Author Topic: Celtics Bloggers. Give me Your top 5 players from the Draft.  (Read 11436 times)

Re: Celtics Bloggers. Give me Your top 5 players from the Draft.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 03:52:33 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Rubio is probably the most ready player in this draft.  He has been playing aginst men, not boys, in the Euroleague since he was 17.  You realize that any good Euroleague team would absolutely destroy even the very best NCAA teams, right?

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Rubio is probably the most ready player in this draft.  He has been playing aginst men, not boys, in the Euroleague since he was 17.  You realize that any good Euroleague team would absolutely destroy even the very best NCAA teams, right?

I definitly beg to differ on that front.  You play NCAA rules and I think the college players win for instance UNC from last year can beat a good euroleague team. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 04:09:18 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Griffin
Curry
Evans
Harden
Hill

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Griffin

Harden

Rubio

Evans

Curry

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
Griffin
Rubio
Harden
Evans
Thabeet
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:31 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423

I definitly beg to differ on that front.  You play NCAA rules and I think the college players win for instance UNC from last year can beat a good euroleague team. 

Not a chance, regardless of the rules. Most guys who were stars at U.S. colleges can't even get roster spots on the Euroleague teams.  They play in the second tier overseas leagues, e.g. the Spanish or Italian leagues.

If Real Madrid joined the NBA tomorrow, it would by no means be the worst team in the league.

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 07:05:28 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Griffin
Harden
Rubio
Thabeet
Curry

This is an easy question.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Griffin
Harden
Rubio
Thabeet
Curry

This is an easy question.

Agree with the 5.  Rubio is the wild card. Hard to project 18 year olds stats versus grown men. Some people say his stats suck, so he'll be garbage, but the age difference is a major factor. I went to DePaul University in Chicago and I remember Tommy Kleinschmidt who had just graduated playing one on one versus Quentin Richardson and he repeatedly killed Q. I'm pretty sure a year or 2 later Richardson, would have destroyed Kleinschmidt. So, I wouldn't read too much into Rubio's poor stats. He'll probably be a completely different 9better0 player at 20 or 21.