Author Topic: Bulls (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) GAME 7 5/2  (Read 139658 times)

Re: Bulls (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) GAME 7 5/2
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 01:30:36 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Whenever Pierce has been questioned in this series (and in his career for that matter) he has responded in a big way.  Right now everyone is questioning ability, strength and health.  They are questioning his judgement and even saying he is overrated.  Pierce will be on fire tomorrow and I can't wait.  Goodnight Chicago.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:33 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
this threads going to be popping tomorrow, i can just see it 100+ pages one of the biggest game threads everrr

who else will be off a few?? BASS THUMPER? toast potna po' it up  ;D

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
The game of the year (so far I hope ;)

Will KG get some minutes??? :)

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 07:14:31 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
you dnt wana play a close out game at the GAHDEN!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
honestly... i hope this game is over early 4th quarter...i dont have much left

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
TP for the preview FL!

Without a doubt, this is the biggest game of the year because our season is on the line. I'd love to see the Celtics crush the Bulls like they did it last year with Atlanta but this scenario is unlikely. Anyway I'll be fine with a 10+ lead troughout the game and a relaxed 4th quarter because my heart won't resist to an other overtime!

The Celtics need to bring their perfect game tonight because the Bulls are likely to have less pressure than the Celtics, though the Bulls really feel that they should win this series and advance. This is where the experience should make the difference but so far it hasn't in this series, and all my hopes of seeing a blowout have vanished after each game (except game 3).

Boston needs to play smart and Ubuntu. Ray, Rajon (be aggressive and fearless) and Paul must have great games, and BBD and Perkins must do their jobs and avoid foul trouble. The bench MUST help the starters because the combination of Miller and Hinrich is killing our team in this series, it's almost like we're playing with 5 players against 7.

I can't even imagine how shocked and disgusted I would be if the Bulls won this game, I want to see Noah and Miller crying in their arms after the final buzzer, and the Celtics cheering and advancing to the next round. I don't want our team to be remembered as the loser in this hard fought series but as the winner who never gave up and showed Celtic pride.

Needless to say, I'm both thrilled and worried at the same time. Tipoff is at 2:00 am here and I really want to see the Celtics win, not only because I love this team but also to shut up all the haters mouths (they are numerous in France, many bandwagoners cheering for the Bulls and Noah). Let's go C's, please finish the Bulls tonight!

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:45 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
anybody else think boston is due for a big win at home this series? sooner or later they are going to get one...has to be sooner

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Pierce better bring it tonight.

This whole series he's been allergic to the paint, and craptacular on defense.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 09:51:55 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Just another face in the crowd?

Yup

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
hmmm...8 hours, 36 min til tipoff???

Man, I am anxious!!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 12:34:57 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
From a total arrogance and selfishness standpoint, is anyone else getting driven a little crazy about how the C's have let the Bulls look so good?  Regardless of what happens today, the Bulls are going to come out of this series looking like an elite team when they absolutely are not.  A healthy C's team sweeps them in blowout fashion.  Heck, if a couple calls or bounces went the other way, this injury-ridden C's team would've swept the Bulls. 

While I admire the Bulls grittiness, they are really only a 7th seed who wouldn't have made the playoffs in the West, and are only looking so good because the C's are looking so bad. 

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2009, 12:50:28 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
From a total arrogance and selfishness standpoint, is anyone else getting driven a little crazy about how the C's have let the Bulls look so good?  Regardless of what happens today, the Bulls are going to come out of this series looking like an elite team when they absolutely are not.  A healthy C's team sweeps them in blowout fashion.  Heck, if a couple calls or bounces went the other way, this injury-ridden C's team would've swept the Bulls. 

While I admire the Bulls grittiness, they are really only a 7th seed who wouldn't have made the playoffs in the West, and are only looking so good because the C's are looking so bad. 

And by the same logic, if a couple of bounces went the other way then we already lost this series 4-1.

This has been an incredibly even series with the exception of that game 3.  I think the Celtics are the better team, but let's not discredit what the Bulls have done here.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 12:57:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Well, I only partly agree - we've made our share of mistakes to let them into games, but so have they.  The Bulls are playing very, very well right now and were at the end of the regular season too.  We've just had the bad luck to catch a team gelling from a major mid-season trade 2 years in a row. 

I've watched most of the Miami/Atlanta games, and these are supposedly the 4th and 5th best teams in the conference.  The Bulls are playing far better than either of those teams, and not just because we're enabling them to do it.

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Whenever Pierce has been questioned in this series (and in his career for that matter) he has responded in a big way.  Right now everyone is questioning ability, strength and health.  They are questioning his judgement and even saying he is overrated.  Pierce will be on fire tomorrow and I can't wait.  Goodnight Chicago.

100% correct.  Pierce plays best with a chip on his shoulder.  See y'all tonight.