Author Topic: laker game 2/1/24  (Read 2734 times)

laker game 2/1/24
« on: February 01, 2024, 10:02:35 PM »

Offline afrascione

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
what a disgrace on national tv. a bunch of fakes. they need to stop reading their press clippings. i hope they remember this game all season.

Re: laker game 2/1/24
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 10:16:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 980
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Utter garbage of a performance.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 01:43:39 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
In my country, for this kind of loss, an apology-statement is obliged on all official club's social network sites. By players and coaches... Such a disgrace. We're talkin about Lakers man.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 08:04:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 980
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
In my country, for this kind of loss, an apology-statement is obliged on all official club's social network sites. By players and coaches... Such a disgrace. We're talkin about Lakers man.
Great idea. You know they are not refunding the tickets.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 08:53:04 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I kept my anger under control from the game, but hearing Reggie and Kevin applaud Lebron and AD for being great teammates for not completely spacing out on the sidelines after they both abandoned their teammates by ducking us, trying to avoid embarrassment… and their minions beat us and make them look good? Infuriating!

Guarantee Lebron/AD suit up vs the Knicks, and Knicks win.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 09:16:58 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I've been racking my brain yesterday to come up with a worse regular season loss during the Brown/Tatum era?
Only one that has come to mind is the Lakers game for Pierce's retirement, but at least lebron was playing that night.

Last night was an absolute joke, the entire team was checked out minus Hauser.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 04:57:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
I've been racking my brain yesterday to come up with a worse regular season loss during the Brown/Tatum era?
Only one that has come to mind is the Lakers game for Pierce's retirement, but at least lebron was playing that night.

Last night was an absolute joke, the entire team was checked out minus Hauser.

LeBron was still with the Cavs that night. But that was OK or lessened the blow since it was the Cavs and not the Lakers.

Still, hate losing to LeBron.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Kristaps Porzingis: "This is the NBA. This is almost like a script. You’re going to lose this type of game and fans are going to think it’s the end of the world, and we lost to the Lakers without AD and LeBron, like, end of the season. Boom. Done. But it’s just a loss. It’s just a loss which we have to learn from. And which we will. We’re going to get a couple days rest which I think a lot of guys especially will be really useful for and we bounce back hungry and full energy.”

https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/1753265394440126816
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 05:26:43 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
Kristaps Porzingis: "This is the NBA. This is almost like a script. You’re going to lose this type of game and fans are going to think it’s the end of the world, and we lost to the Lakers without AD and LeBron, like, end of the season. Boom. Done. But it’s just a loss. It’s just a loss which we have to learn from. And which we will. We’re going to get a couple days rest which I think a lot of guys especially will be really useful for and we bounce back hungry and full energy.”

It's one loss after a lousy effort. I predict that they will win 5 or 6 of their next 7 games before facing bigger challenges in NY and Philly. It was an ugly loss.

Do people expect that talented teams don't have ugly losses ? That seems unrealistic to me.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2024, 05:32:54 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

It's one loss after a lousy effort. I predict that they will win 5 or 6 of their next 7 games before facing bigger challenges in NY and Philly. It was an ugly loss.

Do people expect that talented teams don't have ugly losses ? That seems unrealistic to me.

Yup.  It happens to the best of them. I remember the '07-08 team had an absolutely atrocious home loss to the Charlotte Bobcats that season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2024, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Laker fans in shock

They have better result without their two best players. ….100 million for what?

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2024, 02:57:00 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
This is about as good a Celtics team as I've seen since the days of Ed Macauley. That was before Russell and all the great teams that followed.
What that means is they sure as heck better win the Championship this year, or there will be coaching changes made.

Maybe the problem with this team is they haven't played in the era of the great Celtics-Lakers rivalries. Bird vs Magic. Havlicek vs West, etc.
Maybe the coach doesn't know how to light their fire.

I don't know, but that loss at home to the Lakers sans Lebron and Davis was pretty embarrassing for a team that should win a Championship.

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2024, 04:15:08 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1692
I would encourage people to look up the '86 Celtics on Basketball Reference and take a peek at a few of their losses.  They had a stretch where they lost four out of six.  Went 2-2 against the 39-43 Nets.  Dropped one to the 29-win Cavs, dropped one to the 26-win Pacers. 

S*** happens!  Even to great teams.  Long seasons have peaks and valleys, we're in one of the latter right now, but come playoff time we'll be one of the teams with a chance.  So relax a little.

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2024, 08:05:59 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 739
It's the fact that it was one of our biggest rivals that bothers me.
Lakers, 76ers, Knicks, a Celtics team should always be focused for those games.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 08:49:35 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 604
I would encourage people to look up the '86 Celtics on Basketball Reference and take a peek at a few of their losses.  They had a stretch where they lost four out of six.  Went 2-2 against the 39-43 Nets.  Dropped one to the 29-win Cavs, dropped one to the 26-win Pacers. 

S*** happens!  Even to great teams.  Long seasons have peaks and valleys, we're in one of the latter right now, but come playoff time we'll be one of the teams with a chance.  So relax a little.

Hard to compare because that core already won a couple titles and those losses didn't give people a worry they were falling into bad habits.
Still don't believe in Joe.