Author Topic: Lakers complain about Lebron’s lack of free throws  (Read 2386 times)

Lakers complain about Lebron’s lack of free throws
« on: September 24, 2020, 07:19:45 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

Re: Lakers complain about Lebron’s lack of free throws
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 07:42:56 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Is Phil Jackson coaching them again?

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:54:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
LOL

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Here's my response to LeBum and the Fakers:

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 08:35:25 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
The Lebron lackeys and the Fakers fans is a strong alliance indeed.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 09:15:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This is unbelievable. I wonder how the NBA would react.

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-isnt-getting-enough-free-throws-lakers-lodge-complaint-with-nba-over-officiating/

Good for the Lakers. The Celtics is about the only team that gets worked by the referees and you do not hear a word of complaint from their boys scout coach. Who really needs a legitimate NBA assistant coach at his side. Maybe it is time to bring in a legit ex-player with coaching experience to help Stevens out. His boy scout demeanor and over dependence on analytics aint gonna get you a chip.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:52 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-isnt-getting-enough-free-throws-lakers-lodge-complaint-with-nba-over-officiating/

Good for the Lakers. The Celtics is about the only team that gets worked by the referees and you do not hear a word of complaint from their boys scout coach. Who really needs a legitimate NBA assistant coach at his side. Maybe it is time to bring in a legit ex-player with coaching experience to help Stevens out. His boy scout demeanor and over dependence on analytics aint gonna get you a chip.
Any league that rewards this type of behavior is a league I don't want to be a fan of.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 09:30:54 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Any league that rewards this type of behavior is a league I don't want to be a fan of.

Well put, TP

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 10:45:02 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

A league that rewards referee complaints, gives stars favorable calls, or encourages teams to hire competent coaches?

You may want to find another league because what I describe is the NBA.?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:55:36 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I said it in the 'playoffs' thread last night, but there was once instance last night regarding this topic that was truly hilarious. Lebron had just taken the ball to the hoop and a ref blew his whistle indicating that he was fouled. Rather than be satisfied that he was indeed rewarded with FTs, he immediately approached one of the other refs and began complaining that he should have also blown the whistle for a foul. It was the definition of entitlement. Hopefully one day [our future superstar] Tatum gets that level of respect from the refs.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:26 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
So after they do that, Lebron gets 14 FTs and multiple Nuggets players get in foul trouble during the game  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
There's a reason I started a thread called "Denver can't beat the refs" after game 1.  This crap.

I liked Mike Malone's comments after the game.  He mentioned the free throw disparity and stated that maybe his team will "go through the proper channels as the Lakers did..." to try to rectify the situation.  It was beautiful sarcasm.  I may not have got the quote exactly right.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 12:51:57 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
LeBron and Davis each took 14 FTs, resulting in 24 points out of a total of 60 points for the two.  Total, LAL had 35 FTs, Denver 23 FTs but the total number of fouls was 28 for Denver and 25 for LAL.  The Lakers just got a lot more FTs out of the fouls on them.

As to the Lakers complaining about the Refs., they were just gaming it in case Denver complained.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 01:35:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I said it in the 'playoffs' thread last night, but there was once instance last night regarding this topic that was truly hilarious. Lebron had just taken the ball to the hoop and a ref blew his whistle indicating that he was fouled. Rather than be satisfied that he was indeed rewarded with FTs, he immediately approached one of the other refs and began complaining that he should have also blown the whistle for a foul. It was the definition of entitlement. Hopefully one day [our future superstar] Tatum gets that level of respect from the refs.

Does he also get upset if the refs don't blow the whistle emphatically enough?
Yup