Author Topic: Official Euro 2008 Thread  (Read 88119 times)

Re: Official Euro 2008 Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
I missed most of the Italy match. Did they repeat their poor performance? They looked a bit better going forward except for the final third from the final 25 minutes or so I saw.

who,

I'll comply with my patriotic duty and I'll abstain from comments on Scolari and why you are wrong to be happy about your club hiring the guy until the end of tournament. Now, if you sign Deco, that it's something you can be happy about.

---------

I'll hold you to that, interested in your thoughts.

As for Deco, I don't want Deco at Chelsea. We have enough players that play in that position. He's an incredible player though.

« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 02:58:54 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I missed most of the Italy match. Did they repeat their poor performance? They looked a bit better going forward except for the final third from the final 25 minutes or so I saw.

who,

I'll comply with my patriotic duty and I'll abstain from comments on Scolari and why you are wrong to be happy about your club hiring the guy until the end of tournament. Now, if you sign Deco, that it's something you can be happy about.

---------

I'll hold you to that, interested in your thoughts.

As for Deco, I don't want Deco at Chelsea. We have enough players that play in that position. He's an incredible player though.

1 - yeah, italy were poor. better going forward but no end product. what a game italy-france shapes up to be, especially with the dutch 1-0 up against the french right now.

2 - deco at chelsea would be ridiculous especially as you have superior players there. (by the way, very surprised by your choice of lampard over ballack.)

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
very disappointed with france. at this rate romania going through is a genuine possibility.

big news for you here, who.

deco signs for chelsea.

« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2008, 03:50:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
very disappointed with france. at this rate romania going through is a genuine possibility.

deco signs for chelsea.
Aww ... haha .. you've got to be kidding. I just love how we keep signing central midfielders! We need to sell somebody. It's problematic to have so many quality players in the same position. I take everything back, Welcome to Club Deco  ;D

Ah well, he's a fantastic little player. He'll add some more creativity to the team. I love watching him play so I'll enjoy his football at Chelsea.

I'm happy enough but please can we sign a pair of wingers?

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

deco signs for chelsea.
Aww ... haha .. you've got to be kidding. I just love how we keep signing central midfielders! We need to sell somebody. It's problematic to have so many quality players in the same position. I take everything back, Welcome to Club Deco  ;D

Ah well, he's a fantastic little player. He'll add some more creativity to the team. I love watching him play so I'll enjoy his football at Chelsea.

i think deco is a strange signing - maybe someone is leaving (lampard? essien?) then it would make sense.

regardless, deco is a fantastic player and if utilised properly could be great in the chelsea team alongside ballack and essien.

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

deco signs for chelsea.

i think deco is a strange signing - maybe someone is leaving (lampard? essien?) then it would make sense.

regardless, deco is a fantastic player and if utilised properly could be great in the chelsea team alongside ballack and essien.

Yeah my first thought was there must be a good chance Lampard leaves for Inter Milan. I wouldn't be surprised at that.

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2008, 04:02:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
France just got spanked for not getting that goal during their good period of play

« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2008, 04:16:29 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
1 - yeah, italy were poor. better going forward but no end product. what a game italy-france shapes up to be, especially with the dutch 1-0 up against the french right now.

2 - deco at chelsea would be ridiculous especially as you have superior players there. (by the way, very surprised by your choice of lampard over ballack.)

1 - I´ve seen only the last 5 minutes of the Italy team, but France looks dead. They´re done for the tourney. I guess it´s time to rebuild around Ribery, imo.
Congratulations, Holland, that team looks better from game to game. Impressive...While I wrote this, France made the goal.  ::)...and the 3-1... ;D

2 - He´s a Chelsea fan, I´m not surprised he would pick Lampard over Ballack.
If Lampard leaves, Ballack and Deco will be a formidable duo. Both are great tacticians with high vision, but have different skills on the field. Very Interesting. Bayern wanted to pair Ballack and Deco, too, when they still had Ballack on the team.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

1 - I´ve seen only the last 5 minutes of the Italy team, but France looks dead. They´re done for the tourney. I guess it´s time to rebuild around Ribery, imo.
Congratulations, Holland, that team looks better from game to game. Impressive...While I wrote this, France made the goal.  ::)...and the 3-1... ;D

2 - He´s a Chelsea fan, I´m not surprised he would pick Lampard over Ballack.
If Lampard leaves, Ballack and Deco will be a formidable duo. Both are great tacticians with high vision, but have different skills on the field. Very Interesting. Bayern wanted to pair Ballack and Deco, too, when they still had Ballack on the team.

i remember thinking that at the time it would be the best midfield partnership in europe.

how about this from a chelsea perspective - sell, robben and replace him with malouda. makes no sense.

what an outstanding strike from arjen robben.

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2008, 06:56:03 PM »

Offline DutchHoops

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
for me, germany didn't deserve to lose.

when it comes to the knock-out phase i fully expect germany to get their act together. get jansen out, get gomez out, get kuranyi and borowski in.

regardless of the result, they're still the best team at the tournament, i maintain that.

Can i qoute you on that after we've given France a good whoopin?  I like our chances almost as much as PP and the Green Machine's. Need to win another three though so not not as close as the Celtics are yet but i'm having a ball this week with BOTH my teams tellin the world to go ****** themselves

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:19:15 PM by DutchHoops »

« Reply #100 on: June 14, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
for me, germany didn't deserve to lose.

when it comes to the knock-out phase i fully expect germany to get their act together. get jansen out, get gomez out, get kuranyi and borowski in.

regardless of the result, they're still the best team at the tournament, i maintain that.

Can i qoute you on that after we've given France a good whoopin?  I like our chances almost as much as PP and the Green Machine's. Need to win another three though so not not as close as the Celtics are yet but i'm having a ball this week with BOTH my teams tellin the world to go ****** themselves

i think the netherlands have been the best attacking team this tournament, no doubt. but i still rank them behind germany and portugal in terms of talent. one loss to croatia doesn't make germany a bad team.

netherlands-germany final would be fantastic.

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Spain have looked impressive against the Swedish. Controlling the game and creating some opportunities. The lack of muscle and size hurts a bit but not as large as I expected it would.

Sweden are missing Wilhelmsson. Best player on the flanks and at taking people on and getting balls into the box. Too predictable too one dimensional without him. Big loss. The Ibrahimovic injury just added salt to the wound.

« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:11 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
wow, sucks to be Sweden.

terrible, terrible back line defense....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2008, 01:51:25 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Spain have looked impressive against the Swedish. Controlling the game and creating some opportunities. The lack of muscle and size hurts a bit but not as large as I expected it would.

Sweden are missing Wilhelmsson. Best player on the flanks and at taking people on and getting balls into the box. Too predictable too one dimensional without him. Big loss. The Ibrahimovic injury just added salt to the wound.

yeah but they didn't deserve to concede in the 92nd minute. david villa - what a player! i knew i should have picked him for my euro 2008 dream team >:(

« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

yeah but they didn't deserve to concede in the 92nd minute. villa - what a player! i knew i should have picked him for my euro 2008 dream team >:(
I think Sweden win that game if they had Wilhelmsson and Zlatan for a full 90. They would have supplied that cutting edge.

I don't see their tourney run going far without Wilhelmsson. Too important. Like France losing Ribery, similar values to their teams albeit very different talent levels.