Author Topic: 2020 Red Sox Thread  (Read 81607 times)

Re: 2019 Red Sox Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2019, 11:19:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Baseball is truly a funny game.

Red Sox enter tonight at 6-13 (worst in AL), and they just beat the best team in the majors (Tampa) on the road 6-4  :P  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2019, 11:22:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Red Sox enter tonight at 6-13 (worst in AL), and they just beat the best team in the majors (Tampa) on the road 6-4  :P  ;D

Glad to hear it.

I know Mookie and Moreland went back to back in the 7th inning.

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Yeah, I am going to a couple of the games this weekend in St. Pete. I was very excited about this three weeks ago, but now I am totally worried about it. Man, a 3-game sweep sure would be nice, wouldn't it?  :laugh:

Were you at the game tonight? Good win!

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Can't wait till Patriots football is back. Gotta bring home another championship.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2019, 11:24:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Glad to hear it.

Yeah that was big. We were up 4-2 but then after a Devers misplay on defense, the Rays tied it up and were still threatening. Fortunately Workman came in, got the outs and kept it 4-4.

This was a game we really needed and it felt like everyone stepped up. It felt like it could be "one of those games" again where we blow a lead and lose, but they didn't quit. Nice to see Betts break out of his slump, and hopefully this is a sign of things to come  :)

Can't wait till Patriots football is back. Gotta bring home another championship.

Yep, that'll be the 6th Boston Sports title since October 2018  ;)  :laugh:

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2019, 11:28:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Glad to hear it.

Yeah that was big. We were up 4-2 but then after a Devers misplay on defense, the Rays tied it up and were still threatening. Fortunately Workman came in, got the outs and kept it 4-4.

This was a game we really needed and it felt like everyone stepped up. It felt like it could be "one of those games" again where we blow a lead and lose, but they didn't quit. Nice to see Betts break out of his slump, and hopefully this is a sign of things to come  :)

I sure hope so! Mookie is our best player and we need him at his best. I am not a huge fan of Devers. Something about him strikes me as lazy. I wonder if they called up that Chavis kid to sorta hold Devers feet to the fire. He keeps making error after error at 3rd base. As for Workman, he needed to redeem himself after that awful outing in New York.

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I am going to a couple of the games this weekend in St. Pete. I was very excited about this three weeks ago, but now I am totally worried about it. Man, a 3-game sweep sure would be nice, wouldn't it?  :laugh:
Lived in St Pete a few years. Loved being able to go there, pay $18 for a horrible seat and move down to the first base line in box seats because no one is in the place. The Trop sucks as a baseball park but they have that cool Ted Williams Hitters HOF, which for anyone that hasn't seen it, is an awesome take. Also, Ferg's, right outside the park, is a great indoor/outdoor bar for before and after the game.

Didn't go tonight (too busy wit the Cs) - but going over the weekend. Live in Orlando most of the time, but get over to Tampa/St. Pete quite a bit. Ferg's is great (they opened one in downtown Orlando for a couple of years - incredible venue - but it never quite caught on). I am not sure when you lived there, but the place has absolutely exploded - especially the arts scene. 'Raybor' (the Rays push to move to Ybor City in Tampa) fever was intense for a while there until the owner said he would not pay for any part of a new stadium. The Trop is 'okay', but doesn't really fit into what St. Pete is trying to do and they can't draw on the Orlando market at all. Hopefully Raybor City gains traction again.

Have fun! And yeah I'll be honest, I think our best hope is to simply avoid getting swept this series.  :P

I'd absolutely love to be wrong and for the Sox to finally show up, but I've been waiting for a while now and until I see it, I won't get my hopes up. There's still plenty of time in the season but we're also 8 games back in the division and in danger of making the deficit 12+ games as we play Tampa 6 times in the next 10 games.

Thanks, Phantom! One down, two to go. There's always a chance!

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Glad to hear it.

I sure hope so! Mookie is our best player and we need him at his best. I am not a huge fan of Devers. Something about him strikes me as lazy. I wonder if they called up that Chavis kid to sorta hold Devers feet to the fire. He keeps making error after error at 3rd base. As for Workman, he needed to redeem himself after that awful outing in New York.

Yeah, the bullpen has been fantastic so far this season but the last few games had rough outings. With that said, the top-3 of Workman/Brasier/Barnes stepped up big time with 3.2 scoreless innings and preserved the lead to the end.

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2019, 11:33:52 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Glad to hear it.

Yeah, the bullpen has been fantastic so far this season but the last few games had rough outings. With that said, the top-3 of Workman/Brasier/Barnes stepped up big time with 3.2 scoreless innings and preserved the lead to the end.

Gotta give Dombrowski credit for Braiser. Was a non-roster invite in 2018 spring training after playing in Japan and now he's basically our closer (along with Barnes.)

We still need another reliever though. I am hoping they'll acquire another one as the season goes on.

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2019, 11:38:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Lived in St Pete a few years. Loved being able to go there, pay $18 for a horrible seat and move down to the first base line in box seats because no one is in the place. The Trop sucks as a baseball park but they have that cool Ted Williams Hitters HOF, which for anyone that hasn't seen it, is an awesome take. Also, Ferg's, right outside the park, is a great indoor/outdoor bar for before and after the game.

Didn't go tonight (too busy wit the Cs) - but going over the weekend. Live in Orlando most of the time, but get over to Tampa/St. Pete quite a bit. Ferg's is great (they opened one in downtown Orlando for a couple of years - incredible venue - but it never quite caught on). I am not sure when you lived there, but the place has absolutely exploded - especially the arts scene. 'Raybor' (the Rays push to move to Ybor City in Tampa) fever was intense for a while there until the owner said he would not pay for any part of a new stadium. The Trop is 'okay', but doesn't really fit into what St. Pete is trying to do and they can't draw on the Orlando market at all. Hopefully Raybor City gains traction again.

« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2019, 06:25:09 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
3 in a row vs Tampa helps a bit. We still have hardly played any home games and I am sure we will have one big winning streak. We will be in playoffs when all is said and done. They really handicapped this team with these brutal road games to start season. 16 so far vs only 6 home. Ridiculous!

Celtics win, Bruins win, and Sox win in 11! Trifecta is complete before GOT tonight.

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2019, 06:26:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
3 in a row vs Tampa helps a bit. We still have hardly played any home games and I am sure we will have one big winning streak. We will be in playoffs when all is said and done. They really handicapped this team with these brutal road games to start season.

Celtics win, Bruins win, and Sox win in 11! Trifecta is complete before GOT tonight.
What a perfect day.

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2019, 06:29:24 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
3 in a row vs Tampa helps a bit. We still have hardly played any home games and I am sure we will have one big winning streak. We will be in playoffs when all is said and done. They really handicapped this team with these brutal road games to start season.

What a perfect day.

Absolutely, for Boston sports it sure was. If only the rest of the world would have had no bad news today. Seeing the news in Sri Lanka is sickening.

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
3 in a row vs Tampa helps a bit. We still have hardly played any home games and I am sure we will have one big winning streak. We will be in playoffs when all is said and done. They really handicapped this team with these brutal road games to start season. 16 so far vs only 6 home. Ridiculous!

Yes!! Get to watch GoT in a pleasant mood  :angel:

The SL news sucked though  :( I have friends from Colombo who live in Canada now, they spent a few hours trying to track down extended family over there, thankfully everyone was ok.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2019, 06:34:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Great series. If one only watched this series, you would think the Sox are going strong. Hopefully they can carry this momentum for a while and move up the division standings. Also, it really is amazing just how many fans in the Trop are Sox fans. I always know this going in, but it really does feel like a home game.