Author Topic: Buddy Hield ignoring coach’s phone calls. Kings not concerned  (Read 4647 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-unconcerned-buddy-hields-offseason-frustrations

The Sacramento Kings are not concerned by a lack of communication between the team and Buddy Hield, sources told James Ham of NBC Sports Bay Area.

Hield has not been answering Luke Walton's calls, according to The Athletic. Hield was moved to the bench earlier this season, and felt like he was being blamed for his team's struggles.

The Kings are unconcerned by the situation because it's the offseason, and due to Hield's hardworking nature. The team expects Hield to be ready for the start of training camp.

The 27-year-old signed a four-year, $94 million contract extension at the beginning of the season.

Ham adds that the Kings will only move on from Hield if they get full value in return.

“Y’all know me. Y’all know how I talk, y’all know how I feel with all the stuff. Y’all can read me well, so I’ll let y’all answer that for yourselves," said Hield after the King's final game in the Orlando bubble.

Re: Buddy Hield ignoring coach’s phone calls. Kings not concerned
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 02:57:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
What pieces of ours will it take to obtain Buddy Hield since he doesn't seem happy to be in Sacramento now?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 03:36:36 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
What pieces of ours will it take to obtain Buddy Hield since he doesn't seem happy to be in Sacramento now?

We could (telling you what's possible, not what's realistic):

• Trade Gordon for Buddy - Gordon would have to opt in, and presumably if we are thinking of trading him after he opts in Danny would probably need to tell him like he did Baynes, and Gordon would presumably have to be ok with the trade otherwise he might not opt in. So Danny would have to be convinced, and Gordon would have to be convinced that it's the right move. Likewise, Danny could play hardball and ask for another piece to come back to even out the salaries more, but Monte might decide that if we're giving up Gordon that we're desperate and try to play even harder ball. Projected increase in wins: -9. With Bjelica added to the trade the projected wins improves to -3.
  • Trade Kemba for Buddy - we could do a straight up trade or ask for another piece to come back, one of the many players they have between $1 and $5m like Parker, Bjelica or Len. Whether Danny would be willing to trade Kemba for Buddy would be a topic of discussion. Also, Monte McNair may not want to give up additional pieces, which would swing the value of the trade in their favor. But at least we don't have to convince Kemba, we could ship him there tomorrow if Monte agrees. Projected increase in wins: -9. With Bjelica added to the trade the projected wins improves to -3.
  • Trade Smart, Kanter and either Poirier or Langford for Buddy - Kanter would have to opt in and the conditions with Gordon above would also apply to Kanter. The question also arises as to whether anyone would want Poirier. I guess it would be Danny's job to convince them. Projected increase in wins: -12.
  • Trade Smart, Theis, Poirier and Langford for Buddy and Richaun Holmes - to replace Theis we would get Holmes who is 2 inches taller but weighs 10 pounds less. Poirier and Langford would both be needed to make up the salaries. Projected increase in wins: -9.
  • Trade Jaylen for Buddy - Danny would have to go back on his pick in the 2016 draft, when he picked Jaylen ahead of Buddy. It would work salary wise though. Projected increase in wins: -6.

Projected wins/losses and trade viability obtained from www.tradenba.com

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 03:45:28 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 04:00:58 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/kings/source-kings-unconcerned-buddy-hields-offseason-frustrations

The Sacramento Kings are not concerned by a lack of communication between the team and Buddy Hield, sources told James Ham of NBC Sports Bay Area.

Hield has not been answering Luke Walton's calls, according to The Athletic. Hield was moved to the bench earlier this season, and felt like he was being blamed for his team's struggles.

The Kings are unconcerned by the situation because it's the offseason, and due to Hield's hardworking nature. The team expects Hield to be ready for the start of training camp.

The 27-year-old signed a four-year, $94 million contract extension at the beginning of the season.

Ham adds that the Kings will only move on from Hield if they get full value in return.

“Y’all know me. Y’all know how I talk, y’all know how I feel with all the stuff. Y’all can read me well, so I’ll let y’all answer that for yourselves," said Hield after the King's final game in the Orlando
bubble.

I don’t think we can win a title with Kemba as our point guard but Buddy Hield would be a step backwards, what championship winning player firstly behaves like this? Secondly his defence isn’t up to scratch to be a starter on a championship winning team and that is what he wants. If hypothetical he was content with a 6th man role he would be a valuable piece, if that was the case moving Smart for him could be worth looking into.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 05:59:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I want no part of Buddy regardless of who the coach is he’s not speaking to.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 07:56:08 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I think Hield is going to Philly. It’s only a matter of how many draft picks they have to attach to Al’s albatross of a contract to make it happen 

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 09:00:38 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Why would Hield take Luke Walton's calls?

Walton has treated him like garbage. Hield needs to stand up for himself. He is the best player on that Kings team and the way his coach is handling him is disgraceful.

Hield needs to force his way out of Sacramento. He has been too kind to Walton to the point of being a pushover and letting Walton walk all over him. Floor mat.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2020, 09:02:48 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I think Hield is going to Philly. It’s only a matter of how many draft picks they have to attach to Al’s albatross of a contract to make it happen

I liked that Tobias Harris for Buddy Hield based idea. I could see that working for Sacramento.

G: D.Fox
G: Bogdanovic
F: H.Barnes
F: T.Harris
C: Marvin Bagley

That is a pretty good team. A lot more balanced than it is now with Bogdanovic and Hield getting in one another's way.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 09:44:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
 Hield will be interesting to follow he is a flawed player but shoots the lights out.  I cant see him as a celtic but a few spots that could make sense

Hield and #12 to Minn for #1,

Sac, the logical thing would be to take the gamble on Edwards and hope he reaches his ceiling and forms a great backcourt pairing with Fox. I could also see them taking Wiseman at #1.
  Minn, Hield fits their need to win now to keep KAT happy. While the D is a problem Russell, Hield and KAT will be a tough offensive core to match up with. The inclusion of the #12 pick also helps them add bench talent as they would have #12 and #17.

Hield to the Pacers for Oladipo

Sac, gamble trade because they likely loose Oladipo after the season but why not? If healthy he is a major upgrade and if the team has success maybe he stays.
 Pacers, if they go the route of building around Sabonis Hield gives them nice offensive pop. They likely have better options but this could at least be on the table.

Hield to Wizards for #9 S&T CJ Miles and Jerome Robinson

Sac, #9 pick for a disgruntle player seems like a solid move. With picks #9 and #12 the Kings should be able to add two nice young players to their roster. Just looking at Tanathons mock they would get Haliburton and Achiuwa.
  Wizards, its a bit of an odd fit but Beal with 80% healthy Wall, Hield and Bertans would be a tough offense to match up with. In the east that should be enough to make the playoffs.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 09:59:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I liked that Tobias Harris for Buddy Hield based idea. I could see that working for Sacramento.

That is a pretty good team. A lot more balanced than it is now with Bogdanovic and Hield getting in one another's way.
That's actually not bad for either team.  I think Sac could argue they should get a little more from Philly in the deal but that's not an unfair swap for those teams.  not sure Sac gets any better on the court simply because I don't think Tobias Harris contributes to a winning team but it may help in the locker room and hopefully Sac finagles a first from Philly for some asset equity

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Hield is signed for 4 years on a pretty fair $94M contract. He and the Kings may not be getting along, but SAC can do a lot better than Horford. They should take their time and shop around for the best deal - no reason to totally bail out PHI - despite their fans' desperate pleas to make this happen.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 11:14:25 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

That's actually not bad for either team.  I think Sac could argue they should get a little more from Philly in the deal but that's not an unfair swap for those teams.  not sure Sac gets any better on the court simply because I don't think Tobias Harris contributes to a winning team but it may help in the locker room and hopefully Sac finagles a first from Philly for some asset equity
Imo, it's a horrible trade for the Kings. Tobias is massively overpaid. He is a negative trade asset. Buddy is one of the best shooters around the league, plus he's on a team friendly contract till 2024. He's a positive trade asset. I bet the Kings would never trade Buddy straight up for Tobi. At the very least, they'd ask for pick(s)/prospects(=Thybulle). Not sure whether Philly would be willing to do that deal.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't do the deal irrespective of whether the Sixers are willing to throw in picks/prospects. Tobi's contract is one of the worst contracts in the NBA.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 11:54:43 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Imo, it's a horrible trade for the Kings. Tobias is massively overpaid. He is a negative trade asset. Buddy is one of the best shooters around the league, plus he's on a team friendly contract till 2024. He's a positive trade asset. If I were the Kings, I would never trade Buddy straight up for Tobi. At the very least, I'd ask for pick(s)+Thybulle. Not sure whether Philly would be willing to do that deal.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't do the deal irrespective of whether the Sixers are willing to throw in picks/prospects. Tobi's contract is one of the worst contracts in the NBA.
Harris' contract is definitely problematic which is why Sac needs more coming their way.  The only reason Sac pulls the trigger is if Hield absolutely needs to go. 

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Imo, it's a horrible trade for the Kings. Tobias is massively overpaid. He is a negative trade asset. Buddy is one of the best shooters around the league, plus he's on a team friendly contract till 2024. He's a positive trade asset. I bet the Kings would never trade Buddy straight up for Tobi. At the very least, they'd ask for pick(s)/prospects(=Thybulle). Not sure whether Philly would be willing to do that deal.

If the Kings could squeeze Milton and Thybulle in, and send Cory Joseph back to Philly, it might be worth doing. Get a legitimate 20/7/3 power wing (even with his bad defence), and two young promising bench players. If Bagley could stay healthy that team could make the playoffs I think, if Walton has any idea what he's doing. I don't mind a rotation of:

Fox / Milton / Ferrell
Bogdanovic / Thybulle / James
Barnes / Parker
Harris / Bjelica
Bagley / Holmes

It might struggle with perimeter defence for quick 2 guards, but that's why if I were them I'd push for Thybulle hard.

It's not the deal I'd do for Hield if I were Sac town, but it's not the absolute worst. If I were Sacramento I'd rather Tobi over Horford
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 06:27:17 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'll be honest, I could definitely be persuaded into a Gordon-for-Hield trade. I really Hield as a 3pt shooter. However, I'd only do this trade if Tatum's progression as a passer we saw in the bubble is legit. If you replace Gordon with Hield, we now have 3 wings who are very suspect playmakers, and I don't think that's a recipe for success.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum