Author Topic: Are You Going To Watch The Finals?  (Read 3307 times)

Re: Are You Going To Watch The Finals?
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 06:26:54 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
No.

I feel like the Bubble is rigged - a marketing ploy to recover revenue losses from the Covid-19 effect.

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 06:49:41 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
No way
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 09:09:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
when the Celtic's season ends, the NBA season ends for me.  don't care who wins the title as long as it's not the Lakers but seems it's inevitable this year

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 09:14:33 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I may tune in just to check the score, but I'm not going to actually watch the games.

Being that the series started last night, I started my October horror movie marathon a day early. Because I started early, I went with an unconventional horror with Brightburn. I'm a huge fan of comic book and horror movies, and Brightburn is the perfect blend.

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No.

I feel like the Bubble is rigged - a marketing ploy to recover revenue losses from the Covid-19 effect.

If the bubble was rigged and the NBA wanted to really cash in, there's far more interesting storylines to pursue: we would've had the LA vs. LA conference finals. Milwaukee would never have been eliminated by Miami. Another Lakers/Celtics finals or Greek Freak vs. Lebron or Kawhi would be a bigger marketing boon than this.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2020, 09:49:34 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Not a single second. Watching Lebron sweep the Heat is the last thing on my to do list.

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2020, 10:15:07 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
It's rigged because it's the "Kobe, this is for you" storyline.

And also because they get a "LeBron facing his old team, where he won his first two rings and how it all began- the road to success and being the best"

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's rigged because it's the "Kobe, this is for you" storyline.

And also because they get a "LeBron facing his old team, where he won his first two rings and how it all began- the road to success and being the best"

Again, those are kinda boring considering the alternatives. Lakers vs. Clippers in the battle of LA has pretty much been touted since last offseason. If things were really rigged, no way Denver upsets that. And again, if it's "star player vs. old team" as the preferred route, Clippers vs. Raptors were right there too. Lebron proving his dominance over a back-to-back MVP who also got the DPOY he never has in Giannis or even "Lebron beats Celtics to tie Lakers in banners" if it's about doing it for Kobe.

I just think if they're rigging it, they're not doing that interesting of a job.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
No, I am not going to watch, but congrats to the Lakers on their eminent victory.

I am very bitter about it, but I'm not going to act like they haven't earned this.

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I jinxed it but injuries happen and lakers role players hit every shot.
Things will be different the next couple games but it’s an uphill battle for the heat.

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2020, 11:50:22 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No, I am not going to watch, but congrats to the Lakers on their eminent victory.

I am very bitter about it, but I'm not going to act like they haven't earned this.

I definitely agree that LeBron and AD and the rest of the players on that roster have earned it.  As frustrating as it is that it feels like they've never been challenged on this run, and as much as I think the roster apart from the two stars is a bunch of has-beens and fringe players, they are a really tough, difficult to beat group.  They're a big team without a ton of outside shooting in an era of perimeter play and it's impressive that they're having such success.

That said, I will never agree that the Lakers franchise / management have done anything to earn this.  LeBron decided to go to the Lakers because he wanted to live in LA.  Then his people, Klutch, extorted Anthony Davis from the Pelicans.  We all know as well that Bron basically hand picks the role players that end up on the roster around him.  It's a franchise with comically bad management characterized by hubris and nepotism that have the great fortune of a brand with a history of excellence and being located in LA.

As for the Lakers fans, they had to live through some crappy seasons on the tail end of Kobe's career and then leading up to Bron finally signing with them.  But they still haven't had to actually deal with their team rebuilding and organically growing into a contender.  Still the most entitled fan base in the NBA.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2020, 12:09:41 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Didn't watch a minute of last night and probably won't watch any of the upcoming games.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2020, 12:12:13 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
None of it!  Not worth my time, because I'm very busy doing nothing of substance.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain