a player it's hard to believe he is only a freshman. He will never be the scorer that or Irving is but I'm starting to wonder how high he will climb in this draft.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I haven't seem him talked about much in regards to the '14 draft.  Then again, who knows with any of these kids.

There's been some talk.  The way Syracuse has been playing will increase that talk.  Freshmen who can excel at that position on the top team in the country are rare.  Does he lack elite athleticism?  Probably.  Is he unathletic?  Not at all.  While I think it's more than a stretch to prefer him to Irving right now, I don't think it's a stretch to say that he understands how to play point guard better than Irving. 

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have seen a ton of Syracuse this year and of all their players that look like pros(Grany, Fair, Ennis) Ennis I feel has the highest upside and best NBA potential.

Gotta say, I like him better than Smart because the kid can shoot. He's not as strong a playmaker as Smart but he has plus passing ability, elite defensive potential, plus shooting and has good size at 6'2" 180 lbs. I'm not crazy about his initial burst forward(first step) but all his other physical stuff looks like he has the makings of a great NBA PG body.

From what I hear from my son, he's pretty intelligent and a really good kid too. He's known around campus as someone who doesn't get into trouble or party like crazy, unlike some of the other Syracuse student athletes.

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

He wasn't highly regarded going into the year but with the league's increasing focus on efficiency, he's getting a lot more attention.  Plus he's performed very well in a lot of close high-profile games. 

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

But I'll say this, guys like Ennis - and CJ Fair to an extent - who are low-mistake, mentally involved but emotionally stable, and have a knack for making bigger plays as the game gets tighter?  Those are some of the most consistently undervalued prospects, year after year.  If they're anywhere near NBA size or athleticism, they're often really valuable players.
Fair reminds me of a much more athletic Jared Dudley. He will never be a star but he will be one of those extremely intelligent and very competent NBA glue guys that good teams would just kill to have coming off their bench or being the #5 guy in a starting lineup.

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 02:54:12 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I have not seen a lot of Tyler Ennis but over Kyrie?

Kyrie's only flaw is defense, if he fixes that, he's clearly top 5 TALENT.

Whoever this GM is, get out of here...

He's not great at anything other than scoring, and he was better at that as a rookie. His biggest flaw might be the fact that he's not much better now than he was when he came into the league if he's better at all.