Author Topic: NY-Cle Trade Idea  (Read 2228 times)

NY-Cle Trade Idea
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:36:19 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Since Cle is in a trading mood and NY is always trying to dump, how about Randolph for Ben Wallace.  NY saves a year of salary and Cle gets more of a scorer.  Both are over paid and both have major holes but I actually think Randolph could help Cleveland (not that I am trying to help Cle) and I don't think NY is going to do much better than that in dumping Randolph.

Re: NY-Cle Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 12:48:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't know, Randolph and Ilgauskas is a pretty weak front line defensively.  And the character issues might be too much.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Bad move for Cleveland.  The interior defense is one of the reasons they are good.  Add Randolph, and that's gone.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't like the fit of Randolph in Cleveland either. I can't help but think that offense would irritate him, and when Zach gets irritated bad shots start going up and when he isn't scoring lousy effort happens elsewhere.

I'm not against Zach joining a quality team, there's a couple that I think he could help (Detroit) but I'm very doubtful about how he'd perform with the Cavs.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am hoping somehow he is the next big name that ends up in Europe, and completely sour those teams to NBA players.    ;D