Author Topic: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers  (Read 8700 times)

Re: Prediction: Nuggets vs Lakers
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2020, 12:09:04 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

That's not happening lol. Not a third team in a row. LeBron's teams don't fold like that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2020, 05:19:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

That's not happening lol. Not a third team in a row. LeBron's teams don't fold like that.
I really do admire how much you leap to the defence of the Lakers on every single post
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2020, 06:17:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Got to have big men to win..Davis and Howard prove that tonight..Hope Ainge paying attention that 3 point ball is good but still need size to win
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2020, 10:01:41 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

I really do admire how much you leap to the defence of the Lakers on every single post

No I hate them as much as the next Celtics fan, but I mean it is true, the Clippers and Jazz don't have that killer mentality in the playoffs that LeBron has

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2020, 10:31:52 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

No I hate them as much as the next Celtics fan, but I mean it is true, the Clippers and Jazz don't have that killer mentality in the playoffs that LeBron has

That's funny considering you've been licking their proverbial buttocks all season long.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Got to have big men to win..Davis and Howard prove that tonight..Hope Ainge paying attention that 3 point ball is good but still need size to win

Yeah we need BIGS. Not winning anything until we get some BIGS that can actually play.

« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Down 1-3, Nuggets got Lakers right where they want them lol
- LilRip

« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

of course they won't, with all the cryin to the refs about lack of foul calls

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2020, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's disappointing that the Lakers are probably gonna cruise to another series win.  I sure hope the Heat blow their doors off.

Am I just a hater for thinking this Lakers team isnt' very good?  Apart from Bron and AD it's a bunch of mostly washed up vets.  Their third best player is ... Rondo? Danny Green? KCP?

I think if this Lakers team wins the title that tells you this was a weak NBA season in terms of contending teams.  That's a pretty weak roster compared to other title winners, albeit they have two very good players at the top.

What was the last title winner with a 3rd best player as mediocre as whoever fits that description on this Lakers team?

The Cavs in 2015 were 2 games away from winning the title.  That's the most recent Finals loser I can think of with a comparably weak roster. 

I guess you could look at the 09 and 10 Lakers who had Lamar Odom and MWP as their third best guys.  But I think those guys are still better than anyone on the supporting cast of this Lakers team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2020, 02:19:22 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
It's disappointing that the Lakers are probably gonna cruise to another series win.  I sure hope the Heat blow their doors off.

Am I just a hater for thinking this Lakers team isnt' very good?  Apart from Bron and AD it's a bunch of mostly washed up vets.  Their third best player is ... Rondo? Danny Green? KCP?

I think if this Lakers team wins the title that tells you this was a weak NBA season in terms of contending teams.  That's a pretty weak roster compared to other title winners, albeit they have two very good players at the top.

What was the last title winner with a 3rd best player as mediocre as whoever fits that description on this Lakers team?

The Cavs in 2015 were 2 games away from winning the title.  That's the most recent Finals loser I can think of with a comparably weak roster. 

I guess you could look at the 09 and 10 Lakers who had Lamar Odom and MWP as their third best guys.  But I think those guys are still better than anyone on the supporting cast of this Lakers team.

Not only was Odom better but he was perfect in the role he was given.  A very talented player who probably wasn't able mentally to be the number one player on a championship level team.  I'm still mad they didn't have to give him up to get Gasol.

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Something which also plays a big part is some of the matchups - I fully believe the Clippers and Bucks would own them,  they just met their kryptonite earlier in the playoffs. But yes, I think they are one of the weakest Final teams ever. Which other team comes to mind? Maybe the 2001 76ers.

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah the 2007 Cavaliers roster has got to be the weakest team to make the Finals in the last couple of decades, I think.  Ilgauskas, Gooden, Hughes was the supporting cast. 

It's a testament to LeBron that he's made the Finals so many times with a weak roster around him.

Of course, it helps to have the game called under a different set of rules for you .... but that doesn't invalidate what he's done, even if it's frustrating.

I just can't accept that this NBA season, which despite the shutdown and the weird bubble has been entertaining and has featured a really long list of competitive, fun teams, could end up with this Lakers team being the winner.

I especially detest this version of the Lakers because of the way they were constructed.  Basically, "LeBron and AD and who the heck cares who else is on the roster, lol."  The idea that building a team that way could still result in a title makes basketball seem like a much less interesting and complicated sport than I want to believe it is.

Not to mention the way Klutch extorted various teams, agents, players etc to engineer Bron and AD ending up on the Lakers.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2020, 06:18:15 PM »

Offline designmao

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Yeah the 2007 Cavaliers roster has got to be the weakest team to make the Finals in the last couple of decades, I think.  Ilgauskas, Gooden, Hughes was the supporting cast. 

It's a testament to LeBron that he's made the Finals so many times with a weak roster around him.

Of course, it helps to have the game called under a different set of rules for you .... but that doesn't invalidate what he's done, even if it's frustrating.

I just can't accept that this NBA season, which despite the shutdown and the weird bubble has been entertaining and has featured a really long list of competitive, fun teams, could end up with this Lakers team being the winner.

I especially detest this version of the Lakers because of the way they were constructed.  Basically, "LeBron and AD and who the heck cares who else is on the roster, lol."  The idea that building a team that way could still result in a title makes basketball seem like a much less interesting and complicated sport than I want to believe it is.

Not to mention the way Klutch extorted various teams, agents, players etc to engineer Bron and AD ending up on the Lakers.

However the team was constructed, they've been one of the top teams in defense this year. Credit to Vogel's system and for the players willingness to buy-in.

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2020, 06:25:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
3-1 again??  ;D

Nuggets built for this

Yeah, Kawhi Leonard is after all a routine playoff no-show right? ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)